2011 Spring Round Up anyone interested?? Let's Chat Here!

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

B40B, we lived in Decatur for thirteen years. Great community. About the RUs, all I can say is stay tuned. We are open to hosting but can't do anything until at least June. It's nice to see new members here.

I've been swamped with work and a continuing barrage of houseguests for months so posting has been limited. Nice to see new folks here.

Newnan, GA(Zone 7b)

Checking in from Newnan, just south of Atlanta. Also interested in RUs that are "get-to-able" for me. Still dying to get up there to Laurel's. Hey everybody. (Waving)

Waving back to you, Judy. I'll try my best to pull something together in a few months.
Laurel

Lula, GA

Laurel, I missed your RU last year but don't want to do that again this year, so I will keep an eye on this thread.
And I will start putting up more plants to share. I may bring my DIL Sandy who has a little greenhouse business- she loves to come to RU's and you are just up the road and over the hill from us! LOL!

Hope to see some of y'all at the Hall County Master Gardeners' Plant Expo this Friday and Saturday!

Photo from last year of my Japanese Roof Iris, which are blooming right now. Everything is early!

Brenda B

Thumbnail by wholyhosta
Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

Hi , I my come too to Cleveland, I have been up to Dillard, Ga, so I can travel the back roads, I hate that
I 20 . I am taking of work the whole Summer and need to plan to do some fun things. If I can make it to Duglas Ga, it would be great. I have planted a lots of seeds, looks like every one of them came up, just to get them to live that long in the pots.

Milton, FL

Hey Brenda, My mom lives in Fairburn and I am trying to get her set up as a paid member. I will see you at the Florala swap and maybe you can give me information on any planned Georgia swaps.

Fairburn, GA

Ok, Brenda got mom set up her name is" Plantsmore"

Gainesville, GA(Zone 8a)

Gainesville Georgia here. New to just about everything concerning gardening (second year) and loving the whole learning process. We're turning a scruffy weed patch into a yard we will enjoy and providing "curb appeal" for the neighborhood. The picture is the little well house in my front yard that will be FULL of flowers this year! My darling husband built me a small greenhouse with PVC pipes and plastic and I'm now learning about seed starting. Way different from wintersowing which I did last year with moderate success. I saw some pictures of one of your RU's and was wondering what all you usually do at them?

Thumbnail by Dirt_Lover
Newnan, GA(Zone 7b)

Spring531:
I'm just a hoot 'n' a holler from Fairburn. If your mom gets into this thing, would love to have a ride-to-roundup buddy to go with. I have only been to one but it was great fun and I met some wonderful folks. Was going to the one at Laurel's last year but had to help some friends move that day. Really hated to miss it.
Judy

Fairburn, GA

Thanks Judy, sounds great.

Are you folks saying I've been elected? LOL Well all I can honestly say is we are open to doing it but I am the relaxed RU hostess and am working or otherwise occupied for the next coupla' months. I'll let DG friends know dates that are good for us and request their preferences. Then a for sure date will be set. We are probably looking at end of June or after the 4th of July since many have vacation plans then.

We have only been to Maypop once since the New Year because of the seemingly never ending series of house guests we've had since last October. Our garden and farm work are barely started.

This message was edited Apr 7, 2011 6:48 PM

North of Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

Brenda, I don't even have buds on my Japanese Roof Iris yet.... but I love them. They are beautiful!

Danielsville, GA(Zone 7b)

I will have to say the same, Brenda, and I'd love to see your place, the Blue, and I can't think of the name now, Hosta is up, and my absolute favorite.I am working on a shade garden just off my back patio.
Speaking of my Patio, does anyone know anything about a Magnolia vine? Mine is 3 years old, and starting to really climb. It was very stubern, at first, now its moving, but has never bloomed. Just wondering. Mike

Lula, GA

Mike, that is Blue Mammoth. Wait a few years, and you'll really love it! You're still welcome to visit whenever you want!

On the Japanese Roof Iris, you should be in a warmer climate there in Atlanta than where I am in the NE Georgia Mtns. Do you have a mature clump?

~Brenda

Brenda, my Japanese Roof Iris is blooming like crazy! I also recently bought a white one with variegated leaves! Won't bloom until next year though.

Thumbnail by LiliMerci

But here is a white one with solid leaves. Only have 2 buds on those the white one.

Thumbnail by LiliMerci

For those who are interested, I posted an RU invite for June in a separate thread last evening. Please use the thread for RU related topics. Thanks.
Laurel

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

To all the Ga gardeners I wish a Happy Easter. To Gapeahen, everything is OK, thanks.

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Hi everybody - I am back! I've been awol for a lot of reasons... sometimes life just gets in front of you and really pushes back, you know?

Is there to be a RU this year? I will start reading all the info... I just paid my subscription so this is my first day back...

Ms. Sterling

Donna in Douglas, GA(Zone 8b)

Maypop & Everyone who's interested,
I'll host a fall RU in October. I'm way to busy now and in the fall I'll be able to relax and enjoy hosting!

Donna Vincent
Vincent Gardens

Fairburn, GA

I just signed up as a paid member the first of this month, so I have a lot to learn . I went to one round up last year with my son and it was so much fun and I met so many nice members. I am looking forward to the Georgia Round up. Tell me when to sign up and I will make every effort to be there. Jean

Yay you, Plantsmore! Consider yourself signed up. If you would like to add a friend or family member I can add them on an edit. Let me know ASAP about the guest. Please read the thread titled June RU if you have not already. This should explain the details. There is also a plant and white elephant thread.

Fairburn, GA

Judy are you going to go to the RU that Laurel is hosting? Jean

Newnan, GA(Zone 7b)

I'm sure going to try, Jean. I may be traveling with a friend or she with me, but you're welcome to join us. Will know more for sure as the time gets closer. I don't have anything to share yet but will buy something if I have to. I just started my gardens in earnest last year and only have a few plants ... mostly Knockout roses, several hostas but I couldn't tell you the names of them. Keep in touch and we'll work something out if you need a ride.

Judy

Bumping this up to remind everyone there is a Round Up information and guest list thread going. There is also A SEPARATE THREAD for plant swaps and give aways http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1175222/ Looking forward to seeing old folks and new folks.
Laurel

I'm thinking I can't go. Gas prices are crazy right now....

I hear you Nicole. We are about seventy five miles each way from you if that helps you estimate gas costs. Maybe you can ride share?

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

Now,, the price per barrel dropped under $100 ,, so pump prices should drop in the next week also.. Hope so,,,

I've been hearing it but I haven't seen it yet.

Donna in Douglas, GA(Zone 8b)

Kiseta (Etelka) called me this morning to say her computer had crash and she doesn't know how long she will be without her pc. But she will be attending RU and wanted me to send her directions.

If anyone needs to contact Kiseta (Etelka) just me know and I'll be glad to pass a long a message for you.

Laurel, please add Rhonda Jones as my friend coming with Roger & I.
We're still keeping our fingers across that we'll be able to make the RU. My trade list will be a posted within a few weeks.

Thanks,
Donna

Donna, you have mail. I'll add Rhonda.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.