Question...help please?

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

I mis-placed some MG seeds last spring while waiting for the snow to melt. In the mist of preperation for my DD's wedding I totally forgot about them and have NOW just come across them.
Are they still good??? I can't plant them here until late May/June unless I do a few in the house....which i've never done. Even if I plant them in the house...there is no way i can plant them ALL !! UGH!!! I hate myself at the moment!!!!!

Here are the ones i've come across so far:
Flaked Shibori "Raspberry-Red"
Flaked Shibori Blue-Purple Mix
'Gray Morning Mist'
'Matsukaze'
Hutsu Arashi
and Blue Shamrock Pea Oxalis

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. :)

Thumbnail by pixie62560
szarvas, Hungary

Hi Pixie,
if kept in a dry place they are good for 10 years.

(Zone 7a)

Just imagine how long they would last in King Tut's tomb! (couldn't resist)

(Becky) in Sebastian, FL(Zone 10a)

Good that you found them! They should last for several years if they were sent fresh to you! You may have enough seeds for several year's worth of gardening. :-) Enjoy!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Oh thank you both!!! This is GREAT news, I was so worried I was a rotten MG Mommy!! LOL

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Oh Celeste you are a good Mommy all around!!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Awe Thanks Ronnie! Nice to see you...been busy?

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Yes, my grandgirls take up a lot of my time!! 3 day a week babysitter and school taker!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Ahh yes, those little ones tend to snatch up time, zap your energy and then leave you totally wiped out but smiling. ^_^

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Yes definitely smiling!

I'm glad my baby granddaughter isn't walking yet! Whew! My class students keep me on my toes all day long! They are a busy group of children! ;-)

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

I have mine 3 days a week from 7:30 to 6:30 2 girls 3 and 5. I can't complain, it's better than daycare it saves the kids some money and I'm just around the corner. I wouldn't have been able to take it on if I was still working. It's kind of funny I'm doing class trips again...LOL

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

This is the youngest of 5 grandaughters, and they ALL walk/run! LOL
In March I will finally get my GRANDSON! ^_^

Thumbnail by pixie62560

She's adorable!

Six grandkids? WOW!!! I just got my first on in May! She's adorable, too! :-)

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Yes 6, but I have 5 children and only 2 have given me Grandchildren, think im in for a few more. ^_^
BTW, I meant to ask if the picture posted at the opening of this thread looks like 'Sunsmile Pink' to you? I've been trying to I.D. it for awhile and thats the closest i've found.

Looks like you may have a large legacy of grandchildren in time! That's wonderful!

Your bloom does look like Sunsmile Pink : http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/152079/ Though it almost looks like it has faint white spokes on the petals as well.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Looks like it could be Mt. Fuji also
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/45278/

Ronnie, I was thinking it could be a Fuji cross, too!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Fuji sounds familiar.... I think I had a packet of them from Onalee.
Do they have variegated leaves? If you look at the picture, you can see some of the leaves. I had a ton of them with leaves like that...so very pretty!!

This message was edited Nov 18, 2010 7:05 AM

Jacksonville, TX(Zone 8a)

pixie62560

Yes,
A very pretty Fuji no Momo
and they do have Variegated Leaves

Thumbnail by EmmaGrace
(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

I think it is lovely, and the Grand baby is too!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.