WooHoo!!! I just purchased a started greenhouse from ebay!!!

(Tracey) Mobile, AL(Zone 8b)

It is 12'x7'x7' ... I'm pretty excited!!!! No... actually I'm ecstatic!!!

Now I have to read and find tips on what to do with it when I get it set up.If anyone would like to toss some general, off the top of your head, tips at me, I would be appreciative.

That is NOT me in the pic. Disclosure: this is the pic I pulled off of ebay!

edited.. to say.. STARTER greenhouse.. not started. : )

This message was edited Sep 28, 2010 1:17 PM

Thumbnail by daisylovn
St. Louis County, MO(Zone 5a)

congratulations, welcome to the fun!

Nauvoo, AL(Zone 7a)

Congrats Daisy.

What do you want to grow?

Thanks Cathy and Cricket..

Mostly wanted it to overwinter my tropicals.. I am also interested in growing from seed as well.

Nauvoo, AL(Zone 7a)

yeh, I saw your wanted list and have list. Mostly tropicals.

You shouldnt have to heat for very long-- that will be nice.

I have always had elephant ears------ever since I could remember. Ears were 3 and half feet long and stems taller than me last year. (over 6ft) The big bad early cold deep freeze we got back in Jan killed them-----to mush----after all these years.
I was soooooooooooooo disappointed. heartbroken.
They were just regular Giant Elephant Ears.
By the time I realized mine were not coming up this year----the local stores had sold out of bulbs.
If I ever get my hands on some more----I will mulch every winter.

I use to have tropicals in a hobby house. Bird of Paradise, Banana Trees, Oranges, Grapefruits, phildendrons, angel wing begonias , hoyas, queen of the night, ficus, Corn, the list goes on and on.,,,,,,,,,,,,,, One day I just decided to get rid of it all and
start a veggie plant sales business........... That was 11 years ago. Now, I do not have the first house plant or tropical.
It is allllllllllllllllllll out doors for me or nothing.

Cricket, I really need to update that have/want list. :) Really tho, I have so many on my front porch and patio that bringing them all inside turns our home into a jungle... and honestly I have to gather them around windows the best I can, and I don't have alot off really good sunlight access unless I put them in my dining room which has both east and north facing large windows.. This limits my space and abililty to start many things from seed.. Just dont have the enough of the proper conditions... The GH is a necessity !!!

I see you are also in AL. Where is Nauvoo?

I have quite a few EE's myself and quite a few others tropicals.. so its important to mulch alot.

btw, the GH arrived yesterday!!! :D

Nauvoo, AL(Zone 7a)

I bet you are excited and antsy----and i bet you have it up by now. I am late reading post cause I found two new born kittens in the shed and seem to have been abandoned---and also somewhat pre-mature. I been taking care of them but one died.

Nauvoo is one hour slightly NorthWest of Birmingham up 78 highway near and above Jasper

Waterman, IL(Zone 5a)

Congratulations! You'll love it.

Yes!! But still waiting for my hubby to get home from Alaska to help me put it up.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.