growing Chicken feed

(Zone 5b)

Back in the days when I bought and ate eggs, I only bought "Jumbo" sized eggs. I can't believe there isn't a market for them! If you can't sell them and there are too many to eat I agree with ZZ's about feeding them back to the chickens, or you could donate some to a food bank. Who would have thought jumbo eggs would be a problem, especially the way you feed yours!

Erwin, TN(Zone 7a)

The problem is $, -- it takes $20 to drive to town, -- I would have to have a good market to make a profit after the gas $, -- I don't feed raw egs to the chickens, -- believe it promotes egg eating in the nest, -- I hard boil the eggs before feeding crushed eggs to the hens, --

Richmond, TX

Definitely feed only cooked eggs, as you say. I have a neighbor who loves oversized eggs and will take as many as I get - but I have fewer chickens...Perhaps if you save them up for a while the trip would be worthwhile.

Erwin, TN(Zone 7a)

things are going well, -- here is a pict of the girls outside, [and my old truck ,etc]

Thumbnail by Michaelp
Erwin, TN(Zone 7a)

Here is a pict of "Jersey" our Jersey/Brown Swiss, Milk Cow

Thumbnail by Michaelp
Richmond, TX

A happy looking mob!

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Every now and then I get a jumbo egg too big for the carton to close over. It's from my Golden Comet. We always eat it. I have 6 more Golden Comet chicks. Congrats on those great numbers. Love the cow.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.