December Weather # 2 Merry Christmas!

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

15° with a high of 20°
Through 10am: Mostly cloudy with temperatures steady near 10°.
Areas of dense morning fog. Sunshine and clouds mixed. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph.
Time Until Sunrise: 2 hrs 19 min
Sunrise: 7:31 am
Moon Bright!

Cindylove, I honestly thought about you many times, wondering if you were coming back. Welcome back, LOL! Wow, aren't service guys great sometimes! I hope he's able to get it fixed. 61° will be colder later even with little heaters! Do you have a gas stove so you could light the burners?

Oh Adina, that is the cutest picture!! I love his Mickey Mouse wrapping paper!!

Ric, ROTFL over the little beard!!! He would be a wonderful mini Santa Don!!

Pepper, there's something about an empty house. I love them, but am sorry that they just eventually fall down.

Cindylove, that's the greatest excuse to move that I've ever heard, LOL! 4 hours and needing gas! That is amazing to me!

Cajun, you are just not having a good winter are you?

Celia, DD has the goats, horses, chickens and one duck. That's how she feels. It's her alone time.

Well, we took the Christmas tree out and tied it in the garden. Cleaned up the needles and I just got started on the house. All of Christmas is packed away for next year. I'm dusted, and vacumed again for the third time. The carpet should be pretty clean by now! Plus DH shampooed it right before Christmas so we're good to go all winter.

It was nice, so I re-scooped paths wider too. Sure felt good to get moving again!

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Still snowing here. Looks like we have about 8" now. The horses will be fine. We will get to them today. They have water. I hate winter.

Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

Cajuns must not be built for winter, huh? I have the same feelings and I am not from south Louisiana. The sooner winter is over the better I like it. Hope all of you are doing ok and that you aren't being handicapped too much by the weather. We are supposed to get warmer here tomorrow in Middle TN. I like that. Got a beautiful card Christmas Eve from Bernie and Bertha. Thanks Bernie. Hope you are doing well also with your record snowfall. Ya want me to be looking for some land for you here in our part of TN?

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Elena, I am dreaming of the bayou with every flake that falls. LOL It was still snowing this morning but finally quit and we saw the sun for just a little bit. No snow for a few days now and I think it is supposed to warm up a bit. It will surely be welcome. A friend went on his 4 wheeler with a blade and scraped the road up to the barn for us. We were able to get to all the horses today.

I will be on my own with the feeding and watering tomorrow because DH has his heart cath in the morning. I'll stay home and get everything done and then get somebody to give me a ride to the hospital so I can pick him up. It will be a busy day and a nerve wracking one. Of course, I would rather go with him in the morning but it can't be.

Lewisville, TX(Zone 7b)

HIYA Billyporter!! wow..you made me feel "loved" by missing me!! hahaha
We were blessed yesterday as our repairman showed up unannounced & fixed the furnance! He is a great guy & he even gave us a 15% discount for being loyal customers..so it didn't cost much...not even $200!
It's still chilly here today but sunny..the high only got to 48. It's predicted by Thursday to be in the 70's as a high & the 30's as a low!! hahaha

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Lows in the teens and a high just above freezing. Had freezing fog overnight so it looked like an ice storm hit this morning. lol. Got pics but will have to wait til tomorrow to download them.

Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

Cheryl, we are supposed to warm up so I figure you will also. I hope so for your sakes. Think spring! Think spring! Think spring!

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

I'm waaaaay behind, too! Love the pics of Nicholas but like Ric says--he needs a little beard! ROFL
Bernie: that is MUCHO snow! You should post those pics on BP's "country scenes" thread--and you, too, Pepper!

# Tonight: Mainly clear skies. Low 27F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph.
# Tomorrow: Partly cloudy skies in the morning will give way to cloudy skies during the afternoon. High 48F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph.
# Tomorrow night: Cloudy during the evening. A few showers developing late. Low near 35F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

We had a good Christmas, although there were a few teary-eyed moments as we all keenly felt the loss of Rachelle. There was definitely a face or two (Pau's, also) missing in our family unit this year.

We managed to get some good group photos, although we will have to "photoshop" two prints together to get everybody in one picture. Next year we need to hire a pro to come in and take the group photo! LOL My daughter took this photo.

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

My daughter's husband took this photo;

Thumbnail by marsue
Lewisville, TX(Zone 7b)

HI Marsue!! Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to you.... I too have been away for awhile & can't believe just how long it's been..time really flew by for me!!!

