2011 Spring Round Up anyone interested?? Let's Chat Here!

Donna in Douglas, GA(Zone 8b)

Merry Christmas to ALL!!

It's been a while since I've posted and I hope everyone is having a wonderful time getting ready for Christmas.

I'm gearing up for 2011 and filling in my calendar with the up coming events. So I thought I would see if anyone interest in coming to South East GA - Douglas for a Spring Round Up. I would love for all to comes see what I've been up to since you were last here in 2008! Yes, it's a bit early to start planning but I thought I'd give it a shot!!

Merry Christmas Everyone & hope Santa bring you lots of Love & Joy in his bag of goodies!!

Hugs,
Donna Vincent

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

Hi Donna, I am a new member and I was looking for RU closer to me in Augusta, Douglas would be nice and I know where it is since I lived in Valdosta for 5 years. Please let me know, I am planting my seeds this year, but I will order some from you, I love salvias and agastaches, this will be first time growing them from seed, will see. Etelka

Still in the planning stage! Yes, it's a drive for you! My first RU trip was to Jonesboro long drive but well worth every mile!! Will keep all posted.

Thanks for posting,
Donna Vincent
Vincent Gardens
www.vincentgardens.com

Hi kiseta,
So nice chatting with you this morning! You made some great choices on those starter plants from my spring offer. Thank You for your order!

On the RU if we can get enough interest I'll be glad to Host again. I'm thinking sometime in mid to late April will be good. You'll have to help me talk it up and get folks over here to chat! I'm glad to hear we have a Great Cook on hand!

Have a Great day & we'll chat soon!
Donna Vincent
Vincent Gardens

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

Sounds great...
I plan to be there again.
Donna hosts a wonderful roundup. Lots of good trades.

Elaine

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

bump up,, ya'll put this on your calendar. It will be lots of fun!!!

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Donna,
I am still thinking about it. It takes a chunk out of my busy Spring activities as well as our $$$$$ since it involves at least 1 night sleep over. I'll get back to you, I know it will be fun though.
Coby

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

Count me in, long as is after the first full week of April. In Augusta, everybody is involved with the Masters Gulf turnament. I hope to have some side jobs, make good money cleaning or cooking. Usualy, I spend half of my money from it for flowers. I will bring some goodies in the cooler. I make some mean Tiramisu.

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

Etelka,, yum, that sounds good. I do survival cooking,, when my hubby isn't doing it. LOL I think Donna is planning more to the middle of the month,

Elaine

Spring will be busy for me! We'll see if we can get a group of 10 or more to join. If not I can plan to host in the fall.

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

And I can probably do something here on the north end of the state early to mid-summer if there is interest, Donna. Hopefully, if you are not too busy and folks are not too far, you can have a nice meet and greet.

Anybody who is looking here needs to got to Donna's site http://vincentgardens.com/Default.aspx and check out her great plants for Spring.
Laurel

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

I am interested for the round up in eather place, longest I don't have to go trough Atlanta. As I looked on the map, I can drive trough Athens and the back ways. That would be nice in the mountains, I have been in the Dillard Inn, I wish I can move up there.

forsyth, GA(Zone 8a)

I'm kind of the "shrinking violet' type , not too descriptive probably for an old linebacker ,built like a fireplug ,but I would like to start trying to make some of these plant sales or roundups. Also ,I just left Donna's website , Vincent Gardens ,and it is a super place! I've got a wish list already !

North of Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

There is a co-op going on at the other site for Donna.

Donna is listed as a grower in the Marketplace here. Couldn't members co-op here too? Some of us don't go to that other site.

LOL! I'm sure someone could organize one. I've already ordered everthing I needed, plus I'm working some neighborhood plant sales in April so I'm planning on buying there because I'll be able to get it at wholesale.

forsyth, GA(Zone 8a)

LiliMerci ,
Are these upcoming plant sales in your area listed anywhere ? I may make some of these ,I'm located in Forsyth ,the city not the county !

It will be in Norcross. One on April 22 & 23 and one in downtown Norcross April 30th. They are well know for their sales of heirloom tomatoes. They will post a list a little closer to the sale date.

Is it OK to post a link to their website here or should I dmail you?

forsyth, GA(Zone 8a)

I don't know about management ,but I'd love to have the info , Thanks .

OK. I've dmail you the link and if for some reason they don't post the heirloom tomatoes list, remind me and I will email it to you.

