10. meag848 ^_^
11. Hillbillie_Gran ^_^
12. TurtleChi ^_^
13. plantladylin ^_^
14. Debsroots ^_^

PRIZES:
3 - $10.00 cash or vendor certificates
1 - $15.00 cash or vendor certificate

Biggest Loser prize: Enough supplies to start a few dozen of any size AV or G leaves!

RULES:
I will post 2 random choices from the plant list (http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=8189444) daily on this thread. Posts may be made at any time . . . I will also occasionally post a “bonus” pick.

The first person to cross off ALL the plants they have chosen should post “BINGO” in this thread. If more than 1 person posts bingo, the one with the earliest posted time will be the first winner. Once lbrabec verifies the bingo, the winner will choose a number (1-4) and will then receive the corresponding prize directly from the donor.

As we have 4 donated prizes, there will be 4 “Bingo” winners and 1 “biggest loser”. The biggest loser will be the person who has the most names left on their card after the first 4 bingo's have been called. In the event of a tie, one of my adorable kids will draw a winner from the remaining cards.

Ok . . . LET’S PLAY BINGO!!!!!!

This message was edited Nov 8, 2010 7:54 PM

This message was edited Nov 8, 2010 8:32 PM

This message was edited Nov 14, 2010 5:32 PM

Thumbnail by Syrumani
(Zone 1)

Woo Hoo ... Let the games begin!

(Lynn) Omaha, NE(Zone 5a)

Meag848 was confirmed.She needs a smiley face.

Lynn

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

That makes everyone present and accounted for, yes?!?

WooHoo!!!

The first official calls of this Bingo game:

52. AV – Bon-bon
6. Nematanthus – Hawaiian Jade

(Zone 1)

Yay ... great start, I have them both listed on my card!

edited to say: I googled for a picture of AV Bon Bon but couldn't find anything.

I LOVE the looks of Nematanthus Hawaiian Jade: http://www.gesneriads.ca/nemata45.htm

This message was edited Nov 8, 2010 10:42 PM

Akron, OH(Zone 5a)

Congrats Lin on a great start! did you put a hat on? lol

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

Bon-bon (843) 12/17/1956 (F. Richter) Double pink. Girl foliage. Semiminiature

see if this works: http://www.avsa.org/Photographs/Bon-bonLrg.jpg#http://../Photographs/Bon-bonLrg.jpg#

It just kills me now that I used to have this one in the beginning, and don't have it anymore!

Silsbee, TX(Zone 9a)

Ok, I've got one of two stratgies...but I'm not sure which I want to go with...either go for biggest loser (probably my best bet, LOL!!!) or go get me some kinda Bingo hat that is adorned with lots of luck and wear it each and every time I come to this thread. So far I'm on a roll for the biggest loser, but I'm used to it and happy with it....and LOVE the idea of it ;-)

Thanks for the fun!!

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

(bingo hat . . . bingo hat . . . bingo hat . . . b)

Montgomery, AL

Yeah! I have bon bon on the list and I just got a leaf off ebay recently. Maybe I'll have some next year to share in a round robin and you can pick it up again Syrumani.

Longboat Key, FL(Zone 9b)

I have bon bon on my list Love the plant HD

(Zone 1)

It sure is a pretty little AV!

I can't believe that you actually have both on your list - what a great start.
I am lucky. I'll win this game - no hat - Did win a chevy once at a hospital fair. Beautiful Impala - the car also saved three lives, because of the size. Very lucky.

(Zone 1)

Wow, Helene ... you won a CAR?? Now, that is Lucky! I won $76 in the lotto once ... hoping some day it will be a bigger jackpot. ^_^

Way back ,I think 1972 or 03. We were as poor as a church mouse, I did have a car though. DH took DD and friend ski-ing hit ice in vermont and had a 10 car pileup behind him. Friends of ours went in their impala (lrg at that time) were right behind him and brought the three home unharmed. The car stayed in Vermont, totalled. - Lucky twice.

It's time I win something againI think. No bingo Hat.

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

Bonus call:
17. Chirita – Tamiana

Thumbnail by Syrumani
Jasper, AR(Zone 7a)

Gettin ready to get the hat out.....

You go Tommie!!

Pretty Chirita!!

