ORVG Coffee House #183 Welcome Turkeys!

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Oh Bonnie, so sorry you're feeling so bad. (((Bonnie)))

Bonnie sending lots of healing T&P to you.
sure hope you feel better soon.
R&R are hear and i m goofing around on comp LOL actually i m working on the comp finding things and .....
Think Japanese Maple ! LMK :)

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Bonnie,

I'm very sorry to hear that you are in pain. Please let me know if you get it taken care of or if you are laid up. :(

Waddy, KY

Yes Sue, I wouldn't mind giving it a try. If Ric could scan it that'd be great too. Either way.

Bonnie, hate to hear things are acting up. Pinched nerves certainly wear you down.

Joyce, I'll be praying that things turn out. Anytime someone is faced with the possiblities it's a scary thing.

Wanted to get up to the house to pick up some scrap wood and haul it off but when I got home the youngest had all the chain saws, fencing material and feed loaded in the pick up. Seems the neighbor up at the hill farm called and said we had about 10 head out on him. Probably eating at his deer feeders.... The cow patrol rolled out and I've gone back to canning. If I get done with the tomatoes I can take a breather before I start salsa. Paul's surgery is on Monday so I guess I'll try to work on pricelists and some other stuff while staying with him.

Better go get some supper started....

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Joyce, I hate hearing the news about your Mom. Being faced with the big C word is probably about as much of a nightmare as anything could be. I hope that whatever treatment she decides on is successful and also that she doesn't suffer much. If she chooses not to take any type of treatments, I hope for the same. I know it is a very rough time for all of you.

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Gosh....let me go MIA for a couple of days...and all sorts of things happen!
Joyce...so sorry to hear the diagnosis for your mom. Praying they will get on top of things right away!
Bonnie..however did you pinch a nerve..and where?
Yeah..I know..it's very easy to do. Hope you get some relief very soon!
Sue..I too...would love the cake recipe. So if Ric scans it..that would be great!
Michele...did hubby change both of those headlights at the same time? Dave says he should..or the other one will go?
Not too much going on here. We went to the flea market this morning...and also a Christmas craft show that we go to each year.
Didn't buy anything but some homemade cinnamon rolls...lol. Just what we needed!
Hi to everyone!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Marcy, I believe he only fixed one but we are operating on very limited funds. Almost 3 weeks until he gets a paycheck. Good news is, December is a 3 check month! I still have to give the dealer $125 out of the first check then the normal $200 payment on the 20th (second check). I need to put some money back too. :) I will ask about the other light though. Thanks Mom. Thank Dad too. LOL

Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

Well, it has been a whirlwind day. DGD and I decided this morning to do some errands, so off we went. I was feeling pretty good, after only having about 3 hours sleep last night. We had to go to Walmart, went to Hardees for lunch, then she wanted her nails done, so we did that, and then I started hurting big time, so turned the car in at the Urgent treatment center. They Did xrays, on my neck and back, and think that it is arthritis that is causing the vertebrae to start to break and disentigrate with any kind of stress. Gave me pain pills, muscle relaxers, and steroids to reduce the inflamation. Told me to see my regular Dr. as soon as I can get in. It is causing great pain, and numbness in both arms, clear down to my finger tips.

Marcy, it is in my neck. As far as I know I didn't do anything to cause this.

Chele, I read your good news on your thread. A car is great, and just as long as it holds up to do what needs you need it to. I am certain that things are going to be looking up for you all, and it has already started.

Sue, I found a recipe for chocolate cheesecake brownies, and DGD and I made them tonight. Oh, my, they are so good, but rich.
Since I quit smoking, I guess that I can taste foods, and they are tasting so much better. Yeah, that is how all that is finding it's way to my hips too!!

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Lovely day up working on the GH.
Shirtsleeve weather.
Hit a very brief shower on the way home.
Then there were puddles everywhere here.
Must have just missed driving thru it.

Well we'll definitely be hanging 'Glass' next weekend.
Framed out the two hardest walls today.
Hung the window (ventilation) and framed out for the door.
This week Sue and her FIL Al stained the stuff we already had up.
Looks KILLER!
Finalized a few construction details so we'll probably finish Thanksgiving weekend.

Bonnie Hope your Doctor can get you some relief.
Mom had problems for 30 years. Tough Tough thing to live through.
I know many times you just push on through the pain.
"""gentle hug"""

Thumbnail by henryr10

Ric, looking good. If you are finishing Thanksgiving weekend, is Thanksgiving dinner in the deal? DH and I have decided that we are going out for Thanksgiving dinner. Seems that no matter how hard I try to get everybody together, something always happens, and this one wants to change it from lunch to supper time, or from supper time to lunch time. So this year, I said, I am not cooking, and that will let everybody go where they want and at what time they want. Maybe next year they will be more inclined to do it at the time I want. I always thought if you invited guests you set the date and time. Sheesh, guess I have been doing it wrong a lot of years.

