I have a Vanilla Orchid to Trade for Beraviensis Seeds

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

I have a Vanilla Orchid, Vanilla planifolia and would love to trade it for some Stictocardia Beraviensis seeds. Anyone interested?

X

Thumbnail by Xeramtheum
(Becky) in Sebastian, FL(Zone 10a)

X - I may have just a couple of seeds to share with you. No need to trade, as plants sent to me don't make it here. Dmail me if you are interested.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

I am rooting some of the Stictocardia Beraviensis , as soon as I see real roots, I can send you a vine. I have yet to see blooms on my two year old plant that is all over the front of the house.

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Thanks .. but the reason I want seeds is because I've learned that rooted cuttings of Stictocardia and some other morning glory rarely flower and if it does flower rarely makes seeds. I have a 4 year old vine from rooted cuttings and it has never bloomed - now I know why. I feel badly about this because I've traded some rooted cuttings of S. campanulata and beraviensis not knowing about this.

I'm trashing all my rooted cuttings of mg's that have never flowered. Can't afford to have something that probably won't perform taking up space in the greenhouse.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

ahhh got ya.. I am wondering if mine was from a rooted cutting , then. Thanks for the heads up. .

Mesilla Park, NM

I don't know if I have any seeds left, I'll check, the seedlings I did have, were left outside and they didn't make it.. don't have the energy anymore for the tender vines.

Becky, let me know if you found yours, if not, I'll check out my seeds.

(Becky) in Sebastian, FL(Zone 10a)

Hi Antoinette! I did find mine and am sending them out to X today! Thanks for offering yours, too, if you still have them.

I have one growing currently and will be keeping it indoors this winter with a grow light. I wonder if it takes two years to bloom from seed or if it might bloom sometimes next year?

Mesilla Park, NM

Great!

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Got yours off this morning .. hey there Gourd!

Mesilla Park, NM

Hey there X.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.