Quote from MaypopLaurel :
Donna is listed as a grower in the Marketplace here. Couldn't members co-op here too? Some of us don't go to that other site.

Good question Maypop....if I understand the co-op rules vendors can not host their on co-ops.
Someone else has to ask vendor to host co-op. There are other co-ops going on at other sites that Vincent Gardens is one of the vendors.

Quote from poppop :
I'm kind of the "shrinking violet' type , not too descriptive probably for an old linebacker ,built like a fireplug ,but I would like to start trying to make some of these plant sales or roundups. Also ,I just left Donna's website , Vincent Gardens ,and it is a super place! I've got a wish list already !

poppop Thank for visiting my web-store and glad to hear you have a wish list started! I'm still adding new plants, it's very timely when it just me, myself & I. So this one women show must turn most of my energy to the nursery with all this beautiful weather we're having. The spring weeds are popping up faster than I can pull them.

Here's just a few of the plants I haven't gotten listed yet....
Agastache Cana
Agastache Coronado
Agastache Firebird
Centranthus Pretty Besty
Origanum Amethyst Falls
Aristolochia macrophylla - Dutchman Pipe big leaf pipevine
Spigelia marilandica Indian Pink Root
Ipomopsis rubra Standing Cypress
Rue
Bronze Fennel
Pineapple Sage
Hakonechloa All Gold - Japanese Forest Grass
Roses
Agapanthus

If anyone is looking for a special plant give me a holler I just may have it.

I still would love to host a Round Up.....if there's enough interest may be at the end of April or mid May before it really get hot. Ladies, I'll need your help in getting the word out to the other GA/FL members about the RU. Well lunch is over .....gotta get back to diggin!!

I think this is a great plant list, Donna, and your site is fantastic. Hope you do find enough interest in a RU your way because I know that everyone who went to your RU was just blown away with your hospitality and fabulous set up!

Okay, someone needs to start a co-op here. I have no garden in Atlanta 'cause we are permascaped with natives, and pretty much only vegetables at Maypop, but these are great perennials Donna is offering. Some former members who are here but not subscribed, like Danita and Glinis (GirlGroupGirl) should be DMailed too.

How close are yall in N GA to Loganville??

Loganville is east of Atlanta. We are up 985 to Cornelia and then west over to Cleveland. Somewhere between 1-1 1/2 hours probably.

I'm in Norcross and that's about a good 45 minutes to an hour drive to Loganville, I'm on the other end of Gwinnett county.

I have a grower friend in Loganville that may like to host a RU in the future, that's why I ask.
She's just getting started and will be specializing in native azaleas and heirloom roses.

mentioning of native azalea, has anyone have any luck growing the yellow ones? Twice I bought them at a garden center down by Callaway and they died.

forsyth, GA(Zone 8a)

I have two of the Rhododendron austrinum - The Florida Azalea , one a paler yellow than the other orange red .they were bought from Lazy K nursery at Pine Mountain , a great source of native plants ,especially the azaleas .also ,years ago ,before I became aware of digging natives ,I have several R. canescens ,pale pinkish on white ,plain in a way but showy in large numbers . This is our local native .Also bought a Florida Flame ,but it is a 'no-show' so far !

mine was General something. They do have fabulous plants down at Pine Mt. I bought a Bearded Lady there and it's slow growing but doing well.

You ladies will have to share images with me of all your azaleas!! I wish I had more shade to grow them...

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

Yes, agood nursery at p. mt. I bought banana shrub there last year also orange tea olive. going to get more when I go meet my girlfirends there at the end of the month.

I've never heard of the orange tea olive. The tea olive trees remind me of Magnolia Garden in Charleston, SC. Has a peach scent to it.

forsyth, GA(Zone 8a)

I'd love to see ( smell ) that orange tea olive !

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

Mine hasn't bloomed yet. It better be orange or I will dig it up and return it..LOL NOT!
Maypop, would love to come back up to a plant swap.

Elaine

I'd still love to do it, Elaine. Mine would have to be early summer or later. We can always get a small or > group together my way, Elaine. Just us casual bunch of plant hoarders. :>)

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

yes,,,, LOL

Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

I am new to this and round ups. I would like to attend when I can. I am in a metro atl suburb. I will keep reading to keep up.

Wanda

Welcome, Wanda.

Decatur, GA(Zone 7b)

I'm in Decatur and also new to round ups but very interested in something in this (more or less) part of the state.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.