The end of the road...

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

I guess before the rumors start, I may as well check in.

Our address and phone number may only be good for another 2-3 weeks. For now, it remains the same. After that, DG member Kimberley aka Gardenwife has my contact information if anyone needs it.

We are in the process of packing and selling anything we do not need. I do not have a forwarding address at this time.

I am posting here because it is the one place that most people look for me or updates on my family.

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Chele, I almost missed this, as I don't normally look at the entire forum.

Will be praying for you and your family. Hopeful that something turns up soon in the employment area.

Anyway to do a daylily sale on the mother robin? Might make you a few hundred dollars...

Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

Michelle, I am so sorry to hear this. I am praying that something will turn up, and that a job becomes available, so that you might at least have a roof over your heads.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Thanks ladies!

Craig is working 2 part time jobs and has been. The bank is just the DEVIL. They'd rather lose money than keep people that can pay in their homes.

I have someone coming to look at plants next week. I've also asked about having the plants made available to my local daylily and hosta club.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Chele we hope something works out!!
You guys have worked like the Devil to keep things going.

GOOD LUCK!

Ric & Robyn

N.C. Mts., NC(Zone 6b)

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Tomah, WI

Ditto all of the above sentiments. Thoughts & prayers for your entire family.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Somewhere along the line something isn't working as promised. Jobs for everybody & change.
Yes you will get change.
Best of luck & maybe things will change shortly.
Bernie

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

((((Chele, Craig, Girls and Nolan)))) Wish I could help some how....

(Di) Seven Mile, OH(Zone 6b)

Chele, let me know if there is anything I can do to help. I've been thinking about you ever since I read your post and have been praying for you and your family. If there is anything at all, please let me know.

Flemingsburg, KY(Zone 6a)

(((((((((((((((Chele&Family)))))))))))))))))

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Same here Michele. I just now found this.
So wish there was something I could do. My prayers are for you all!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Are you sure you have to move at the time of the auction?
There was a foreclosure with an auction date in the paper here today. Auction is in November & people don't move out until April. You might want to check it out.
Your best friend from MN,
Bernie

I sure hope that is a possibility. I just don't understand the banks. In this economy they are probably not going to get what the farm is worth. It would seem that they would want to work with you to help you keep it, rather than having to take it back and sell at auction. Stupid Economy.

We don't have much, but it is paid for, and no debt on the credit cards. People just can't afford any debt at all. It takes all of the paychecks to keep current on the utilities, and food.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Thanks everyone.

At least I received notice they were planning to sell. Some people don't get that! They just have someone show up on their doorstep and tell them they bought the house and they have x amount of days to vacate. If you want to read some banking/mortgage nightmares, there is a website called www.loansafe.org You can also learn a lot if you are struggling with your own bank.

It's a big long story. Basically we bought the house for $126,000 and now they want us to pay them $148,000. They and the sheriff have the house valued at $81,000. So that is what it goes to auction for but someone could buy it for as little as 2/3 of that amount which is $54,000. Where is the the rationale for that?? The house next door just sold for that. Two years ago it was on the market for $139,000, then foreclosed then sold short sale I guess. The owner abandoned ship when they started on him.

Craig is working TWO part time jobs and we can afford the payment. We have no other bills but the mortgage and utilities. We were/are?? on HAMP and made all of the payments on time and turned in all the paperwork on June 1st as requested and they are still foreclosing. They are trying to tell me that HAMP takes 6-9 months and Fannie Mae says that is a lie and they own my loan. LOL It's supposed to only be 3 months which I have argued with the bank for months.

When unemployment runs out for all those other people, it's going to be really bad.

I have to run as I have company coming soon and I need a shower. I will try to answer everyone's emails later today.

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Badseed - I'm not sure we have met, but I hang out on Coffee and heard about your situation. Unbelievable! Hugs and prayers coming your way. Sure hope you find some way out.

Ann

Schroon Lake, NY(Zone 4a)

Prayers from here too, I sure hope this is just a false alarm or somebody's very dumb mistake!! Hope the kids are doing okay and hanging in there. They sure don't need all this disruption in their studies!

Badseed, I'm sending prayers also. So sorry to hear about this.
Hugs&blessings ... ~Susan

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Thank you for the prayers, hugs and condolences. About all I can muster lately is 'this sucks'. Eloquent, huh?!

I spent close to 5 hours on the phone yesterday on a conference call with Bank Of America and Hope for Homeowners and another call to Fannie Mae. They are saying they have put the foreclosure on hold but none of us believe them. So I have another loooooong conference call again this afternoon. We really think my best option is to find something to rent and get out of here before the axe drops. If it does not come in the form of selling the house, it will come in the form of the most expensive house around here that isn't worth it.

Melissa came to see me and pick up plants she bought a few months ago. On the way, she stopped to look at a rental she found for me and I went to look at last night. I need to call about seeing the inside. It was really wonderful to see Melissa and her son and chat and have a nice diversion from the junk I'm dealing with.

