Its official - GOODBYE Longs/CVS Broadway

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

They have already closed the outside plant section on the right side of the store, moving what is left up to the front part where they had the cactus and succulents.. I was told the whole store would be closed by the end of April. Safeway is moving into the space. I am so sad, I love this nursery.

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

Is this state-wide or just that one particular location ?

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Just the one store. It is a favorite of the gardeners in the Bay area for it has a huge garden center. And the prices are really, really good. They also have a huge assortment of all kinds of organic fertilizers, soils and all sorts of stuff. Only place I could buy humus in a big bag too. Not to mention the tons of ceramic pots I have bought there for half price. Oh WOE IS ME!

Northern California, United States(Zone 9a)

Oh man, I am so bummed! I loved that store! Are they having any good sales to clear it out? I will have to go get some supplies, I loved their huge selection of those fertilizers.

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

No sales yet. And I asked about pot sales and was told by a guy there I have gotten to know that the district manager told garden manager there no more pot sales. Boo! But maybe closer to the date. The plants are almost sold out. They must have had a sale to get rid of all of the ones on the side. There were tons and I was there just a couple of weeks ago and it was filled.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.