Iris swap 2011???? good ?

Santa Ynez, CA

Okay, I have heard some rumbles from a few people, is there going to be an 2011 iris swap????
well after last years results, I am hesitant, I had really wanted it to be a fun, neat experience and there were probably 4 at least, people who did not get iris or got less than wonderful iris, and so I really felt like, what is the point, I wanted people to enjoy this and really come out with some iris in their gardens that had a good feeling about their swap. So you tell me, is this worth it.....????
I can't promise people will come through and I don't want people to be disappointed, but I can't control what people are going to do or not do........any thoughts?????

Thumbnail by makj
Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Absolutely we should do it. Please just eliminate the ones that didn't send.

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

I was pleased with what I recd. and hope the receiving party was also.

Maxine

Spicer, MN

I agree with Mittsy. With the 'ones' (4 to 8?) that failed to honor the trade last year, they shouldn't be allowed to be on the trading list. You worked hard to make our exchange fun. I don't blame you for feeling this way.

Suggestion: Those reneging are out unless there were/ are horrendous weather divestation or ...hmmm? That's probably the only excuse. :o)

One strike and your out! There is a bond that happens when sharing our Iris with each other. There is a sadness when 'one' doesn't honor this. When this happened to me last Spring, (not part of our Iris exchage) and I WAS warned, it was an eye opener. I still shake my head at her dishonesty. You better believe that I will listen to fellow Iris members now.

Sharon #3 :o)

Lebanon, OR

Mittsy, suggestion if in doubt then ask others and check out to see if they have had bad trades in the past. But if MOST where happy I would try again. I know I would trade with you or Husker any day any time.

D

We all know that things happen beyond our control, lost tags, moles, voles, squirrels, winter heaving, rot, failure to multiply, illness, family crises. Just notifying the hostess and your swap partner will usually solve the problem. This group is so generous that others would step in to send to your partner. You could always offer an iris gift certificate to one of our DG iris sellers.

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Mitsy, they used to have on Daves where you could rate the person who you traded with and if they were satisfied with the trade. I used to always use that until I made a list of who was as generous as I was in their trades. I only give what I would like to receive in a trade and have only been bummed out in one trade!

Maxine

Santa Ynez, CA

any more feed back from anyone about doing it this year???? is there enough out there????

Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

????

Somerset, WI

Hi,
Is this to be a swap of TBs? SDBs? Beardless? I haven't participated in this before but it sounds interesting.

Gilbertsville, KY(Zone 7a)

I will participate again in a named TB swap.

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Would prefer named SDB as we had named TB in the last swap.

Maxine

Santa Ynez, CA

Who is all for SDB's???? if we do the iris swap this year I think the SDB's would be a great idea.....anyone????

Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

ME

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

me also.

Maxine

Somerset, WI

I'll do SDBs. I have more of them than anything else.

Bambi

Lebanon, OR

Me too

D

Santa Ynez, CA

Well I say if we do this swap, let's do SDB's not TB's this year, and if there are enough people that want to do this, and you weren't one that didn't hold your end of the swap last year, we will do this......

What does SDB stand for? ? something Dwarf Bearded?

Lebanon, OR

Standard Dwarf Bearded

But how about including Borders, MTB, MDB, and even IB?

D

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Dee, what is borders?

Maxine

Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

SDB - Standard Dwarf Bearded
BB - Border Bearded
MTB - Miniature Tall Bearded
MDB - Miniature Dwarf Bearded
IB - Intermediate Bearded

Salem, IL(Zone 5b)

This has been posted before but is a good description of the classes of bearded iris.

http://www.irisgarden.org/beardedclasses.html

Spicer, MN

I wish I had some SDB or BB or etc...to trade but that's O.K. It might be a good exchange to steer away from the usual. Go for it!

Vail, AZ

None of the irises I received made it, and I sent some nice looking rhysomes. Count me out.

Maji
I think it would be a wonderful idea to do it again. I have been in quite a few of these iris swaps and have always been happy with what I received. It's fun and something to look forward to filling a box for your partner is fun and rewarding. I have tb, standard and minis so I am up for whatever you guys wanna do!

Thumbnail by
Santa Ynez, CA

I think Dee had a good idea to include the one's she listed above, I would be up for those......I have a lot of each so I would like it, so I would say right now, let's do this swap again and hope everyone that is involved will do their part,
I will post the details tomorrow........hope there is enough that want to do this....sorry for those that don't have any to swap, I sure hate to leave you out of this........

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

I am very inerested in the iris swap, have lots of tbs, the only dwarfs I have are a yellow (unnamed variety), in fact most of my tall beardeds are also unnamed. Tags got lost or were gifts, does that exclude me?

Santa Ynez, CA

I afraid we all want named iris whatever we are swapping, sorry.......

Santa Ynez, CA

Autumn Embers

Thumbnail by makj
Gainesville, TX

I only grow TBs here.....prefer to trade with folks of like climate, most that I get from the north east don't do well here

Santa Ynez, CA

have you tried SDB's?? I wasn't much for them until I gave some a try and WOW, I am sold....love 'em........

Santa Ynez, CA

for all those who would like to be in the SDB's swap see SDB's thread.......

Corrales, NM

I am definitely in as I already told you. I do NOT have enough SDB's but would love a named TB exchange as I should have some really fine
ones this year if all goes well.

Newfield, NY

i would like to get in this year.

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

makj,
I would be interested again! In a named iris swap!

Erika

Lebanon, OR

I'm still in for the smaller iris

D

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

i'm still in too for the SDB iris.

Maxine

Santa Ynez, CA

well I know some want a TB swap and some SDB's, I would like to do a SDB's for sure, but is someone willing to be host the TB swap should there be one???? I really only want to host the SDB, so is there anyone out there that wants to help and do the TB swap???

Newfield, NY

i will do a TB swap in ny. any takers?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.