I have someone coming tomorrow to look at plants for mass removal. :(

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Gemini Garden is officially closed. I just sold all the plants.....

Great Michelle, it will be sad giving them up, but just think, when you are newly situated, you will once again have a blank slate.

I hope we can all send more to repopulate your new place. This is a low valley to be in, keep up your faith, and we'll be there to celebrate when you're on the other side!!

I will have plenty to share. Until then prayers for the best possible outcome, and peace for all of you.

Waddy, KY

Yes, there's plenty on this end to share too.

There's nothing more frustrating than to know that someone who holds the reins to something major can work around a problem if they wanted to but refuses. And with the banks etc. taking back so many pieces of property it would seem that they'd want to keep as many people in houses making some sort of payment as possible.

Hope things work out. It could be that there's a better opportunity down the road but this has to happen first. We're going to hope that's how it's to be. Take care.

Maybe not Chele. If you argue that the documents aren't correct, just maybe they would grandfather you in.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

I doubt it Bonnie. Before my conference call on Friday, I got a call from someone in the office of the Vice President. She told me that Fannie Mae agreed to cancel the sale and put the foreclosure on hold, that I did not need to pay in any more money as I'd made the three payments and said they had all my paperwork. She apologized several times and said we'd get this taken care of. She said it had been escalated to the highest office and that an underwriter was being asigned. I told her I was expecting my person from HOPE for homeowners to call. She gave me her direct number and extension and her name.

I called my person from HOPE, told her what had transpired, gave her the number and she got the woman from the office of the Vice President back on the phone and she reiterated everything I said above. She said I had no worries that everything would be fine. Three hours later she called back and said they had to pay $500 on Thursday, $500 on Friday and I'd have to take her word that they canceled the sale. I told her I would not take her word about anything after what they've put me through the last two years. She told me she could understand why there would be no trust on my part but if I didn't give them the $1,000 in the next two days, I'd be taken out of the HAMP program. That is only funny because just the day before, they told me I was no longer on HAMP and that my file was in foreclosure, despite all the notes in my file saying I had satisfied the terms for HAMP and was waiting for a permanent modification.

So, you see, as high as the Vice President's office, they still don't have a clue! Every time I call I get a different answer. The only thing that has changed in the past 2 years, is that now they are finally calling me which is pretty shocking!

I just hope that my putting all of this out there will help someone else. I know I'm not the only one dealing with this.

It sounds like a nightmare

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Thank goodness my ordeal is almost over. I feel for and worry about people that still are dealing with these crazy banks. The banks are not going to go out of their way to do these modifications so long as they are collecting money on defaulted loans. I read somewhere that mortgage companies actually make MORE on defaulted loans than they do on current ones?

Crossville, TN

Chele...I just heard of this!! I am so sorry that you are going through this...I wish I could help. Love and hugs...Jo

This just makes me so angry. How can those people sleep at night?!

Hugs and prayers to you and your precious family.

Deanna

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

They are getting paid to do a job. They have paychecks and houses and beds to go to at the end of the day. Why should they worry about people like us that only fell behind because of job loss? They could have taken care of all this and worked with us two years ago but they chose not to.

The biggest irony in all of it, is everyone says to call your mortgage company immediately if you can't pay and I did. They pretty much tell you that's too bad and to pay or else. Now the government is involved in all of it so it just takes longer and pretty much it's still pay or else. LOL And if you do pay, they still manage to find a way to mess it all up.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Just sold all the chickens...waiting to see about the rabbits. :(

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Election day is November 2. Need I say more!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

It went so well last time. LOL

Chele at least you still have a sense of humor....I'm sorry to see you part with all your animals, and your plants. I hope the kids are handling it okay. You are in my prayers.

I don't believe we're anywhere near the end of the tough times, I believe it's just beginning.

The mess is so much bigger than anyone has let on. Your experience reveals all the flaws in the "system". It seems like the Wizard of Oz, when Toto pulls back the curtain....

I haven't actually heard of anyone having success with any programs other than people who got hired for the census.

I do believe in miracles (not from the government!), and I'm storming heaven for one for you and your family.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

The last 18 chickens just left. Nothing in the back yard now besides 6 empty coops and the water containers. Poor Nolan looks so confused. He loves to go out in the morning, get them food and water and collect eggs. Today he watched us load them into cages and put them in a truck. Then he got their food scoop, looked around and said "Gone". This really sucks.

And I guess I can't spell!

This message was edited Oct 3, 2010 10:13 AM

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

(((Chele))) so sorry....

Bartlesville, OK(Zone 6a)

My heart is breaking for you. It's all so wrong!

Susan
=^..^=

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Ahhh Chele.......neither kids nor adults should have to go through this!
I am so so very sorry.

N.C. Mts., NC(Zone 6b)

((((( hugs))))

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.