Ric, my mom had arthritis in her spine, and in her later years, was in so much pain. I think now there are some treatments which will cement the discs together, and can help with the pain. I am not going to cross bridges before I get to them, will just take it one step at a time.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Thanks Bonnie!
We're thinking of going up the Friday after Thanksgiving.
It's a full day for us.

Yes that treatment does work.
At least the two people I know who have had it done had fairly good results.
They both still have problems but far less pain.

We have Th/Fri Thanksgiving off.
Th/Fri Christmas and Fri/Mon New Years.... then my Vacation Time kicks in!
I get two weeks and two sick days.
We get 8 paid Holidays.
Good Friday is a floating Holiday.
Could be then or if the 4th falls on a Tues or Thurs we get a 4 day weekend then.

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Sounds great....looking great.

Bonnie, do you have RA? Bertie's Herb has RA and when it's almost time for his treatment he is suffering. Right now he's got some problems with one of his legs. He scraped it really bad and it got infected. Well, with his diabetes, you all know that this is NOT a good thing. They have been seeing the Dr. for it (2 of them) and he is on big time antibiotics. Keep them in your prayers....

Mom and Dad are both in good spirits which I think has a lot to do with healing. We're just waiting to hear from the oncologist now....that's a hard part...sitting and waiting....thanks for all your good thoughts and prayers.

Knollwood Garden Ctr. is having a flower thingy this weekend. So think I'll see if Bertie is busy today and if not, maybe we'll go there.

Sue???? Did you do your trough brushing? I did mine and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my new mushrooms. Can't wait to do more of them. In fact, I did some mushrooms yesterday. Made more stems and a few little ones and two big ones. Wish I wasn't going to have to stop now because of the temperature, but it's just not something I can do inside with no ventilation in the basement. Sigh.....so although I made stems, they won't get caps until Spring!

I'm pretty mad.....I ordered some plexiglass/acrylic from MA and I specifically told the girl that I needed something I could bend into a tube (to make bigger mushroom stems). So she said I'd need "100". So they would be $6.00 for a 12x24 sheet. So I said okay, I'll take 3. When they arrived it was $12.00 for shipping, so okay, 10 each overall if it works, I can live with that....so I pick the sheet up and start to try to bend it and it snaps in two. Grrrrr....I call the company back and talk to a guy and he said...nothing is going to bend like that. Why don't you order a tube? I try to explain that I needed something I could unroll, and was I going to be out the $30, since it really wasn't my fault? She shouldn't have sold the stuff to me knowing it wasn't going to fit my needs. He said he'd look into it and call me back. That was Friday afternoon. Hopefully, he'll call me back on Monday and return my $18.00. I don't suppose that I'll get shipping back, but man oh man, I sure can't afford to just throw $30.00 away! Aughhhh....

Cookie you know you can come over here for thanksgiving on friday :)
anyone else want to do a friday party at my place is ok with me. We can all watch Ric work :)
sorry to hear of the stupid mistake the girl made. that would tic me off too. hope he calls you back and gives you some money back.
Bonnie hooray for quiting smoking ? did i miss that somewhere in a post earlier ? wow ! i m so happy for you and think of all the money you will save ! big job quiting . I sureh ope you can get some pain relief.
we got a bit of rain last night
not much else here

Yes, Sue I have been quit 3 months now. I used the Chantix. I should have quit when I was in the hospital in the spring, because I went 8 days without smoking, and came home and started again. Yes, I am saving a lot of money, so may put that in a vacation fund and have a Hawaiian vacation.

Joyce, hope you will be able to get a refund for that material that you can't use. Wish i was close enough to come to the hypertufa classes. I think that would be neat. I have an idea, make a video and then sell it to all of us DG'ers who would love to learn how. Joyce several years ago I was diagnosed with RA, but since then, I have had another diagnosis of Fibro with arthritis. At any rate, and by whatever name they want to call it, I am in pain a good deal of time. I am dreading the cold weather, as I am usually worse in winter. May have to start looking for a Florida home to escape for a bit during our coldest times.

It has been a busy day, and I am about ready to head to bed.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Old lurker here!
I have not smoked 31,470 packs of cigarettes since I quit smoking August 13, 1982 at 7:30 PM. I saw the other night that they are now $7.00 a pack. That's a lot of cash!
Congrats on quitting, Bonnie!

