CLOSED: slightly OT, but do you need bubble pouches?

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

A local hi-tech prototype and models builder has offered a good deal to me - - all the bubble pouches left over from the parts they purchase. WAY more than are needed by just little old moi . . . So, I'd like to know if there are other seed-a-holics seed traders who would be interested in having a share of the loot, 'cause God knows the cost of bubby envys could kill me. . .

Most of the time, the pouches will measure 6in. x 8in.

A lot of 100 bubble pouches will require shipping in a box measuring about 14x8x9, so postage will be about $5.00 - - oddly enough packages under 2 lbs. travel by Priority Mail just a wee bit cheaper than Parcel Post . . . it's a Gov't. thing. go figure.

Lots of 20 bubble pouches an be put into a very large manila envelope and will require $1.32 - - three "Forever" stamps - - for first class postage.

I apologise for my earlier miscalculation of postage costs. If you sent a return envy with postage to me for this offer prior to this edit with real postage expenses, pls let me know if you would rather have me return your envy and stamps to you, or if you would like to change the amount of bubbys to 20 or send added stamps for a full lot of 100 bubbys.

This message was edited Jan 13, 2011 4:26 PM

Thumbnail by LazLo
Madison, WI(Zone 5a)

I might be interested. How much would a lot of 100 cost?

please count me in, would love to have some ! do i just send you the envelope and stamps?

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

~

This message was edited Jan 13, 2011 4:26 PM

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

Would love some:) Very generous of you to share the wealth with the enthusiasts here:lol:

This message was edited Jan 7, 2011 5:14 PM

Quote from sherman99 :
please count me in, would love to have some ! do i just send you the envelope and stamps?

just wanted to know if ok to send now should have asked if you were waiting to see how many responses you get

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

I would love some.

Miami, FL(Zone 10b)

Don I'm happy to see you posting again. I hope that this year has started better for you.

(Carey) Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

LazLo has more than enough to share and was very kind in putting some in my car yesterday. Thank you again!!! :)

Deep South, TX(Zone 9b)

I could use some

Thanks

Dane

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

A lot of 100 bubble pouches will require shipping in a box measuring about 14x8x9, so postage will be about $5.00 - - oddly enough packages under 2 lbs. travel by Priority Mail just a wee bit cheaper than Parcel Post . . . it's a Gov't. thing. go figure.

Lots of 20 bubble pouches an be put into a very large manila envelope and will require $1.32 - - three "Forever" stamps - - for first class postage.

I apologise for my earlier miscalculation of postage costs. If you sent a return envy with postage to me for this offer prior to this edit with real postage expenses, pls let me know if you would rather have me return your envy and stamps to you, or if you would like to change the amount of bubbys to 20 or send added stamps for a full lot of 100 bubbys.

This message was edited Jan 13, 2011 4:27 PM

Deep South, TX(Zone 9b)

Well I got some large manila envelopes. Took one out and thought about 100 pouches. Hard to imagine they would fit. Has anyone sent you one yet? Maybe one of those full would be enough.

Thanks

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

~

This message was edited Jan 13, 2011 4:27 PM

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

I mailed mine yesterday. :o)

sent mine this am.

hit send before i said thank you very much. this is a great offer.

This message was edited Jan 12, 2011 3:30 PM

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

This hi-tech company also gave to me a box of small plastic cases (or boxes, YMMV) that they usually discard after receiving tooling pieces. Most are transparent but some are an opaque blue. They look like they may be great for keeping in a purse or glove box, ready for depositing snatched seeds into them.

Of these I have plenty, too. I will enclose one of these with each lot of bubble pouches that I send out - - would like recipients to give their thoughts about these little boxes once they are received.

Thumbnail by LazLo

cool. you are very generous. thanks

(Di) Seven Mile, OH(Zone 6b)

Hey Don, I'd love some of these. I'll send out my envelope to you today.

Thanks!

Di

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

Oh, me too! What an incredibly generous offer! I trade books on BookMooch, and the paperback-sized mailers would be a Godsend!

Are you looking for any veggie seeds that I could toss in there for you, too? I have a Chinese Cabbage that is to die for. Also LOTS of tomatoes and peas and beans and...???

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Houston Heights, TX(Zone 9a)

Hi Lazlo, I recently requested some Texas Red Star Hibiscus from you. If I send an envy to ;you for 20 of the bubble pks, can you just tuck the seeds in with them or not? Cam

casselberry, FL

would love some too....i will send approp boxes and postages ..or would u prefer 5$

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

All the bubble pouches are now spoken for . . . I will re-post the offer in the future, when more bubble pouches have been received.

Has anyone heard from Lazlo? Is he not well? Can someone check on him? Cam

still waiting for mine also-sent him a dmail got no reply

I talked to him last Friday. I know he lost a lot of plants in the last freeze we had. He said he had a lot of work that needed to be done so he may not have been on DG for awhile now. :(

Thanks, Careyana. Just making sure he is OK. Cam

i can understand problems, delays, issues, etc, i dont understand not communicating these things. a simple post in the forum to let us know there would be a delay would have been nice. just my opinion

I agree Sherman. However, I dont know him and I thought perhaps he might be elderly and have health problems and could not get on-line. Otherwise I, too expect people to communicate.

i paypal'd the money to him for these on jan 14, have dmailed asking about them, i have recd nothing back, yet other people seem to have heard from him. very frustrating. live and learn i guess.

(Zone 7a)

I'm sure Lazlo would post if he could - don't know his particular challenges at present, but I will vouch for his character - one of the best. Few have given as freely and generously as he has - maybe Santa Claus has him beat...I don't know :)

Karen

that is what is so upsetting. i have gotten many many flowers from him and he asks nothing in return. a very generous person. then this. sort of disconcerting. he has always communicated. now, nothing.

This message was edited Feb 19, 2011 4:14 PM

St. Louis County, MO(Zone 5a)

I agree with Karen, Lazlo is top notch, something must be keeping him from responding.

(Zone 7a)

hope things turn out all right for him

Deep South, TX(Zone 9b)

He has a good reputation and know for his generosity. If he was trying to rip people off he wouldn't of cut it off early and would suck in as many as he could.

It would of been nice if he answered his D-mail but that could be a problem for him now.

Edited to say I type too slow. People got in before I did.

This message was edited Feb 19, 2011 6:20 PM

sorry but if he can dmail others surely he could post an explaination. i dont think that is asking too much.

casselberry, FL

weell...hmmm seems he was the best going when everyone was worried about him...now that we know hes alright everyone is bashing him....i dont know him but he has always been above kind to me...im sure there is a reason for the delay....im frankly happy to know he is fine....i sent 5$...and i dont think its worth all the bashing....im sure he will send everyone their stuff

Karen, I'll give him a call tomorrow and ask if everything's okay.

(Zone 7a)

Thanks Careyana - tell him his fans have enough fairy dust to keep sprinkling on his bashers, but would appreciate any news he's all right.

a few new recipes for fairy dust might be welcome, though

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.