December Weather # 2 Merry Christmas!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Busy thread. Can't make a month anymore without going over 200 posts, so will start a new one.

We have a nice day.
Warm, 20º
Overcast, with snow later today.
No wind.

We are working on the cabinets for the big kitchen. Some are going to be delivered today so we have room to finish some more.

We came from;
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1143390/

This message was edited Dec 23, 2010 11:06 AM

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

33° (Wind Chill 27°)
Just got back from the last of the Christmas shopping.
Well we were out 3 hours.....
Big stores are jammed.... grocery and smaller places not so much.

Robyn's making a big lasagna for tomorrow's Family Christmas dinner.
Her Sister is making a big pot of spaghetti and meatballs.
Other Family members are pissed as we didn't do Turkey/Ham, but hey it's her house her rules....lol!
Plus we are starting at 1PM.... the usual start time was around 6PM.
By the time everything got done and people filtered in from Church it could be 10PM before we got to the presents.
FAR too late for the little kids and us w/ an hour and a half drive home.
Again a few ticked off members but hey.... can't please everyone.
Plus most of them will get back together Christmas Day anyway!

Our Son should be in from Iowa in a few hours.
He's staying w/ his girlfriend and we'll see him tomorrow and Saturday here for lunch.

Looks like the weather is trying to cooperate.
30° and clear tomorrow.
Snow coming in Christmas Day thru Sunday.

Rusty take care of that diabetes!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Started snowing on the way back from Mankato. Went there to get refund on some plywood I bought couple weeks ago. It's at Menards & is now on sale so they give you the difference back. I netted $70.00.
Then paid for 5 more sheets because sale ends Sunday. I will pick it up next time I am in town with the pickup.

I don't know where they plan on putting more snow. Streets are narrow, parking lots are using parking spots to store the snow. Piles are 15 feet high. Banks along the streets make it hard to see cars coming.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Family can be tough to deal with at times but it sounds like you have it all under control. :)

15 feet!! Wow. That is scarey. It will take a long time for that to melt.

Glad you got the money back on the plywood.

We were suppoed to have partly sunny skies and no snow. You guessed it! No sun and we had more snow. Had to borrow a 4wd to get to the barn to feed 2 horses because the county had not salted and scraped like they were supposed to. Grrr

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Merry Christmas! Love and hugs to my wonderful family of friends!!!

We do our Christmas today, so I will have to read these later to keep up.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Real "Christmasy" snow this morning. Everything has about 4" of new white on it. Don't even know what our total is so far this year, but it is very close to a record amount for December.

SIL has today off, so I was going to help him string the wire in their new addition. That won't happen today. Still snowing, so plows won't be out.

Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

Merry Christmas!!!!!

I've miss everyone but it will slow down at work soon and I will be able to chat again. We're supposed to get rain today, high 43, low 33. Quite boring.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

We're looking at a Winter Weather Advisory here in Cincinnati.
And we are 'just' on the northern edge of the warning.
Snow should start here around 7-8PM.
2-3" by Christmas morning.
It's 29° currently and shouldn't get much higher than 32°.
Hopefully it will be all snow.
No warning in Dayton so we should be OK as long as we get out and back before 10PM.
Plus it's all hwy driving and they have really been keeping up on the hwys.
They were brining as we were out yesterday.
Most of the snow is forecast for Southern IN and North-Central KY.
They are looking at 2-5" by morning.

No much by Bernie's standards but people freak out here in the snow.
Seems like they have to relearn to drive in it every year.
AND learn that SUV doesn't mean snowmobile! lol!

Ric

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Still snowing. We got another inch since 9 AM.

More SUV's are in the ditch & crashes than any other vehicle.
The car companies advertise them going through anything. They never mention that they still have 4 wheels to stop like any other vehicle.

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Got raining this early morning and no icy yet so I was in hurry to store before it hit icy later on....

This Afternoon: A chance of rain and snow. Cloudy, with a high near 37. Wind chill values as low as 28. Southwest wind around 7 mph becoming northwest. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

Tonight: Periods of freezing drizzle, possibly mixed with snow before 8pm, then a slight chance of snow between 8pm and midnight, then a slight chance of flurries after midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26. Wind chill values as low as 17. North wind between 7 and 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Christmas Day: Scattered flurries. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 31. Wind chill values as low as 16. North wind between 8 and 13 mph, with gusts as high as 18 mph.

I hope it will be first Christmas Day snow in history (never know it will be or not!)...

This message was edited Dec 24, 2010 12:15 PM

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

NORAD Track Santa route:

http://www.noradsanta.org/en/index.html

It will where Santa stop by...lol....

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

MERRY Christmas to you ALL!

Got back about a half hour ago from Dayton.
It's snowing here on the west side of town but hadn't made it to the hwy before we came thru.
Which fit in perfectly w/ my plans....lol!
Very little traffic up or back.
THAT will change in a few hours.....

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Well we did it. Mankato & Minneapolis set records for most snow in December. 33.4" at Minneapolis & over 36" for Mankato. This is on top of what we had in November. Mankato street department said the plows went out for the first time November 13th.