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

13° with a high of 28°
Through 10am: Partly cloudy with temperatures steady near 16°
Sunshine and clouds mixed. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph.
Time Until Sunrise: 2 hrs 24 min
Sunrise: 7:31 am

Cajun, I hold tight to the thought that Spring will be all that much sweeter. But how much longer can I make myself believe it? How nice to have good friends like that! I'm saying prayers for DH. I hope it goes well and you aren't too stressed!

Elena, about Tennessee.... :o)

Cindylove, that's fantastic! I'll bet the heat feels good! Oh, how good the 70's sound to me :o)

Marsue, bittersweet moments to be sure, but I'm glad the family was together! The photos are beautiful!

Today we start taking the outdoor things down. Here, you have to take the weather as it comes, and it's coming to 40°. I'd like to leave lights up, but.....

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Love those family pics.

I am a bit jealous of the warm temps.

It was 14* here this morning. I am trying to get all the work done so I can get to the hospital. Got the biggest part of it done here at the house. Now to go across the mountain. I am waiting for my water carrying backpack to dry along with my jacket. A gallon of water spilled in my BP so I have been out in the cold with a wet back but it cannot be helped. I am begging for Spring to come quickly. I woke up in the night with HORRIBLE stomach cramps and was near to passing out before they quit. I was able to get a couple hours of sleep but I am afraid to eat or drink much. I had a bit of Tang and a few crackers.

Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Cajun, sorry you got the cramps! I hope you're feeling better now.
Mau, wonderful pictures of your family!

It's been snowing yesterday all day and we have a lot of snow, but not so much...we can get out of the street!LOLNow they say it'll freeze...arrgghhh! Nicholas had his first contact with the snow today!

Thumbnail by adinamiti

With his hands(gloves) too!LOL

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Warm! We actually have water dripping off the roof!
Sunny.

A person called yesterday about some cabinets, so I am working up an estimate now.

Big kitchen is coming along. Son is working on doors today. Most of the cabinets are stained & varnished. Drawers are finished.
The floor has to be installed before we put cabinets in.

Winter seems long already & we have 3 months to go, oh my!

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

I'll be lazy and just say "ditto" to what BP has said. She always comments so nicely! :o))

Adina; your pictures of Nicholas always make me smile! :o))

"Winter seems long already & we have 3 months to go, oh my!" Bernie: I completely agree!

Waving to everybody and big hugs to all, too!

Forecast here at my DD's house in Harrison, AR where I will be through New Year's:
# Today: More clouds than sun. High 49F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph.
# Tonight: Cloudy skies early, then off and on rain showers overnight. Low 36F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 50%.
# Tomorrow: Occasional rain tapering to a few showers late. High 47F. Winds SSE at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 70%. Rainfall around a quarter of an inch.

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Here's the weather will be thru New Year:

Tonight: A 40 percent chance of rain after midnight. Patchy fog after midnight. Otherwise, cloudy, with a low around 38. South wind between 6 and 8 mph.

Wednesday: A 40 percent chance of showers. Patchy fog before 9am. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high near 51. Wind chill values as low as 35 early. South wind between 8 and 16 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph.

Wednesday Night: Patchy fog. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 49. South wind between 15 and 20 mph, with gusts as high as 29 mph.

Thursday: Patchy fog before 9am. Otherwise, partly sunny, with a high near 65. Breezy, with a south wind between 16 and 25 mph, with gusts as high as 34 mph.

Thursday Night: A 40 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 50. South wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph.

Friday: A 50 percent chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 53.

Friday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 21.

New Year's Day: Mostly sunny, with a high near 30.

Yeah, Final getting warming this week....

Reached mid 30s today and sunny. Kinda nice. Rain and rain mix coming in tomorrow.

Here is one of the arrangements I made for work last week and bought myself. lol

Thumbnail by pepper23
Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

I am feeling much better. Still a bit touchy but not painful. That happens to me every 3 or 4 months. Just out of the blue. Never lasts long but it is excrutiating.

It warmed up just a bit today and the sun was welcome and so beautiful. Cold as out there now. I need to get another tarp up on the goat house.

Love the pics of the DGS, Adina. Looks like he enjoyed the snow.

Nice flowers Pep. The white and yellow really pop against the greenery. Good job.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

9° with a high of 36°
Fog: Visibility: 0.2 miles
Today: Partly sunny. Areas of dense fog in the morning. Patchy fog late in the afternoon. Patchy freezing drizzle late in the afternoon. High in the mid 30s. South wind 10 to 15 mph.

