Winter 2011 Weather Watching and Pics

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

What's the weather like for you today. Was the snow a hit or miss?

Show us your pics! What does your garden look like?

Jen , post pics of those star snowflakes here, too.

I shoveled ( er, "pushed") the snow around 11 pm. An excuse to be out in the beauty? Slept sooooo well!

Off to measure some tracks of a critter that makes the rounds here but is still unidentified---either a fox or a large stray cat. Me thinks a fox as there is a curvy line between the tracks that I think is a dragging tail

Thumbnail by coleup
annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

News report for today:

49 states have snow on the ground!

And I know it snows in Hawaii...so which state is snow free?

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

it has been snowing here since 3:00 p.m. yesterday, our snow is coming off the Great Lakes. A separate system from what the Eastern part of the country is experiencing. Lake Erie is getting iced over with all the below freezing temps we are experiencing, a frozen lake means less Lake Effect snow, but we could get just a regular snow storm anytime even into March.
I just took a few pictures to post. here is my weeping cherry next to the water garden.

Thumbnail by ladygardener1
Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

It also snowed over the weekend, here is a picture when it was really coming down.

Thumbnail by ladygardener1
annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

I know I should know this Lady, but just what is "lake effect snow"? Do all of our Great Lakes have lake effect snow ? I don't remember that term or expaination for snow from growing up just south and west of Chicago where we sure had plenty of snow each winter unlike hit or miss DC/Balt area. This inquiring mind wants to know.

Does the eastern shore of Maryland or Virginia get "bay Effect snow"?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.