End of the Road - Going uphill.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Time for a new thread for a new beginning.
Christmas season when everything starts anew.
Bernie

We came from here;
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1130795/

This message was edited Dec 2, 2010 7:28 PM

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Nooooo more going uphill!! Unless I'm going to live a long life! From here on out, I wanna slide!!!

Highland Heights, KY(Zone 6a)

LOL, can't say I blame you!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Only Bernie would start me at the bottom of the hill! If he wanted to give me the body of a 20 year old, that would be great. But, just make me keep climbing???? I want to go up up up and coast from there. Not going over the hill and not going back to the bottom of the hole again. LOL

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

LOL, sounds like he accidentally posed you to be another Sisyphus?

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

OK, I should have said "Good road ahead".
Trying to say things are looking better for you.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Thankfully my Sisyphean task has neared it's end!! (had to look that one up!).

You know I'm just ribbing you Bernie. :) At least an uphill journey is better than no journey.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Triskaidekaphobia -

the fear of number thirteen.
I was just balancing the check book and realized I spent $13 and some change at all three of my stops yesterday. Hope it's not a bad omen. LOL I told my life it's only GOOD things from here on out!

(...my facebook status today).

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

3 strikes, oh my!
It's a good omen when all are the same.

Big snow predicted here for later today. 7" to 12" by tomorrow. Yuk!

TGIF, Have a Great One!
Bernie

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Three 13's are good huh? ;)

Headed to a balmy high of 34 here with flurries now. 80% chance of snow tomorrow. We are supposed to get 1-3 inches of the white stuff. Agghh. Another 13 combination. LOL

You keep warm up there and if you can, keep the snow too!

Bloomingdale, OH(Zone 6a)

Lots of white stuff here, and just started coming down again!

3x13=39 3+9=12 1+2=3 3!!

3 is a good number most of the time!

BTW, I haven't had a cig since Sunday and I haven't had to bury any bodies yet. Barely...

mg

LOL, mg, keep up the good work!

Talk about 13...My first date with my son's Dad was on the 13th. We married on the 13th. My son was born on the 13th. We filed for divorce on Friday the 13th!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Does that mean you are surrounded by smelly corpses?? You ONLY said you did not BURY them....Congrats on not smoking and not burying people.

ROTF Renee! Divorcing on Friday the 13th must be a good thing. :) It's certainly not scary. Besides, that is 4x 13. 13+13=26 and 26+26=72. 26 and 52 are both even numbers and we all know how I LOVE even numbers. hahahaha

If you look at enough camouflage, will you eventually not see it???? Back to sewing!

nah 'Chele, it's cold enough outside to keep them from stinking.

I married on April 15th and divorced on April 1. 21 years apart, but I was a fool no longer.

2+6=8 7+2=9. you have to break them down as far as you can

Would you paint an invisible plane with camouflage?

Back to farmville

LMAO!!!

Thumbnail by mornin_gayle
Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

OMG! MG! yes, it's cold! LOL

If you paint an invisible plane with camouflage, is it not still invisible???

You've still not added me on fb so I'll not be your friend on FV!!

4...15...3...1, where the heck are you getting 2's???? Thank goodness you are no one's fool!!

"13+13=26 and 26+26=72."

2+6=8 7+2=9

"26 and 52 are both even numbers" huh?

Thumbnail by mornin_gayle

Oh, and this year makes 13 years that I've been divorced, and that I came back home from California.
And today I went to White Castle for lunch, and my total was $7.13. I gave her the 13 cents, along with a twenty, so my change was....$13. It's a 13 kinda day!!

I sent a friend request dearie...

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Renee, I hope you smiled, clicked your heels and thought of me. LOL

April is the 4th month so you lost me. Plllgghhh!

26 and 52 are divisible by 2. LOL Too much Sangria??? Ha ha ha. I re-added to 52 but I guess I sent when it said 72. Oh my, I make me laugh. They are still divisible by 2....

Did you send your request to Michele Noland Meyer?? I never got one!

nope, just to Michele Meyer with the daylily pic. figured that one was you LOL

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

MG, I quit smoking on Friday the 13th. Only it was 28 years ago. Cold turkey, & never had another one.

Snowed here for a while. Done now but I think more is coming.

Snow just appears this time of the year, don't really come from anywhere.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

The other one is me MG but since I sold all my daylilies and that is my daylily friend account, I don't check it much. :( I was on there today and didn't see that you added me. Use the other one. Tell her Bernie. :P

Only 28 years ago. hahhaha Eternity?? Keep that snow appearing up there, not here!

Congrats, Bernie, that was a good luck day for you, too!

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

Chele-- I forgot to ask where your hair-stuff website is. I'm thinking that my daughter in law's half sisters might want to take a look.
Pat

Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

Chele, here's hoping that the road will level out for you all now.

How much snow do you have? We have about 4 inches and predicting more during the night, and the day tomorrow.

My family's Christmas dinner is tomorrow, and we will be traveling to Louisville to my nephew's house, but that is contingent upon the weather.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Pat, I'll send you a dmail. You can also click my name on here.

Carly had a basketball game yesterday and thankfully it was not too far away. We did miss the first few minutes because I slid past the road where I was supposed to turn. We came back out about an hour an a half later and the roads were just wet, not covered with the thin layer of slick snow they had when we went to the game. We stopped at Walmart and picked up a few days worth of groceries then went home. I stayed in the rest of the day!!

I guess we got 2-3 inches as the grass is completely covered. Of course the girls demanded snow cream for dessert last night. :)

When Craig came home from work last night, he said the roads were a little slick but the salt trucks had been out. They look clear now. I have to say honestly, the county does a much better job quicker on the roads here then they did at our other house. We lived on a hill and it was considered a tertiary road so sometimes it was three days of snow before they got to us!

