Thumbnail by dany12
szarvas, Hungary

Or Onyx Earring Angels.

Thumbnail by dany12
szarvas, Hungary

Or Lime Angel Wings.

Thumbnail by dany12
Pretoria, South Africa

Dany.... you know the MG addiction is incurable, and now you start another! Did you start them from seed? My son has been bugging me for some "shamrock" seeds for ages, and I would so love to grow these for him.

Elsa

szarvas, Hungary

Not from seed, too bad!
They are sold in Japan in small pots of 9 cm.at the price of 550 yen or 1.19 ZAR (Rand) or 6.50 USD.
11 cultivars available.

Thumbnail by dany12
Pretoria, South Africa

Oh my word... how I would love to grow them. Pity they won't get into the country...

McMinnville, TN

Dany, your photos are all so beautiful and I never knew these new ones existed as I am new to learning about morning glories. I love the green and white ones, too bad we can't get them here in McMinnville, TN (The Nursery Capital of the World) also know as The Cancer Capital of the World.
Keep them beautiful photos coming and bringing smiles to all of us.

Demetria

(Becky) in Sebastian, FL(Zone 10a)

Oxalis (Garden Shamrocks) are easy to grow in tropical climates and are often considered a weed, but a weed that would be beautiful in just about any garden as the flowers are quite attractive. The variegated leaf varieties are something new here and very desirable. These are grown from bulbs and this is just one place I found them on the internet:

http://www.easytogrowbulbs.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=13&gclid=CPiqyKKps6QCFcTt7QodtFU-zQ

There are many cultivars of this plant:

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/adv_search.php?searcher[common]=Shamrock&searcher[family]=&searcher[genus]=&searcher[species]=&searcher[cultivar]=&searcher[hybridizer]=&searcher[grex]=&search_prefs[blank_cultivar]=&search_prefs[sort_by]=rating&images_prefs=both&Search=Search

szarvas, Hungary

It's not Oxalis but clover (Trifolium).
Lemon Angel Wings is here that looks like the wild variety found in the garden.

Thumbnail by dany12
Mesilla Park, NM

Dany,
I didn't want to look at this thread because if I get one more addiction, I may get kicked out of the house..lol Clover is also used here to fill in the bald spaces in the grass/lawns. I like them. They are gorgeous though.

Becky, I love oxalis, they are great in urns as filler plants, especially when there is nothing else blooming, these little guys appear and make your day! I made a big mistake and planted mine in the ground here and don't know where they went, I think a mouse ate them and I had a lot of trouble getting some in trade. Darn.. but the ones in the urn's are doing fine. If you find any in your grass, send them on down to me..

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

The Trifolium is Queen Elizabeth's favorite plant. They are pretty
esp the new variegated ones but I prefer Oxalis. I never met an
Oxalis I didn't like. :-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.