Lynn

Akron, OH(Zone 5a)

I seem to have a very good chance to get the Biggest Looser prise lol

(Zone 1)

I'm 3 for 3!

Chirita tamiana:

Thumbnail by plantladylin
Northeast, MO(Zone 5b)

See, Linn. Lynn posting your old pic of you and your BINGO hat gave you instant good luck! LOL You are on a roll WTG!!

That pic is gorgeous with your pool as the background :)

Connie

Montgomery, AL

2 for 3.
Going to see if seed comes from cross of tamiana with nimbus.

Thumbnail by jamiew
(Zone 1)

Thanks Connie! I have such low light inside the house, photo's are too dark so I usually take plants outside and take pic's of them with the pool water in the background. LOL, re: the bingo hat ... I've played before and it goes in spurts, get a few ... go a long time before getting anymore, but it's always so much fun to play!

Love that picture Jamie!! ^_^

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

Today's Bingo Calls:

37. Streptocarpus – Dark Shadow
3. Hoya – serpens
53. AV – Crimson Ice

Crimson Ice (9920) 03/22/2008 (Lyndon Lyon Greenhouses/P. Sorano) Single white sticktite pansy/crimson red patches. Dark green, ovate. Standard
http://www.avsa.org/Photographs/CrimsonIceLrg.jpg#http://../Photographs/CrimsonIceLrg.jpg#

Akron, OH(Zone 5a)

Nice calls, I got all 3 of them! I knew I could count on hoyas, they like me lol. Crimson Ice looks very pretty, thanks for the pic

Jasper, AR(Zone 7a)

1 outta 6 I am on a roll!

Land of OZ, CT(Zone 6a)

Hee-hee---same here Gran!

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

hats . . . must . . . have . . . Bingo . . . hat . . . pix . . .

Jasper, AR(Zone 7a)

soon... your patience will be rewarded;)

Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

Hi All,
I am sorry to say I am not going to be able to stay to play bingo. My frame of mind is not to good at this time and I will not be on puter that much. My son Matt leaves for hell tomorrow.
My time is up almost on Daves also and I may come back later but not right now.
Hugs to All,
Susan

Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

You will be in my prayers tonight Sue.
Hugs,
Shanika

Northeast, MO(Zone 5b)

Oh, Sista Susan...

My heart aches for you. You have to stay strong and keep a positive spirit for Matt. I am not playing so would you like for me to watch your card for you? Just think, you might receive a Bingo surprise in the mail right when you need it the most:))))) I would be honored to do that for you!

Love and Hugs to you,

Sista Connie

Jasper, AR(Zone 7a)

So sorry to hear that Susan. You and your son will be in my prayers also.

Andalusia, AL(Zone 8b)

Aww susan,you and your son is in my prayers.Stay strong.

Jan

Susan dear,
You know you are always in my thoughts and prayers as are your loved ones.
If you would like Sister Connie to watch your list in case you change your mind,I will forward it to her.
Let us know!!

Love and Hugs,
Lynn

(Zone 1)

Susan:

I'm so sorry to hear that your son is having to leave again. Is he being deployed to Afghanistan this time? Please give him our best wishes for a safe deployment to wherever he is headed.

I was not blessed with children but I know it's only natural for a mother to be concerned and worried about the safety of her children, young or old ... whether they are in their own backyard, a block away at a friends house, away at school, and most especially when they are thousands of miles away ... a mother worries.

Playing Bingo might be a little diversion for you, but if you aren't emotionally up to it right now, we will all understand. Just remember that we are here if you ever feel the need for "company", just to chat, or need your spirits lifted a little bit.

I will keep Matt in my prayers, as well as you and your entire family.

Thumbnail by plantladylin

What a gorgeous picture Lin!! You should enter it into the photo contest.

(Zone 1)

Thanks Lynn,

The photo contest has closed and voting is now taking place. I did enter a few pictures but don't know why I didn't think of enter the one of the Gulf Fritillary B'fly! I did enter one with a butterfly but it was a Swallowtail B'fly.

... I just finished voting, took me two days to get through all the categories and photo's!

What happened to the results of the last one ?? I think the theme was county fair and I picked all my favorites,but can't find the results.

Lynn

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.