Do you decorate inside your greenhouse?

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

I love to put decorated things inside my greenhouse. I especially like polyresin & cement. Anybody else decorate theirs? Would love to see pictures.

Thumbnail by Buttoneer
Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

Here's another one.

Thumbnail by Buttoneer
Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

One More

Thumbnail by Buttoneer
Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

This one is the largest, hanging outside. (Should bring it in for the winter)

Thumbnail by Buttoneer
Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

And my little friend watches over all of them.

Thumbnail by Buttoneer
Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

Side view. Now let's see everybody else's.

Thumbnail by Buttoneer
Grandview, TX(Zone 8a)

I love #2!! I don't have any statues/figurines, but I do have green rope lights inside on the roof. I also have some tiny wind chimes inside by the vent window. I'll have to take some pics, don't have any at the moment.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Buttoneer---

Beautiful faces and decorations in your greenhouse.....Did you get those fromTHAT CATALOG
that I cannot remember the name of? It has all kinds of garden deco things---Help me here...

Lucky you! Very few of us have a greenhouse..So nice to have a place to keep plants comfy-cozy
in. To put your Tropicals in that cannot stay outside.

Geez! I could grow my Brugs in a greenhouse and not have to bring them in my cold, dark basement....
I could also keep my seeds to grow in one....Oh, well....

Gita

Grandview, TX(Zone 8a)

Gita~ I don't know your financial situation, but I got mine this time last year. I bought it online and they were clearance, to get in the new ones for the year. Mine is small, only 6x8 but it works for my tropicals and seed starting. My biggest problem now is wishing it was bigger. LOL If it were bigger then...well ya know :0

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

Gita, friend, do you have a Harbour Freight there near you? They have a 5' tall X 3' wide by 2' deep they are selling for $ 29.00. That soft flexible plastic but it could work. They also have a bigger one. Here's the link:
http://www.harborfreight.com/catalogsearch/result?category=Lawn+%26+Garden&q=greenhouse

Hugs, Buttoneer

Ok so the link didn't work for me. Then go to Harbour Freight.com/lawn and garden/greenhouse.

This message was edited Jan 2, 2011 10:13 PM

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

I looked up Green Man Garden deco cement wall hanging sculptures and came up with these: (prices aren't too bad)

http://www.sportslinkup.com/shop/0-Greenman-garden-2-NEW.html

I got mine at the Sunfest at Ocean City, Md a couple years ago. Would you believe the small ones were $ 8.00 each and the large one was $ 12.00? I love them all. You could hang them in your house, ya know, seeing that we all are gardeners and they represent the garden.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Buttoneer---

Thanks for all the info--but I do not see a Greenhouse of any kind in my garden.
I am obsessed enough just with what i have....My small light set-up works OK for what i do.

Yes--I do have a Harbor Freight about 20 minutes from my house....right next to a
Tuesday Morning--another favorite store of mine...

Gita

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

Gita, you could put the smaller one in your house!!

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

You know, I think next spring when I start doing craft shows & making money, I may pick up a couple more (LOL) This could be habit-forming. I am not a wiccan but I see some of them are described as such. Interesting.

Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK(Zone 7a)

[quote="Buttoneer"]Gita, friend, do you have a Harbour Freight there near you? They have a 5' tall X 3' wide by 2' deep they are selling for $ 29.00. That soft flexible plastic but it could work. They also have a bigger one. Here's the link:
http://www.harborfreight.com/catalogsearch/result?category=Lawn+%26+Garden&q=greenhouse

Hugs, Buttoneer

Ok so the link didn't work for me. Then go to Harbour Freight.com/lawn and garden/greenhouse.

When you click on this link, where it says 'greenhouse' in the search line, type in garden and hit enter. A few rows down it shows 2 greenhouses. 6x8 and 10x12 I think were the sizes. Wish I had $800 just laying around needing to be spent!~

This message was edited Jan 3, 2011 8:11 AM

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Nada!!! I am not interested in a Greenhouse of any shape or form. Thanks, though!

NO room and NO need......I do what i do with plants and seedlings the best i can....
With my small seed-set-up in my bedroom.
So far--So good!