You be careful Bonnie. Everyone be careful and keep warm!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Wow! I just read that there will not be a Cincinnati Flower Show in the spring of 2011.

It's too blasted cold here for words. I'm rarely cold but my feet have been frozen all day. I stayed busy sewing again a lot of the day.

I missed Carly's game tonight. :( It wasn't that far away but couldn't swing gas and admission this week. Bummer. She's really good. Her team seems decent this year but it most of the girls from the previous couple of years. They did have two teams but some have dropped off.

Santa came a bit early for me so I paid the electric bill. :) And Craig will have gas money all week. These are good things. They've arranged PiPP to be on equal billing now so we shouldn't have any crazy summer bills either. Whew! His next check should be a normal check. And we are still waiting to hear back on the "other" thing. I wish they were in as big of a hurry as we are.LOL

Did I mention it's cold?!?!

Just addressed a few Christmas cards, but not sending as many as I usually do, because of the economy, and then because of my broken hand.

It sure is cold, I was out today, and saw an outdoor thermometer, and it said 14, then heard on radio that the wind chill was 4. Too cold for me.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

I certainly understand about the Christmas cards. You and your hand deserve a break! I always loved sending out Christmas cards but now the price of stamps is so high and the cards themselves are not cheap and sadly we've just not had the money. Last year we gave the teachers homemade cookies and candy and I'm not sure I can do that this year.

It is ridiculously cold out there. Is this odd for early December or is my memory broken (again??)? We didn't even have a school delay and our buses have a 10-20 minute gap in which they arrive. Some of the kids around here have 1/4 mile driveways and no parents at home.

I just dug the little ones out gloves and hats. Off to hit the sock bucket.

I have to go out later and I'm not looking forward to it! Everybody keep warm!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

We had flurries this morning and the grass was already covered when we got up. It snowed for a bit then quit.

About 4:00, it let loose again and we are really covered! I hear Rt 50 has not been touched and is pretty bad. Our roads here have been white for a bit.

The kids are overjoyed that they already have a 2 hour delay. They only have five more days of school then they are off until January 3rd!

Craig is down at the dollar store tonight until 10:30. Hope he can get home. Then I'm worried he won't be able to make it to Blue Ash tomorrow. Grr.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

I forgot to say...we haven't heard anything back from the bank or received any new documents but they have updated our loan on their website to show the details of the loan modification. :)

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

I think the documents may take some time.
There's a lot they need to repair w/ all the messed up documents.
Glad to see they've shown up on the loan site!

Looks like the snow will back off for a few hours.

It is still snowing here. Has been almost constant since about 9:00 this morning. Sometimes it will be big fat flakes, and then it is small grainy snow. I do know that whatever kind it is, it will surely make the school systems around here close down.

Chele, if the banks website is updated, the documents will follow. What is in Blue Ash? Craig's "other" job?

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Craig works in Blue Ash now. His job is across the road from where he worked 3 years ago when he was downsized. It's a one hour drive on a good day. One day last week, it took him almost 2 hours because of a wreck on 71 I think. It back 275 way up.

Carly measured 4" of snow in the middle of the yard about an hour ago. It's still coming down. We straddle two counties and one says we'll get 2-3" and the other says 3-5".

Craig just came home. He said the roads were not horrible but you can't see them! Out here, if you slide off, you might be okay and you might end up in a mighty deep culvert! I don't plan on leaving the house tomorrow! I may have to go out later in the afternoon if Carly has basketball and Lillie is supposed to have a Christmas program. I guess it all depends on if school is open or not. Right now they are still at a 2 hour delay.

Chele, just wait, they have been showing school closings here, scrolling across the bottom of the tv for about 2 hours now. Seems everything is shutting down for tomorrow. The scoll also said that our area is under a winter storm watch until tomorrow about 1:00.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

We are on the "one call" system so the school sends out automated message for important stuff like cancellations. We also get an email from WLWT but we've been checking anyway. Teachers get called first so one of their kids usually tells us before the news knows. LOL We're still under a winter weather advisory until sometime tomorrow.

Guess I'm going to turn in. Craig has to get up early but the girls won't have to get up until 8am.

Stay safe, everyone!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

We set the alarms for 7:00 so the fight for showers could start. The school called at 7:00 to cancel for the day. LOL Morganne came in to turn off my alarm before it went off at 7:05, woke Nolan and me in the process and he wouldn't go back to sleep. I'm still tired!! Waiting on the coffee!!

It's still coming down here. It looks like we got a LOT of snow but I'm not going out to measure!!

Hubby is gone so I guess he braved the roads.

I hope everyone is keeping safe and warm!

Still snowing here too. I am like you not going out to see how much we got, but I think I can predict from inside it is a LOT!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Some of the girls went out and measured in several different places. Carly being the perfectionist she is, insisted on taking the average. LOL That being the case, we have 6". They measured anywhere from 4-8" in different locations, then divided. Mostly, they came up with 6" just about anywhere in the yard.

Craig made it to work but it took him an hour and 40 minutes. He said the roads were not awful but everyone was moving slow. Typical, 71 backed up 275!

I saw my neighbor come home a little bit ago. I'm trying to get a hold of him to see if he's going back up and if he'll pick us up a few odds and ends. I don't trust my tires in this mess.

Since this is light fluffy snow, the fun will start later when the wind kicks up. Even if they clear the roads, it'll blow off the fields. Anyone in a rural area knows how much fun that is. LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.