Show us your Fall Colors

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Ric and I were up North last week. Josh was visiting a friend up there and asked if we would want to come pick him up. He wanted to stay a few days longer than the guys he rode up with.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

We turned it into a nice day trip taking my parents along for some Fall leaf viewing.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

This area is just out side of LockHaven, Pa. up in Doc's neighborhood loosely speaking.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

This would be the West branch of the Susquehanna.
Please feel free to post some of your own fall color.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Hillsborough, NC(Zone 7b)

I just have a few on the ground and not much at all in the woods surrounding. I have seen a few stretches of color (short stretches). I am not sure if we are going to have outstanding color - some of the trees and shrubs are parched looking and may head to brown real fast.

Thumbnail by missingrosie

a few leaves on the pond net. the leaves may not stick around more than a few seasons on the trees .....but at the bottom of the pond --the oak leaves will be there forever if I didn't net.

Thumbnail by missingrosie

Behind the fish...... that brown thing is (was) my new black dragon... I watered it..I talked to it.... I told it to hang on.. but alas, it failed. The colorful stuff on the ground behind the fence to the left...... that was a dogwood that died and that I turned into a bottle tree a few years ago - it fell over this weekend. Chin up....march on...I have said this to myself all summer....The deer actually ate the lantana....the lantana!!! Ah, its only money, blood, guts, sweat, energy, sanctuary, hope, dreams .......

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

There are some pops of color here and there around me, took a drive around on Sunday, tried to get some pics while hubby was driving, of course, he wasn't cooperating and driving slow enough, so some shots came out too blurry

Thumbnail by flowAjen
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Pop of yellow

Thumbnail by flowAjen
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

You can see not everything has turned yet here, still lots of green

Thumbnail by flowAjen
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

This one came out blurry but I thought it was kind of a cool shot of one of the many tree farms in the area

Thumbnail by flowAjen
Hanover Twp., PA(Zone 6a)

Some local fall color at our small county lake.

Thumbnail by mgarr

Fall color along route 118 towards Hughesville

Thumbnail by mgarr

Fall color at Morris Arboretum.

Thumbnail by mgarr

Fall color at Bernheim Forest, Kentucky.

Thumbnail by mgarr
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Gorgeous pics, did you enter any in the photo contest? If not save them for next year.

Wow look at that sky.

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Great pics, you all. I didn't seem to be out at the right time or place for any reallly nice scenery. This is a leaf from my yard, during the scant time between changing nad falling , frost having not come until the last night or two. Bottlebrush Buckeye.

Thumbnail by sallyg

That is great color sallyg. I can never find good clean color on Buckeye foliage.

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Do you have one? Most of the leaves are sort of rusty on the edges or with spots. I don't remember how last year was. Mine is in a lot of high shade. From a few feet you don't notice too much spots.

Thumbnail by sallyg

I've planted another one. The animals keep digging up the seeds. I love this tree.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.