Cajun, (((Big Hugs))) What happened? I hope you're better now and not getting any Crud.

Adina, ROTFL!!! Are you sure Nicholas felt any snow? He's such a cutie! Aww, a snow baby!

Bernie, being busy just means a lot more time to be busy. It doesn't seem like time is going very fast for you. The work is a welcome alternative to sitting in front of the TV all day.

Mau, I'll continue to comment :o) Have a relaxing New Years Eve!

Rusty, we have that chance of rain this afternoon. Wow! I think most of your snow is going to melt!

Pepper, you have a nice eye for arranging! I love the whole thing too! The yellow is what makes it nice!

Cajun, I wish I had an answer for your ailment. Do you eat anything different at those times? I'm glad you're feeling better now. (((Big Hugs)))

My oldest Grandson is on his way to the hospitol for tubes in the ears and adenoids out. I've been waiting for this for a year. I wish Dr.s weren't so held back on decisions. He's been talking thru his nose and has had constant stuffy noses. Plus, he's been snoring for more than a year. Kids aren't supposed to snore!

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Rusty: your weather sounds like ours--we will have a 30 degree drop in the high temperature between Friday and Saturday!
Pepper: that's a nice arrangement. I can see why you wanted it for yourself! :o)
Cajun: so glad you are feeling better! What does the doctor say about those periodical bouts of the stomach cramps? That doesn't sound "normal" to me to have those every few months.
BP: hope all goes well with the DGS' surgery this morning. It's hard on everybody when a little guy isn't feeling well so I hope he recovers quickly!

It is now 7:05 a.m. here. and still dark because it is raining. The current temp. is 44F.
# Today: A steady rain early...then remaining cloudy with a few showers. High 47F. Winds SSE at 10 to 20 mph. Rainfall near a quarter of an inch.
# Tonight: Cloudy. Low 44F. Winds SSE at 10 to 20 mph.
# Tomorrow: Cloudy skies with a few showers later in the day. High near 65F. Winds S at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

I tried 3 times to get Friday to go outside but he wasn't about to stick his nose out in the rain! LOL

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Quote from billyporter :

Rusty, we have that chance of rain this afternoon. Wow! I think most of your snow is going to melt!

I has just pebbles of snow and it not much snow on ground it all gone just one different spots....

See all the peoples in New York has snow up to 24 inches of snow... Once I was living in Buffalo, NY and they told me about how deep up to 1 story snow fill up so I move out of New York to California in 1985 (live there for 3 months homesick!)....

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Isn't it amazing how we all have such diverse weather. The world is an amazing place.

Glad they are finally getting the tubes put in and the adnoids out. Must be miserable for a little guy to have such troubles.

No offense to NY but I wouldn't want to live there. The snow here is bad enough. LOL I really don't know how you guys survive it for months on end. I would be in the nut house.

I am feeling better. I know I had some bleeding because of the stool color. I have stomach ulcers and I guess that is what is going on. It doesn't seem to be food related so much as stress. Not much I can do about that at the moment. I have wondered about IRB. We do not have medical insurance so going to the doctor has to be an emergency for us. DH is having lots of health problems right now so I will just have to take care of myself and pray. God is able.

It will be a better day today. The sun is shining!!!!!!

This is an old coal chute and storage shed by my house.

Thumbnail by CajuninKy
(Zone 7a)

Snow, snow, snow!

Warmed up to high 40s with drizzle and fog all day. Tomorrow we are supposed to be near 60. Friday the temps will drop some. But Saturday our high will only be around 25.

Here's a close up of the arrangement without the glare.

Thumbnail by pepper23

Here's the freezing fog we had the other day.

Thumbnail by pepper23
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Cajun there's a bug running around here w/ the same symptoms you had.
Felt almost like food poisoning but w/ a slight fever.
Hit me hard a few nights ago.
I drank a ton of the milder Gatorade.
Knocked it out fast.

Vail, AZ

The winter storm finally got here. It's supposed to rain all night and well into tomorrow, then there's a chance of snow in the evening and a freeze down to 25. I hope it stops raining long enough for me to put out the heat lamps. If it snows it might break the bulbs if I put them out early.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Henry, glad that bug didn't have it's hooks in you for long. I have had this stuff evry 3 or 4 months for years now. With the ulcers, the stomach virus hits me double hard when I do get it but I think this stuff is different. It seems to be more stress related. But I am fine now other than a bit of soreness. I am back to eating like always. ( too much ) LOL

It was beautiful today!!! Got up over 40* and the sun was shining to beat the band. I was able to work without my jacket and sweat shirt most of the day except on the mountain where the ponies are. It is never warm up there.