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

I know I was floored when a man in front of me at the grocery paid $53.00 for a carton....If they are $7.00...wow, that would make it over $70 with tax. Geesh!

Bonnie, I'm proud of you for quitting! YAY! I'm so sorry that you have RA or Fibro...both are very painful..I have plain ole arthritis and I know once the weather changes that the pains in my hands start again (and it did, and they have!) Do you take glucosimine chondoitin? I really think it helps a lot. I have a friend with Fibro and she swears by real cherry juice. Not sure there's anything that really helps though....

I just spent an hour on the phone with Joan Day...she's such a nice lady. She and I agree what a sad time Fall is when the garden is dying bit by bit....she's been shredding leaves like crazy. That's what she uses to mulch with...by the way Sue...she said to tell you Hello.

Mom called and we go to the oncologist at 11:00 on Thursday. Each day it's hard to wait, but at least it wasn't next week....

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

My congrats too, Bonnie!!!! That is wonderful!!! You will feel so much better for it!
Yes Joyce...Dave tells how people come into the store and buy 2 CARTONS a week!!! But they can't afford to buy food! Amazing.
But I know...from experience...it is quite an addiction..at least for some people....and I was one of them! Hardest thing I think I ever did was to quit.
I have fibro too...but not all the time...and that's a good thing! Also have Osteoarthritis...which isn't crippling like the Rheumatoid....but it is miserable. And I take that glucosamine stuff too. Yes...it does help!
Anywayyy...good to see you all...and it's a sunny day here..but cold! Think I shall try and do a couple more windows today.

Here is a picture for you all to read and remember....lol! I thought it was funny!!!

Thumbnail by Marcy_1
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Odd thing is they are $30.00 a carton in KY.
20% cheaper on top shelf booze and wine.....

Well, Ric, I smoked Marlboro, and they were $44.00, so that is good enough fodder to make me stop!!

Thanks everybody, I guess the money I save will go into a fund to buy bigger clothes for me, since I am gaining weight!

Waddy, KY

Been a long day. Just got in from the hospital. Paul's surgery didn't go as we'd hoped and he still has the osteomy bag. They removed the stricture and hopefully if everything heals right they can do another barium test in about six weeks and reverse it then. He sort of expected this but was still disappointed. DD is staying with him tonight and I'm going to bed. Nite all.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Sorry to hear that but at least he's making progress.
Hopefully next time will do it!

Off to work.

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Sorry to hear Janet. Sure hope and pray things improve in the future for him.
Hi everyone. Cold and grey here today. Rain later...and we really really need that! But guess I won't do any windows...lol!
Maybe I will do some baking...that I don't need!!
Ashley is coming over the weekend to help make turkey cookies.
Not sure if Dawson will want to come too. He seems to be getting into 'big boy' activities now..! He will soon be 7 yrs old! Hard to believe! I don't suppose Ash will be interested in doing things like this much longer either. She has her friends now...and is growing up too. Makes me sad! Ahhh well....such is life I guess.
Well...I better get ready to get some lunch here...so DH can go to work! Have a great day all!

The strangest thing, there is wet stuff falling from the sky DH told me it is rain. Sorry, it has been so long since I have seen any, it is sort of a novelty.

Janet, sorry about the surgery. I am sure that you are both disappointed. Hope it won't be long before the other surgery can be done, and everything will be back to normal, or what passes as normal.

Janet i m sorry to hear of the surgery. Please know you and your Dh are in my T&P.
yep we got lots of rain here too.
Lucy and i are pretty bored
holy cow its almost 3
got to run

Bloomingdale, OH(Zone 6a)

Hi ORVers!

You have been invaded.

Anyone near the Steubenville side of the state?

Nice storm last night. I gave up trying to count the shingles as I picked them up this morning. I have half a black garbage bag full of bits and pieces. Guess a new roof just moved a bit hight or the priority list. sigh

mg

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

I can't believe they let you into Ohio....

Janet, I'm sorry to hear about Paul. Sending prayers for everything to heal and work correctly!

Bonnie, you are better off to be a bit chunky than being dependent on those nasty butts. I'm proud of you!

They begged me to come.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Oh, highly unlikely. LOL

good morning and welcome mornin_gayle glad your hear. ! sorry to hear about your roof ? we got more rain than wind.
off and running to a supplier today.

