AR Gals Winter Luncheon and Digging Party

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Remember those boots Amber kept calling me about ? well, she lost the bid on the second pair they went to 36.50 good grief.

look at these things

she wants them to wear with her costume to the midsouth con sci fi convention in Memphis.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260722795043&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I noticed she's watching 2 other pair.

North Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Nice pix, Charlotte. I wish y'all could have seen Friday on the couch with those girls. He would walk on their legs from one end to the other, so they could all have their chance to pet him. LOL

Hey, those are not nearly as ugly as I thought they would be ;o) I would wear them...maybe not every day. lol

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

They look ugly to me too!!! Maybe they are the latest fad among her age!

Hey, they come in pink, too! LOL I would not wear those...at all!!!

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

lol, they are ugly, she will only wear them that one time. not sure who she's trying to be that's in that Dr. who film, but apparently they wore blue hiking boots.

Nice pictures everybody

Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

Love the pics!! Kim you are hilarious!!! I was seriously rolling on the floor and yes I'm typing it out! I was laughing so hard Dave came in to make sure everything was alright! LOL LOL LOL

Thanks for sharing those pics! I was trying to take pics with my stupid phone camera but it's horrible, maybe next time I'll remember my camera! In that one pic I was actually watching Kim diddle with her camera because I'm jealous of it! I want it!! LOL

KA why in the world, I never thought that blue hiking boots would be so popular! Would she be able to go for the pink ones? No one has bid on those yet.

I had a wonderful time with y'all and you all are right, time flies by when we are together! Marilyn thank you so much for having us over to dig up your plants :-) I just hope I don't kill that knockoff rose.

Nassau County, NY(Zone 7a)

Great fun guys, I keep on dreaming when I am going to get down to meet some of you!

Laceys Spring, AL(Zone 7a)

Enjoyed your photos and the commentary too. Y'all are beautiful! And I can just see some of those those door prizes in your gardens this summer already!

Booneville, MS

I've really enjoyed the pics. Wish I could have been there to see everyone.

Who is Gideon's momma? I seem to have missed that.

Terrye

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Gideon 's momma is marilyn's daughter Michelle. she's baby sitting him while she's out of town.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Gideon belongs to Marilyn daughter, Michelle. Marilyn is pet sitting for her while she is in Florida.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Well we both answered at the same time!!!LOL

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Thanks for posting your photos, too, Charlotte!
Glad everyone had a good time and that the rest of you who couldn't be here enjoyed the thread and the photos, too.

Buddy would be glad to know that his roses and some of the other plants will have good homes--and the "Buddy rocks", too! Today would have been his 65th birthday so, Buddy,
this is for you: HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :o)

Ripley, MS

I am sure Buddy is having a wonderful birthday today, Marilyn !

I too would have enjoyed seeing all of you, it looks like so much fun.
All of you look great and Kim you do look slimmer to me too !

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

This is the cutest thread, from the gifts to the comments to the lovely ladies and dogs!

Thanks, Billy. We do have a wonderful time together...and we get together many times a year! If you didn't live (at least) 10 hours away, you could join us next time ;o)

BP!!! You should drive your tail down here and join us next time!

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Oh gosh, I am so behind on threads :o)

I wish I did live closer. It would be fun and I loved all the gifts!

Sally I wish you lived closer too!

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

:o)

Sometimes the world is just too big :o(

LOL I think all of us should live in one city!

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Me too, but which one? LOL!

Start our own called Mid-South?

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

That was my thought. Make a place of our own :o)

Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

We have.... here

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Hey, BP: glad you dropped in on us! (BP and I chat every day on the weather cubit.)
Cindy, so true! We have our own "city" right here! :o))

Good point, Cindy!

Very good point Cindy!

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

It is so cool to have mini groups who are close to each other! It's funny, I am not on any threads with people from the nearby towns. I have such different interests I guess. I never see them on my threads and haven't had time to go to theirs.

Maybe someday..... :o)

Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

Sally I have the same problem. My friends here I travel 4 or 6 hours to join in with them.

And we love it when she does! We will see her in about a month........and I can hardly wait!

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Yes, we were really sad when you didn't get to join us in December in Hot Springs, Cindy.

BP; (Sally), you are welcome to come to any of our get-togethers anytime!

Did the rest of you ladies know that Sally's DD is expecting twins--a boy and a girl! I think they are still in shock!

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Riverland, I wish DH liked to travel. He doen't even like flowers, but he does like to do the hardscaping and helps weed :o) He a private person and doesn't want to go to round-ups, and doesn't want me to go alone or even with someone since we don't know them. Oh well, I have plenty to do trying to keep everything weeded :o)

Smiling, I am in shock! But I saw the ultrasound pictures yesterday and I love them already! It's amazing how many ladies have twins here at Dave's. I'm up for all the advice and stories they want to give!

You're having twins??!! How did we just find this out?? How did I miss this!! Congratulations!!

There is a young lady who works for me who just had twins last July. She also has 2 older kids (who I wouldn't call 'old' - they were 2 and 4 when the twins were born). Whew, she has her work cut out for her!! I'm sure you will get loads of advice! But I can imagine the first piece of advice will be get help....lots of help.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Outside, Thanks! I tried to tell all the forums I'm on, but still haven't had time to get everywhere.

Thankfully, the Grandsons are 6 and 4. More help than self centered now. Well, maybe, LOL!

I hope to get loads of advice. I've never been around twins, personally. The help, she will need.

I think we should get the boys every weekend to help, but today but I'm a bit queasy, started with the dry throat last night and have a headache trying to sneak in. I'm really trying to stay on top of it!

Sally it's your daughter having twins, right?

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

YES! LOL!

I think I would cry if it was me!

(karen) Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Sally, congrats on the twins!!! My son has a set of twins that are going to be 4 on Saturday. My advice is simple - everything you do you'll need a holding area. Once they start moving about especially - get a small playpen that will fit thru your doorways. When you bathe them you'll need a place to lay the first one while you get the next one out of the tub (a clean place helps of course) so before you start move the playpen into the bathroom and life will be MUCH easier When you are getting ready to leave the house put the playpen by the door and then they are contained while you pack the car etc. I had four kids but you just don't have the same issues with singletons as with two at once, the first time I gave them a bath by myself I was standing there with a wet baby and a diaper under my arm - couldn't go lay the one in my arms down without leaving the other one unattended and I sure couldn't contain them both at once soooo lesson learned!

Enjoy them as time seems to double fly as well:)

Here's our grands - obviously the twins are wearing the matching shirts

Hi guys to all the rest of you - a couple of weeks and then I'll be leaving the dark place named "end of the year in the accounting world" and entering SPRING !!!! (hopefully at least)

Thumbnail by kjuddy
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Good to see you posting Karen!! We've missed you.
Good advice on the twins. I have twin grandsons now 14. They had a brother that had barely turned 3 when they were born. They had a small portable play pen when they were small also. I can remember being out there and keeping all three kids and realizing I couldn't take a shower and get dressed because I couldn't leave the kids unattended. They had to all be asleep to even get dressed! They were also identical (had genetic testing to confirm) and DIL was afraid they were going to get them mixed up so she painted the toe nail of one of them and kept it painted for quite some time.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.