Halloween in the Mid Atlantic show us your pics

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Or, if you don't have pics tell us a favorite Halloween story. Trick or treat!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Went to our local farmers market went pumpkin picking, did a hay ride and corn maze.

Thumbnail by flowAjen
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Painted pumpkins
Here's my daughter's Monet impression

Thumbnail by flowAjen
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

snake

Thumbnail by flowAjen
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

My son's

Thumbnail by flowAjen
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Sil's

Thumbnail by flowAjen
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Hubby's self portrait

Thumbnail by flowAjen
Odenton, MD(Zone 7b)

Hubby looks like a cool guy and I love the snake, very original.

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

You guys get an A for family fun and creativity! I would never get my DH to paint a pumpkin to save his life or even save one of his kids.

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

Great pumpkins.
When I had a storm door where the upper screen was removable it was great for handing out candy without opening the door and letting the dogs out. You should have seen the look on the kids faces when my hand seemed to just come through the glass. Priceless!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Hey Chris!!!!! Great to "see" you.
We used to do the same thing with our screen. (So the dog wouldn't get out)

Falls Church, VA(Zone 7b)

We used to carve pumpkins using borrowed templates from the PumpkinMaster website. Not this year, though. I won't forget the Headless Horseman picture we had on one a few years back.

LOL!! "Hubby's self-portrait" pumpkin!! Great pumpkin art, FlowerAJen. You all have talent.

We went to a corn maze in early October, but it was at night. Crazy with flashlights!! It was on a farm in Leesburg.

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

Here are my neighbor kids, all ready to go trick-ir-treating. Best I can do.

Thumbnail by Buttoneer
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Just got back from our friends house, their neighbor puts on this big "show" for halloween
He's a mortician so he uses the real coffins and then tonight had zombies (real people) walking around his yard with shovels pointing the kids to where the candy was...in the back by the one coffin after being scared by the guy jumping out of the first coffin, so if you make it to the back yard you win your candy...LOL too funny hearing all those kids screaming their heads off.

What a hoot!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Ya, fun to watch!!! It was like a free haunted house/horror show all rolled into one.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Jen, What a real fit.
Ric said that we only had one child at our house. We did have a great time at Josh's house last night. His area has Trick or Treat on Oct 31st. Jamie & Deb came with JR some friends and neighbors stopped at the house and a couple of hundred kids came by for treats. Good time had by all. I never did get all our decorations out but I did get out a few things.

I didn't do one stinkin decoration. Except decorated my one kid.
We had our usual dozen kids, our house is on a dark stretch and not many bother coming along after cruising the more efficient parts of the neighborhood.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

My friend who still lives in our old neighborhood had 220 kids!

DD's friend lives in a much more active community, too. The parents make a pot of chili, put the metal firepit on the driveway, and camp out. Adults can have chili if they want. Yum.
The neighbor I chatted with last night says she's heard where adults are taking the spirit a few steps farther, and having neighbor hood drinking/ cruising on foot with their cups of something alcoholic....I think that would be better left for New Years.

Mount Bethel, PA(Zone 6a)

Started out early with James. It was dark by the time that we visited the really spooky houses. In my DD neighborhood there is one occupied by some PENN pre med students. They go all out with smoke pots and creepy music all set up in a "cemetery" with monsters roaming around in it.

We had a good time, collected lots of candy "most of which was taken away from us" and slept really well that night.

Thumbnail by ROSES_R_RED

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.