I'll get some pictures tomorrow.

Forecast for sunshine & cold for the weekend.

Merry Christmas to all!
Bernie

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

That's a LOT of snow!

They are opening a Menards near us finally.
Should be open in a month or so.

Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

Merry Christmas!

early_bloomer

Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer
Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Well, Got icy on my deck and little pebbles of snow, too! Not much snow yet!

30* and wind chill 20*...

Merry Christmas!

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Merry Christmas!

Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

Merry Christmas To All!!!!!

I have no ice, just wet ground from the rain yesterday evening and cold temps, I think it's 38 right now. It's supposed to be cloudy and cold all day.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

We had about 1.5" of snow last night.
Looking at 59° for New Year's Eve!!!!!!!!!

Robyn's new Rabbit.

Thumbnail by henryr10
KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Merry Christmas everyone!!

Our weather was really strange yesterday. lol. Started out raining, then sleet, snow and heavy snow at that, then it quit. Then a little while later it started raining again with intervals of flurries. By late afternoon it all pretty much melted and we are back to patches of snow that have been around for awhile. lol.

Flurries occasionally today but mostly cloudy with temps in the low 20s. Decks and other untreated surfaces are icy but otherwise the going is good around here.

An odd building that caught my eye.

Thumbnail by pepper23
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

First a couple snow pics.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Both of these are off my back step.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Oldest & youngest at our house today. My granddaughter, Audrianna who is 7 & MIL who will be 93 in March.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

DD & kids.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

First cat that has shared our house in over 30 years. I'm getting to be a softy.
Makala.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

My son, his cousin & her Daughter.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

DD & SIL.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

A little Christmas color.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Bernie it looks like you had a Marvelous Christmas

Hope you see grass or at least the driveway before June!

Ric

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

20°with a high of 21°
Through 11am: Mostly cloudy with temperatures steady in the mid teens.
Snow flurries around this morning. Winds NNW at 5 to 10 mph.
Dyson Dark

We had a fabulous snowfall all day for our Christmas, Friday. I finally felt like the year ended, like it should.

Early, that's a beautiful picture!

Ric, I love the rabbit!!

Pepper, cool building. If it's a home, it's a cozy one, LOL!

Bernie, a ''Santa'' snow for sure :o) You have a beautiful family and wonderful pictures.

The tree comes down today as there are a few needles falling every day. With the fires being reported here and there, I'm being safe. We'll tie it outside and I'll enjoy it till spring.

Lewisville, TX(Zone 7b)

Hello dear friends!! I am so sorry it's been a LONG time since I've posted... I can't believe how fast the time has gone by!!
I want to wish everyone a blessed New Year & hope it's going to be even better for you than this year!

Our weather hear is in the 30's right now.. we have been jumping back & forth all week from temps in the 70's to this! Yesterday (Christmas day) our furnace died!! We are ok & asked our repair guy to come tomorrow..but he came today..bless his heart! We had just gone out to buy another little ceramic heater too as the inside temps weren't higher than 61!! He may not be able to fix it today but we are grateful he's here! ( we didn't want him to miss out on his Christmas & we are ok so it wasn't an emergency).

Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Merry Christmas everyone! We had a nice Christmas with the family. No snow, just a few showers and 53 during the day. Nicholas had a Santa outfit and he opened his presents himself!LOL

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Lewisville, TX(Zone 7b)

aaawww... he's so cute!!! Merry Christmas to you too Adinamiti.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

LOL!
He looks GREAT!
Needs a little beard.... ;-)

Cold again. lol. High of 28 and cloudy. Will get down into the teens tonight then start warming up for the rest of the week. Should be in mid 50s by Wed or Thurs.

Nicholas looks cute in that outfit!! LOL

This pic here is more of bare trees than the buildings. The gray place is an old and looks like abandoned church. The one on the corner is an old house that I can't remember if it looked abandoned or not. It may well be.

Thumbnail by pepper23
Lewisville, TX(Zone 7b)

Pepper... it sounds like you & I are getting the same weather!!! As it's about those temps here too!!!! hahahaha

LOL. I's much rather be getting hit with the snowstorm that's hitting the east right now. My sleds are getting lazy around here without all the snow to use them on. lol

Lewisville, TX(Zone 7b)

well..you can have it!!! I have had my share of snow!! I am originally from Ontario, Canada & they get a lot of snow at times!! My last winter in Canada was in 2004 ( March) & it was the worst storm that month... a foot of snow dropped every hour!! I was at work & it took me over 4 hrs to get home ( usually it's a 45 min. drive) & I had to stop off for gas 1/2 way home!!! NO THANK YOU! hahahahahaha

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Started snowing here late yesterday evening. Snowed all night and most of the day and it's snowing now. Couldn't get to 4 of the horses today to feed them.

(Zone 7a)

We had some snow today, about an inch. 26º and more snow and colder temps coming.

Cajun, the horses will be fine, won't they? I remember having to get out in all kinds of weather to feed the animals in Manila, UT. 4 goats, lots of chickens, 2 sheep, 3 horses, several geese. I kind of miss it, in a weird way. I hated being there but loved the times alone with the animals.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.