Bubble wrapping a Vinyl Greenhouse?

Saint Petersburg, FL

Good Morning all!

I've got a new Spring Gardener Gable Greenhouse (10'x20'), and we're expecting a cold snap here in Florida. I've got a small electric heater installed, but I was hoping to assist it by insulating as much as possible, as my tropicals need all the warmth they can get.

I've read the discussions on bubble wrapping, and I'd like to give it a try for my greenhouse. Has anyone tried this? Any tips on bubble wrapping a vinyl greenhouse?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer!

Mechanicsville, VA

Hello !
I do not know too much as I am kinda new here and have only had a greenhouse for a year or so.
I imagine you wouldn't want to damage the vinyl on your greenhouse. Taping or clipping bubble wrap might do that. Will this greenhouse support any weight at all ? If it does, you could throw a couple of blankets over it. Other than that, the only thing I could think of doing is buying a smaller vinyl greenhouse to fit inside this one or vice versa.But--- considering the area you live in, that might not be worth it.
I am sure someone else here might have some better ideas !

South Hadley, MA(Zone 6a)

Go fro bubble wrapping. No need for adhesives. I bubble wrapped my polycaorbonate greenhouse using water as the adhesive. Just spray water onto the vinyl and place the bubble wrap in place. Mine has been up for 10 months without fail.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.