Replaced soaker hoses with low-flow mini sprayers

Lynnwood, WA(Zone 7a)

My garden irrigation started with drip hoses, years ago. Over time I found them to be unreliable and have replaced them with mini sprinklers. The water sprays or streams only a few inches off the ground and close to plant roots. Sometimes I put the sprayers directly into the half inch hose and sometimes connect them with quarter inch hose. The thing I like so much better about this method is that I can see what's going on. It's obvious when there is too little or too much water. This system is especially adaptable to pots and hanging baskets. Timers connected to the faucet control water usage. I have continued to find a use for quarter inch drip hose at times but only short segments of 2 feet or less. I use it in conjunction with the low flow sprayers

This thread has 22 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!