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Welcome Morning_Gayle! Any friend of Chele's is a friend of ours!!
I'm not really sure where Steubenville is? Is it near St. Clairsville?
I'm thinkin' it is. I have a g/f that lives there. And isn't that where Dean Martin was from? Questions questions...lol.
Good morning everyone!! We GOT RAIN!!! We had an inch and 2/10 in the rain gauge this morning! We sure did need it. I just hope it's not...too little..too late!
I'm late moving this morning. Got to hit the shower..bbl!

North of St Clairsville, yes on the Dean Martin! Weirton, WV is across the river. I'm an hourish from Pittsburgh, less than 2 hours from Columbus.

There is an IKEA in Robinson Town Center, which is between me and Pittsburgh in PA. FINALLY an IKEA I don't have to drive 4 hours to get to!! Now I just need the $$$ to spend in it!

I'm a returning member. And a bit of a troublemaker... Hey 'Chele, they still have chat? I was the Chat UBER here LMAO

mg

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

We still have chat but it's at odd hours.

Yes, I smell T-R-O-U-B-L-E!!!

Waddy, KY

Still sitting in the hospital with DH. He's in a good deal of pain. We did manage to get him up and walk a few times so far. They just gave him some phenergan and between that and the morphiene he's higher than a kite. Wanted to get out of bed and walk and I said no way not until he could talk straight.

We had a little rain yesterday. Maybe a half an inch. It all soaked in. Blew to beat the band last night. I'll tell Kate to ride the fences tonight to make sure there's no limbs or trees on the fences. I don't want to run cows at all hours of the night.

Welcome Gayle. We'll enjoy your two cents worth!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

She'll have more than 2 cents worth.
I should talk to Mel & see if they can't put chat back on at evening hours.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Better to get him up and moving when he's doped up for the pain I guess....
Course he won't remember if he walked or not...... lol!

Welcome mg!
I seem to remember someone here on DG from Cadiz.
Been a while though.

Maybe a 1/2" of rain here yesterday.
Didn't get much of the wind down here.
Tough driving this morning till I hit the HWY.
Lots of wet leaves, oil on the road and gravel washout.
Bit slippery.

Ric

well i got these great huge plants
Thuja Emeral
some Burning Bush
and some taxus
well didn't think it through ...... like i always manage.... LOL " well its another fine mess you've gotten me into Stanely "
so i have these huge plants and i have no way to unload them..... Ric you can stop laughing !!!! ........ the root balls are massive and burlaped. like 5 gal size.
*sigh*
but other than that it was a good day at the nursery hanging out with Nicole and watching the hunky guys load and unload trucks LOL
aawww eye candy.... its a good thing . :)

Waddy, KY

Sue, don't you have a skid loader and pallet forks? If you have the loader but no forks you need to definately put those on your list. Especially if you're going to be moving inventory around.

Was raining this morning when I got up. I honestly thought about staying in bed a little later this morning but I'd gotten some blackberries out to make into jam before I left the house and was afraid if I didn't something would come up and it woudn't get done. I've got a hankering for some blackberry bread pudding. I think I might mix up a batch and bake it while the apple breads are baking tonight.

Not much going on. I think I'll work on the check book while sitting here today. I left my flash drive at home so I can't enter market expenses to the excel sheet. I sure hope I put it on the table at home cause otherwise I'm in deep doo.

Y'all have a good day.

Ky blackberry bread pudding ??? oh that is a must have for sure. !
got the Burning bush in the ground. whew
no we have a bucket on our tractor. so that helped a lot. sure wish i had the hunky guys to watch today.
made some pot roast soup , not as good as Cookies ? but i m working on it. :)
austin still home sick today, cancelled dr apt , i got a flat tire and had to run and get it fixed.
need new tires next week if i want any traction. have 60,000 miles on them .
soooo other than that
i have two more working days of cider making . hmmmm monday is my last day .

Waddy, KY

Pretty simple Sue. Granny always made it and fortunately I got her to write it down for me well over 30 years ago. I was so glad I did cause I loved that stuff. Got it taped in my cook book. She used raisins if she didn't have any other fruit. I've made it with blackberries, strawberries, peaches. It'd probably be just as good with apples, blueberries, you get the idea.

Wish our apple man at the market hadn't sold out so early this year. His cider, especially if it was made out of golden delicious apples was absolutely heaven. I should have bought some and froze it but I didn't realize he'd sell out so early this year. I won't make that mistake next year. As it is I still have a half bushel of golden delicious and a bushel of winesaps in the cooler. I need to make a little apple pie jam before they get away from me.

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

What would it take to reveal this old family recipe to some friends???? I think we may all need that recipe badly. LOL A Hungry Lurker Lou

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.