getting to know everyone

North Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Marilyn left out her little boy Friday...she is wild about him, too ;o)

Here ya go, Lisa. Eliza's links. You may need a tissue at one or two points but mostly you will laugh and say "awww."

When I first got her http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/835410/

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/847710/

This thread shows pictures of her house, car and plane. lol http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/908870/

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/918125/

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/930250/

We saw Eliza (and Henry) during the first snow this year...along with around a dozen or so woodies. All of them must have been ours because they all answered when I called...it was too cool!

Marks, MS(Zone 7b)

Nice to meet you marilyn. Age is just a number. I am sure you are just as young as the rest of us at heart.

Kim, hanks for sharing Elizas story. She is lucky to have been brought to you. Love all the pictures.

Dalton, GA(Zone 7b)

Hey! my name is Becky. I live in Dalton, GA. It is about 30 minutes from Chattanooga, TN. I work in Chattanooga as a pharmacist, and every year around this time I get spring fever and this site is my outlet :~)

I have a 9 month old son, so learning how to have time to garden again!

Thumbnail by rah127
Laceys Spring, AL(Zone 7a)

Hi Becky. Glad you, and your son, joined us here. Drop in any time you can.

Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

Kim I'm going to go back and relive some of Eliza's childhood, was a very exciting time!

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Okay, guess I should post Friday's photo so here he is in his newest sweater--which he hates to wear! He runs from me whenever he sees me pick up his camo coat or his sweater but when the temp outside is below freezing, I make him wear one or the other.

Thumbnail by marsue
Marks, MS(Zone 7b)

hey becky, your son is adorable! I think we all have spring fever, but, before you know it, spring will come, and then it will get hot, and then we will wish for winter again lol.

Friday is quite handsome there with his sweater on! He looks like he is a fun dog.

I just got my baby Chloe yesterday. Heres a pic of her....all dressed up...lol. I swear this isnt going to be her every day attire, but, I just couldnt resist the temptation, haha, and she actually seemed to enjoy it!

Thumbnail by lismil
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Awww, Chloe is a doll! What breed of dog is she?

Marks, MS(Zone 7b)

lhasa apso... Im so excited to have a dog again. My BF wouldnt let me have a dog, but he has his hobby that I dont like all the time, so last time that he said he was gonna spend more money on his hoarding tendencies, I told him that if he got it, I was getting a puppy, so when he just went ahead and bought it, even though I didnt want him to, I went ahead and bought a puppy,,,even though he didnt want me to, lol. But its all been working out, and btw, I love my bf, even if he is a hoarder.

Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

Hey Becky! Somehow I missed you!

What a cute baby you have there!!

Friday is just adorable in that sweater he doesn't like.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Well, I am really late in finding this thread - been missing in action the past couple of months - but I am Genna and I live in a small community near Camden, Arkansas. I have been a member of DG for almost 4 yrs now and totally agree with Kim that I have made some of the most amazing friends here! My family thinks I am always talking about my DG friends, and I am CERTAIN that my DG friends think I am always talking about my family.... but I love both groups dearly and do talk about each a LOT!

I had a LONG post written and then lost it, so I can't remember what all I said. I have a LOT to learn about plants and gardening, but thanks to my DG friends and numberous roundups my flower beds looks so much better - I really have no plan to my beds. Started out trying to plan them and I kept killing plants, so I just started putting things in the beds with a lot less fuss over what goes where.

This picture shows my family, except for the furbabies.... My husband Leigh and I are at the front, and the kids are on the back. Left to right - Alex is my oldest, just finished college in December and has recently been notified of his acceptance into medical school at UAMS. He will start there in August. My youngest son, Kyle, is next. He is a senior in high school and will be leaving the nest soon - he thinks he will be attending Ouachita Baptist University too, but that isn't set in stone yet. Our exchange student, Clara, from Italy is next in the photograph. She lived with us the entire school year last year. Last is my baby, Jessica, who is a junior in HS and will soon be flying from the nest herself. My life revolves around my kids and their mirage of activities, which keeps me on the road. I work full time, and so my "spare" time is limited.....but in it, I enjoy being in my flower beds, sewing, smocking, or scrapbooking..... although like Cindy, most of my hobbies take place in my mind since I don't have much real time for them!

It is great to see new faces and put them with the names. Lisa, you will find that once you meet us in person, it is much easier to keep everyone straight - and several of us have met in person numerous times. It is always a fun time when we get together!

Hope to have the opportunity to meet more of you in person soon!

Genna

Thumbnail by gen2026

Genna, I love your family photo!! You all looking great, and that is wonderful that you have one that includes your exchange student.

Marks, MS(Zone 7b)

Nice to meet you Genna. You have a beautiful family! 8-)

Summertown, TN(Zone 7a)

Hello, Lisa! I tend to float in and out as an active member of Dave's Garden, usually being more active during the warmer months. My name is Annette, and I live in southern middle-Tennessee. I am a nurse, and I also work at a garden center, so I get to do both things I love the most! Besides gardening, I also love trying new recipes, birdwatching, and drawing/sketching. I look forward to Spring, and plan to spend more time here, as work permits! I usually do more reading and learning than posting, but I'll be around... :-)

Annette

Thumbnail by happyNdirt

Hey, Annette. I think I remember seeing you here before. Glad you dropped in again and do come back any time!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.