October Weather Frost watch

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Here in the Annapolis,MD area we haven't had a frost or warning yet. Maybe Thurs/Fri

I'm hoping to dry out my tropicals a bit more before bringing them in and some recommend leaving them out until a freeze. What have you already brought in? Have you had a frost yet? When?

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

We must have had a slight frost the other night. The Coleus I had out is not happy with me and may not survive.

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Yes, coleus are like the 'canary in the coal mine'. Mine drop their leaves in the 40s especially the lighter colored and the seed grown varieties. Will you take cuttings to over winter?

My impatiens tell me when there has been a 'real' frost!

I have taken cuttings so I am good there. The leaves were brown/black and I had frost marks on my winter squash. I was a bit surprised to say the least.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

No frost here yet. My coleus is still going strong...hopefully will get to take cuttings this week.

Talked to the weather guy for the area and we did have isolated frost on Oct. 23rd. I guess it was isolated right over my house!

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

lol MG, I don't know which is more special, frost over your house or a weather person you can talk to to confirm it! Is this weather person connected with local news, or?

LOL...Fredericksburg has a blog written by a local "weather professional".

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.