The crisis makes us all even more creative.

Los Angeles, CA(Zone 10a)

I keep it as a relic of that time. LOL. Would be great if you post a pic of the one your mom has.

Laceys Spring, AL(Zone 7a)

There are some of us around who remember that era! Beautiful cream jug too. Good to hear from you.

Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

Oh I wish I could get a picture! That would be awesome if it is the same jug! My mom lives in California and I live 2000 miles away in Arkansas, and she isn't technology savvy anymore and just had back surgery so getting a picture isn't going to be the quickest thing that's ever been done lol!

OutsidePlaying, sounds cool !
Crissy, I just thought that you might have those circumstances. Anyways it's amusing we have the kinda same jugs. Lol.

Oh I know it, funny how the same stuff got all over the world. I'll talk to her on Sunday and I'll describe the jug to her and see if it's the same one. I hope it is.

All that issue about the jug is certainly funny, but when I was a little child I was looking at that old cream-jug from the distant 60-es in the dining-room's cupboard and I was sort of real intreaged by it. I thought there's some mistery in it. As if that mere cream-jug kind of imbibed the misterious history behind and mayby future ahead... At that time I was certainly more absorbed by the history it might had observed behind.
Oh, please say hi to your mom. grin

LOL! Yes! I used to do that too, and still do to a certain degree. I said Hi to my mom for you! She was all "Who? From where?" LOL!!!

That's hillarious! LOL.LOL

Hornell, NY(Zone 5a)

Still traveling George? Where did you go on this trip?

Al

-South Central-, IL(Zone 6a)

George, Hi!! Why don't you start a thread called 'Sochi and the Winter Olympics' and let us know what is happening to your beautiful area as Russia prepares for next winter? I'd love that. Please?

Hi Al and FlowrLady! I was in Prague and to other places in Czech Republic. FlowrLady, Olympics is quite far from my place in Sochi - it's about 50 miles to get there and I usually try not to travel to that part. But I will try to get a sneak peek, when back to my southern home. However, it will probably happen not earlier than April or May.

George, that will be great! I live thousands and thousands of miles from there, so you are my "man-on-the-street" for the 2014 Sochi Olympics. Just keep us up with what you know...it will be more than we can read or see on TV. That will be great!!!! Thanks my friend.

OK ! =)

George I hope that your family and friends are all ok from those meteorites!!!! I know that it wasn't near you but I'm worried about y'all, what a scare!

I think it was fun ! LOL
I just love meteorites, once I bought the small one for a prohibitive price. Sure they scored there in Chelyabinsk ! LOL

Hornell, NY(Zone 5a)

Those meteorites are falling all over here in Florida and California, too. I hope everyone is hiding behind trees!

Al

LOl. Yours aren't that big! LOl The one Russia recently had was like 20 times more powerfull than the cold war nuclear bomb. But it exploded above the relatively unpopulated area at approximately 15 000 ft altitude. They still search for the main fragments- the scientists assume the size of the biggest that reached the surface is about 20 inches in diameter. I once purchased a fragment from the Sikhote-Alin meteorite ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sikhote-Alin_meteorite ) from the Moscow Geophysics institute- it's half inch and I payed about 30 bucks for it.
Here's the pic of it.

Thumbnail by KashtanGeorge

George, that's neat! I've been wondering about you and the meteorite.

Thank's FlowrLady. =)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.