AR Gals Winter Luncheon and Digging Party

North Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Just got home from Marilyn's and what a wonderful time we had...like always! Thanks Marilyn! The food was magnanimous! Please tell your friend that she can make sugar cookies anytime that she wants and I will be happy to be the taster! I left my ice chest, I will get soon...or if you come this way, just throw it in the front yard. lol Charlotte, thanks for driving and bringing brownies...delicious!

It was not above freezing when we arrived, so we opened door prizes first.

Charlotte with her floral plaque and ceramic birds...Gideon is keeping watch just in case something is for him.

Thumbnail by duckmother

Loretta's gift is a purse birdhouse, gardener's soap and whipped shea butter...I wonder who brought that? LOL

Thumbnail by duckmother

Marilyn with iron planter.

Thumbnail by duckmother

I am not certain how I managed not to get a picture of KA or Crissy with their gifts. I know they got cocoa lined planters with seeds...maybe someone else got a photo.

Probably this guy had something to do with it...Gideon (or as I was calling him, Giddy) was determined to keep my attention...

Thumbnail by duckmother

This one was pretty determined too. This is Friday or as I was calling him, Fry Daddy ;o)

Thumbnail by duckmother

It was up to 40 degrees, so we went to work...

Crissy, either wondering if she needs that plant, wondering what that plant is...or wondering what she just stepped in! LOL

Thumbnail by duckmother

One worker, three supervisors...sounds about right ;o)

Thumbnail by duckmother

Still working...

Thumbnail by duckmother

Supervisors trying to look busy...

Thumbnail by duckmother

Look, another supervisor has joined in the fun...

Thumbnail by duckmother

Oops, looks like the worker is getting disgruntled...

Sorry forgot to add picture...

Thumbnail by duckmother

Wow! I guess one of the supervisors got demoted to worker. hahaha

Thumbnail by duckmother

The truth be known everyone...including me...dug, potted and toted plants and rocks. I think we all went home with a fully loaded vehicle.

Goldfinch on Marilyn's backyard feeder. Then we had lunch of salad, lasagna and garlic bread with brownies and sugar cookies for dessert. Delectable! Wish you all could have joined us!

Thumbnail by duckmother

I have already planted the jap map and sword fern that I brought home and hung up my door prize; a lovely cedar suet feeder with 2 cakes of suet.

Thumbnail by duckmother

Buddy's rock already has a home, too...in the middle of crepe myrtles.

Thumbnail by duckmother
Batesville, AR(Zone 7a)

Wonderful pictures, Kim. I enjoyed myself as usual, thanks Marilyn, it
was so nice seeing everyone.

Loretta

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Great fun today! thanks Marilyn. I really wanted to go back for seconds on that food, but I behaved myself. now I wish I hadn't

if you end up not selling your place, I'll gladly give your roses back to you ;0)

It was great seeing you ladies as usual. we have a blast when we get together. Time flies when we have fun.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Kim, I was ROFL as I was reading the posts and looking at the photos of all the "supervisors".
I am still giggling over your commentary! LOL I'm glad you got a pic of the goldfinches on the bird feeder. I have not seen any to date--guess I just haven't been looking at the right time.

I'll be sure to tell Miss Lottie (age 91) that you all liked her sugar cookies! :o)) She will be pleased as she loves to cook. It gives her great pleasure to share her baked goodies with others.

I want to thank Kathy Ann, Kim, Charlotte, Loretta and Crissy for coming to dig up plants and to give them a good home. I so enjoyed our time together today. We laughed and talked and ate and dug plants and took cuttings from the roses to share with others. Everyone went home with a "Buddy rock". It warms my heart that Buddy's roses will have good homes and some of the other plants will, as well.

I didn't take any photos when we were outside but I do have photos when we were opening the door prizes.

Here is Kim opening her door prize as Gideon stands by. He and Friday kept expecting somebody to give them a treat, to no avail.

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Here is Kathy Ann opening her door prize while Kim gets ready to take a picture of Friday and Gideon. I'm not quite sure what Crissy was thinking here! LOL

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Friday has to make sure there is nothing to eat in Kathy Ann's basket. Kim concentrates on taking Gideon's picture.

This message was edited Jan 22, 2011 6:54 PM

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Loretta and Crissy admire Loretta's door prizes--not sure what Kathy Ann is doing. LOL

Thumbnail by marsue
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

well, you definitely caught me with my mouth open lol

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Crissy shows off her door prize as Loretta and Kathy Ann watch. It was the same as Kathy Ann's--a hanging basket with potting soil and seeds included.

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

LOL, Kathy Ann! That I did!

and here are Loretta, Chrissy and Kathy Ann enjoying a laugh.

What? Neither dog is in this photo!!

This message was edited Jan 22, 2011 7:06 PM

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Here is proof that I took a picture of Charlotte, too. :o) Gideon wasn't going to be left out, either, just in a case there was a treat in that bag!

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Loretta, Crissy, Kathy Ann and Friday watch intently as Charlotte opens her gift bag.

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

That's all the photos I have. Thanks again, ladies, for another wonderful time together! I wish the rest of our Mid-South friends could have joined us!

I am glad you got a shot of KA and Crissy opening gifts.

Please make note that I did not post any of the unflattering photos...you know the ones! I decided y'all could even too easily ;o))

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Yeah, you know we wouldn't let you get away with that! LOL

Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

Well I thoroughly enjoyed all the photos and comments. You all look so good to me, wishing I could have been there to see you in the flesh. Kim you look so slim .

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

We did have such a wonderful time! It is amazing how quickly the time flies when we get together! Marilyn we will certainly give your plants a good home and if you ever need them, you know where to find them!!
I took a few pictures while we were opening door prizes but I haven't had time to look at them yet. After I dropped Kim off I had another stop I had to make so didn't get home until after five. I did get out and fill some containers with sand and got my rose cuttings settled in.
I had a few things Marilyn gave me that she had been keeping in her garage, so I got those out of the truck and got them in the garage. But all the other stuff is still in the truck. Will get them out tomorrow. Will post my pictures in a little while.

I LOVE YOU, CINDY! I thought I would type in big letters because you obviously cannot see. LOL Thank you for the wonderful complement!

Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

I can see very well Kim so keep the compliment. LOL

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Here are my photos! Love this one of Kathy Ann and Friday!

Thumbnail by cperdue
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Loretta opening her door prize! Everyone cheering on.

Thumbnail by cperdue
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Marilyn and her door prize.

Thumbnail by cperdue
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Kim and her prize.

Thumbnail by cperdue
Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

I love the purse birdhouse easy enough to clean it out.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Another cute one of Kathy Ann and Friday.

Thumbnail by cperdue

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.