Thanks anyway! Gita

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

Well I meant the teeny tiny for for $ 29.00 but that's ok. No problem.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I like those faces, I have seen several that I would have loved to have usually made from clay and sold at a craft fair. But I like the resin ones, too.
We got a 10 X 12 Harbor Freight GH last fall but we didn't get it set up yet. Next spring we will be trying to get it up as early as possible.

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

Hey Holly, congratulations on the greenhouse!!!!!!!!!!!!! Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend the HGA meeting this Saturday, although I would really like to, but we are picking up some elderly lady and taking her to the Conewago Gold Prospecting Club in Strinestown (meeting at 11:00 a.m. this Saturday). We'll get together, maybe in February if Critter is able to do the get together in Frederick, Md. Not sure how her health is. I been praying for her. Hugs, Judy Showers

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Oh Buttoneer, I didn't realize that I hadn't told you about the new GH. We are still planning on putting in a Conservatory type next to the house but we got this one with the idea that we could really use a working GH for growing our plants in early spring. I'm not sure if we will heat and use it all year round but I think it will be a great addition to the gardens.

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

I envision a very expensive victorian type glass house when you say conservatory:
http://www.parishconservatories.com/conservatories.html?source=adwords&kw=conservatories&gclid=CIzg6P3Zn6YCFdtx5QodjBiI
I love my old storm window/cement block structure, which you have never come over to see, yet but the invite is still there. I have been repotting and cleaning out (dead ones: empty pots) to make a little more room. I used to have a big tank of Gambusia (Mosquito Fish) on the bench but it took too much room & I couldn;'t feed them whenever we would go camping down south so I put them in the pond. They love it in the summer but don't know if they will survive the winter. I have an easter egg plant (Solanum) I started from seed and it has one easter egg on it. (turning yellow now so I should be able to get seeds out of it sooner or later.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I really should get up to visit and I will one of these days.
I envision my Conservatory that way too, Buttoneer. But the reality will be cheaper and home built but it will be more of a tropical garden with a small water feature not rows of benches of plants. Attached to the house with a door directly into it from inside. If we ever get it built I could really decorate that. LOL

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

Well, mine has benches of plants. I think what you are describing would be absolutely beautiful and appropo for you. If I wanted to make one like that, I wouldn't be able to get a fraction of the plants I have, placed in there.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

No you can get a lot more plants on benches and you are such a plant collector. I don't think what I want would be good for you. We will see how it goes when we finally get around to building it. Guess we will start with the 10 X 12 working GH and put the Conservatory off another year.

I saw those at Harbor Freight. I would like to have one like that.

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

The prices are absolutely terrific at Harbour Freight. I am looking to put together a small indoor garden in the shelf underneath my fish & frogs. They are on a decorative tv stand right now. I have cp's that I want to be getting 12 hours of light a day and they are in my kitchen window & only getting about 5 hours a day.

what is a cp?

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

Carnivorous plant. Sorry crit. People that grow them use abbreviations. Maybe they were in the service. LOL.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Buttoneer, There was a stand at the VA. Arboretum plant sale that had beautiful CP.

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

Ohhhhh what was it? sundew, butterwort, pitcher plant, venus fly trap, ? Oh Bob & I were going to go to the HGA meeting on Saturday for an hour because we had to be at another meeting (private prospecting club in Strinestown), but June called me & told me the meeting was rescheduled to next Saturday. Doubt if we can make that one since we got another gold prospecting meeting in New Oxford & we go there for breakfast. . SS

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

They had beautiful hardy pitcher plants the whole stand was great. Very interesting. There is a spring show at the VA
Arboretum. I think it is Mothers Day weekend. RCN might know the name of the vendor they could have a website. I don't have a card or anything from them.

Tiffin, OH(Zone 6a)

Those placques look like George Caruth's things- I love the green man!! I also try to keep a prism of some sort in my greenhouse. When the sun makes a rainbow in there it makes me happy!! I don't use it year around but I just like having it-when my niece was about 6 and saw it for the first time she said " Oh, good, a little glass play house!!" Out of the mouthes of babes! ! MW

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

I have a pretty little crystal that is multi-colored and has the sun face in the middle of it, hanging in my kitchen window. All this stuff is very calming.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.