Show your favorite Eye and Edge!!!!!!!

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

For those who like the eyes and edges this would be a good time to share.

Big bold eye and edge on of the boldest i have seen....

WRITTEN ON THE WIND

This message was edited Jan 16, 2011 2:05 PM

Thumbnail by Lyle627
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

WOMAN AT THE WELL -

Thumbnail by Lyle627
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

ZAHADOOM - This is a nice parent for bold eyes and edges

Thumbnail by Lyle627
Bakersfield, CA

Those are both really beautiful! I love to see these pictures, mostly because I know so little about what is out there, but seeing a picture of a flower that someone is actually growing where the color hasn't been manipulated is really great! I wish I had some to show, but last year was my first to start collecting daylilies -- maybe by next year! WRITTEN ON THE WIND is especially gorgeous -- I'll have to check that one out!

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

WISEST OF WIZARDS - Another good inexpensive parent.

Thumbnail by Lyle627
Lillian, AL(Zone 8a)

I have said this before, This is by far the best eye and edge I have used. Sets pods with ease and never has a bad hair day.

Thumbnail by spunky1
Lillian, AL(Zone 8a)

This is my favorite of my own, not registered yet but proving to be a great parent.

Thumbnail by spunky1
Lillian, AL(Zone 8a)

Another good one for large eyes.

Thumbnail by spunky1
Lillian, AL(Zone 8a)

Another good parent for large eyes.

Thumbnail by spunky1
Chapin, SC(Zone 7b)

Fred, that's a beaut!

John Benoot is one of my very fav's for eye/edge.

Thumbnail by LaLambchop
Chapin, SC(Zone 7b)

God Save the Queen is too.

Thumbnail by LaLambchop
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Fred - All nice blooms! The future seedling is exceptional!

Leslie - Both nice eyes with edge JB is a beauty, GSTQ is my favorite.

I had a couple good seedlings from this one

WINNING NOTE

Thumbnail by Lyle627
Chapin, SC(Zone 7b)

I have to admit I have a sweet spot for John Benoot the flower because I was there when it was named and am fond of the man for whom it's named.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

This is another good parent.....one Bill Maryott uses a lot

WILD CHERRY ROUNDUP

Thumbnail by Lyle627
Chapin, SC(Zone 7b)

Dan T has a lot from it too. Nice, round kids.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

That does add something special to a daylily being involved with it, and the person it honors..

I will bloom out several seedlings from this one this spring....

WHEEL OF TIME

Thumbnail by Lyle627
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

It's not hard to tell I like the round ones....BG

This is and older daylily that has been in the background of some nice daylilies..

UPPERMOST EDGE

Thumbnail by Lyle627
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Put the above daylily with this one and you could have a very nice seedling...

UNENDING MELODY

Thumbnail by Lyle627
Hustisford, WI(Zone 5a)

Spunky, that seedling is beautiful! ~j

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

UPPERMOST EDGE X UNENDING MELODY....something like this!

Thumbnail by Lyle627
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

another older daylily ....

TOUCHED BY GRACE...

Thumbnail by Lyle627
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

THE BAND PLAYED ON

Thumbnail by Lyle627
Logan Lake, BC(Zone 3a)

All are lovely, fav is Wheel of Time.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Betty - Some how I missed your post. WRITEN ON THE WIND is a good pollen plant it needs to be put with something with a taller scape Fred has a photo of OPEN MY EYES it could be a good pod parent to put it with, I think it is most important that information is shared on what a daylily brings to the table so others don't loss valuable time. Others may have a different opinion on WOTW.

Margaret - Wheel of Time sets pod well for me and has shown some poly blooms from time to time .

TEXAS BLUE EYES

Thumbnail by Lyle627
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

VENETIAN BAROQUE

Thumbnail by Lyle627
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

This is one of the daylilies i put with WHEEL OF TIME

TEQUILA MOCKINGBIRD -

Thumbnail by Lyle627
Bakersfield, CA

Thank you, Lyle! I'm collecting all the information I can now. I really love your VENETIAN BAROQUE, but when I got into Mort Morss's website their picture of it looked totally different so I decided not to go for it at this time. But if I could be guaranteed it would look like yours I would probably jump at it! And I'm really drawn to UPPERMOST EDGE too.

Cartersville, GA

Lyle--- You said, "I think it is most important that information is shared on what a daylily brings to the table so others don't loss valuable time." I cannot tell you how much we appreciate when this kind of information is shared by hybridizers. You are so right. It saves others so much time when this kind of information is passed on to others. Thank you for being willing to share information and taking the time to do so.

I always love your pictures! Keep them coming.

Doris

Winnsboro, TX

Happy Happy is out of this world as is all the others. I Really liked Upper Edge too.
Lyle I have a daylily here I'd like to cross with that seedling you have up there. I don't know if it would turn out as beautiful as yours is but the colors would complement one another very well. LOL Let's see, do you have any of it's pollen on the LA or somewhere? I'm talking about the picture above in the post that ends in 557.

Marian

Madison, AL(Zone 7b)

Enjoying all the piuctures.

Fred, love your future!

Chapin, SC(Zone 7b)

Texas Blue Eyes is gorgeous!

This pic shows me with Folkert Schellekins, John Benoot and Gwen Leman. The guys all had daylilies named for them on that one trip. (Two were by Dan Hansen and one by David Kirchhoff.) They live in Belgium and have come to see the bloom three of the last four years.

Thumbnail by LaLambchop
Winnsboro, TX

Nice photo Leslie. Thanks for sharing it with us. I love to see who people are and who the daylilies were named after. Now for us that do not know, can you tell us why they named daylilies after them? Do they hybridize daylilies also? They all three look like young whipper snappers to me.

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

I just love a good strong Eye with a great Edge. Happy Happy, John Benoot, Written In the Wind, and Fred's 3rd and 4th all display such great traits as do all of these. Those just caught my eye more.

I bought some seeds on the LA that have now germinated-Tigerland x Wild Cherry Roundup. Just looked like it would be such a fun cross. I have several that I bought just for fun.

Tomah, WI

I just LOVE everyone's eye & edge pix! They are some of my favorites.

Jacki Kropf

Thumbnail by mattsmom
Tomah, WI

Sea Of Possiblilities

Thumbnail by mattsmom
Tomah, WI

Southwestern Memories

Thumbnail by mattsmom
Tomah, WI

Jealous Jake

Thumbnail by mattsmom
Tomah, WI