Insecticide

Landisburg, PA(Zone 6a)

do any of you use an systemic insecticide in your house plants?? and if so what?

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I don't, just use soapy water

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

I have used some, Bayer brand item, I found two small bottles at a buyout kind of store, DJ Liquidators. It seemed to help. THis summer I've been using Rose and FLower Care from Bayer,, a food and systemic combo granule, on potted plants . It has not been enough to knock out that dang spider mites on brugs. Maybe I have not used enough at once to adequately treat that whole leafy plant at once, and the mites can just retreat to the tip ends and then come back.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I've used a granular systemic, think it was from Bayer, and it's one of the few things that really seems to be effective against scale as well as the spider mites that Sally mentioned.

However, "systemic" also means that the insecticide remains present in the leaves etc. for some time... and I have both a cat and a toddler who will occasionally try to munch on a plant... so I hardly ever use it now.

Landisburg, PA(Zone 6a)

Then the Bayer can be used on potted indoor plants??
All I have seen is the Bayer for Roses, etc..Is this what you
used?? I have scale on my spider plant and several indoor fern...
Would this be good for them???

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I'm not sure about ferns, as I think they can be touchy.. maybe try it first on yoru least favorite... but yes on the spider plant. it's different from the roses one, will have to see if I can find my canister.

Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10b)

I soaked the pots in Bayer systemic insecticide before bringing them in.

Bowie, MD(Zone 7a)

I use the Bayer on on my tropical plants that can tolerate it. Some plants can't, like fushias and hibiscus. I overwinter my plants in a back room, which is kept cold. I have never used it on houseplants that are kept outside of that back room because you can smell the insecticide when you water the plant. Bonide makes a systemic that is for houseplants.

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Bayer for Roses may not be 'labeled' for indoors. But for those with no particular chemical sensitivity, and not using a ton of it,, well, I haven't smelled it or feel I am undoing all my other chemical free life choices.
Course if Bonide is labeled for inside that would be the preferable one. THe For Roses with fertilizer may not be a good choice over winter due to the excess fert.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.