DH said it is supposed to rain tomorrow but be warm again. I'll take it!!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

High today was 30 something. Still above freezing.
We are to get rain tomorrow, then back to reality. 5º for a high Friday. Then below zero!

I am going into hiding!

(Zone 7a)

Bernie, I don't blame you. I'd like to curl up under a blanket until Spring.

Pepper, I love your arrangement! Such pretty colors! Yikes on the cold!!!

Ric, sorry you were sick. Did Robyn get it, too? I hope not.

Cajun, I catch everything that goes by. DH is strong as an ox and rarely gets sick. Glad you're doing better now.

23.6º and overcast.

Isis can never resist an open door.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Lewisville, TX(Zone 7b)

Our temps today were in the low 70's!!! We received a LOT of rain yesterday & the day before..in fact, there was enough to fill my empty birdbath!!!
We are due for another freeze this weekend!!!
Wishing everyone a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! God's blessings to one & all!
Cindy

Warm with temps near 70* today. Sun peeked out every now and then and the wind was pretty strong. Had to make sure everything was secure before you went out or you would lose it. Even had an older woman hold on to me as I helped with her groceries because the wind was so strong.

Thumbnail by pepper23
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

High of 41º this afternoon.
Lots of snow melt.

Now 14º
Wind west at 25 to 30 mph.

Only took about 1 hour to drop that far.

I just came in from the shop. I am working on a fun project. Pictures tomorrow!

Hi guys! I'm glad you enjoyed the pics! Nicholas started to say ba-ba and ma-ma...you'll see him soon in some videos I made. I don't know what we will do when they will leave...only 10 more days !
It's freezing here ! It's been 10F last night...double brrrrr!LOL
I cooked meals for New Years Eve these last days : the turkey jelly, beef and veggie salad and peanut ice-cream. Today I have more to cook : meatballs, turkey and chicken sour soup, fruit salad and deviled eggs. I'm working today until 12:30 p.m., then I'll have all the time to cook. I hope to find some time to take a nap so I can stay late tonight and get up in time for work tomorrow morning...I'm working all day!
Sending 2 albums if you want to see more pics and videos :

http://picasaweb.google.com/adinamiti/AVisitAtTheGodparents?authkey=Gv1sRgCKO_nbHZh-X9Ng#

http://picasaweb.google.com/adinamiti/AVisitAtTheGodparents?authkey=Gv1sRgCKO_nbHZh-X9Ng#

Have fun and enjoy New Year's Eve! Happy New Year!
Hugs,
Adina

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

34° with a high of 50°
Through 11am: Rain showers arriving by 6am. Cloudy with temperatures steady near the upper 30s. Winds ENE at 5 to 10 mph.
Rain showers early becoming more intermittent for the afternoon.
Dyson Dark

Hi all! I'm trying to catch up. I read, answered in my head and enjoyed the photos.

Grandson went thru surgery well and was home in a few hours. By evening he hadn't had any Tylenol, and by the next day, when we went out, was happy as can be. I look for much improvement! They'll check his hearing next week. He had so much fluid, his eardrum wasn't even moving.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Ric: sorry you had the old stomach bug but glad you are okay now.
Cajun: glad you are feeling better, too!
Celia: take off your catcher's mitt! LOL
Bernie: as all the weather folk say: "Hunker down!"

Everybody have a great New Year's eve and don't overdo the celebrating! :o)

# Today: Windy with showers and thunderstorms this morning. Then becoming sunny during the afternoon hours. A few storms may be severe early. High 69F. Winds SSW at 25 to 35 mph. Chance of rain 80%.
# Tonight: Partly cloudy this evening, then becoming cloudy after midnight. Low 28F. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph.

SallyBP, I'm so glad all went well with the surgery! Many hugs to the little one !

Vail, AZ

Well, we had a bit of everything yesterday, .23in of rain, a little snow, winds gusting to 46 mph, and then a low of 23.9. It just made it up to 32.5 at 9 am. That's the coldest it's been in the 3 1/2 years I've been here. of course that beats the -15 in my home town of Calgary.

Lewisville, TX(Zone 7b)

Sunny & mild today..in the mid 60's..but we are dropping temps as I speak..we are due for another freezing weekend in the 20's over night... hopfully in the 50's during the day. I disturbed a wasp today as I pulled out a roll of paper towel!! This warm weather has all the bugs confused!!!!
Happy New Year to everyone!!! All the best for 2011!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.