free coleus cuttings

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

I have over 30 named varieties to take cuttings from.. First come first served. This week or early October. Any one interested?

Orrville, OH(Zone 5b)

I'm interested if you're offering these for postage.

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

I would love to get some cuttings from you. This year was my first foray into growing Coleus, and I'm hooked!

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Please Dmail me your address and I'll try to send something out to you the first week of October.

Also, let me know any specifics on kinds you'd like sun? color? trailer?

Thanks,

Judy

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Am I too late?

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Am I too late too?

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

I am a week behind. Family emergency. If you all are still interested, send me a Dmail so I have your name and address to send them out this week and next.

Belmont, WI(Zone 4b)

As much as I like Coleuses, i can't turn down your offer.
You have D-Mail
Thanks
Greg

Blackshear, GA

I would like some... sending dmail

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Appreciate this so much, Judy. :-)

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

I,ve heard from the following people: Maozamom, Jolie, Busy Gardener, C'ville, Dragonman, Fruit of vine, Gemp and Georgia Girl.

Each box will contain the following cuttings
Red Ruffles
Roaring Fire
Henna
Royal Glissade
Defiance
Merlin's Magic
Garnet Robe (2 cuttings a trailer)
Each of the above cuttings should yield two plants

Rest of box will hold assortment according to any stated preferences as to color, etc.

Postage will be $10.70 Priority Mail Tried to find a cheaper way to ship but as this is my first time doing this didn't want to risk damage to cuttings. I would appreciate reimbursement for shipping by check in return mail unless you are unhappy with your package.

Still time to state a preference or two. Hope to ship out Tues/Wed and Thurs

Sorry I don't have time to Dmail everyone. Thanks, Judy

Belmont, WI(Zone 4b)

Thank you very much.
Greg

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

Thank you so much, Judy.

Blackshear, GA

Sounds great, thank you

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

That's fine by me. Again, thank you so much!

A mix sounds good to me and no problem reimbursing you for postage. Thank you, Judy!

Springdale, UT

Thank you Judy, I just set up a beautiful greenhouse. Your babies should love it in there... Thank you so much. Mychal

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Sending out boxes today. Hope they arrive safely and grow well and multiply for you all. Maybe some of thes grandkid coleus can come back and visit me next summer! Hint Hint. In any event please let me know how they are on arrival so I can adjust my methods in case I do this again.

And, for all of us who have the "end of coleus season" blues. I hear you. Sigh

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Now that sounds like fun with the 'grandkids'. :-)

These are beautiful & healthy, Judy, and your packing method is brilliant. Perfect timing to receive these since our night temps are beginning to dip into the 40's. Already have the cuttings potted up and inside. If I can keep them happy over Winter, you're first in line for a new crop of grand kids :)

Thank you for your generosity and I'm............

Wishing You a Wonderful Happy Birthday!
Susan

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Just now received mine, Judy, and they are in great shape and beautiful! Thank you so much! I'm heading out to pot them right now.

Cheers,
Carole

Springdale, UT

Better than Christmas...... what fun it was to go through all the bags to find all the different babies in there. The extra surprises were awesome !!!! Thank you Judy : ) M

Belmont, WI(Zone 4b)

WOW what a box full of great cuttings! All set to go for the long winter under the lights.
Thanks again.
Also have a very happy B-Day
Greg

Blackshear, GA

Got mine too, love them. Thanks so much!!

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Just dropping by to say, Happy Birthday to coleup!

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Happy Birthday Coleup.
May you have a great year of Coleus color and success.
Sidney

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

Mine arrived today! Didn't seem to mind the extra days the post office had them (pretty sure that was because of the great way they were packed). Love 'em all. Thank you so very much!

Judy, The cuttings looked pretty sad the first few days after I planted them and thought for sure several would be goners. Now they're nice and perky, have put on new leaves, and are doing well. Knock on wood I'll be able to keep them alive over Winter and don't get mealybugs.

Anybody else have a report to share?

Springdale, UT

Same here..... I really thought I was gonna loose all my cuttings. I ended up removing all the leaves and just rooting the stems and now they look awesome. Merlin's Magic was the worst, it arrived leafless I guess it just doesn't transport well.....looks good now.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

I debated on whether to root them as they were or remove the leaves this time and just root the stems. I let them rehydrate in a vase of water for a day or two and then potted them up as they were. They are doing great with only one or two that didn't survive and hopefully they will do well in my garage through the winter.

They are gorgeous!! Thank you again, Judy, for your generosity.

Houston Heights, TX(Zone 9a)

Coleup, if you decide to do this again, would you add me to your list? I really like green and white, green and yellows and the one called Sedona Sunset but I enjoy them all. I just now saw the posting. Cam

Mine bit the dust. They sure were pretty while they lasted and several grew 8-10" tall. Guess they just don't like my indoor environment. Or chalk it up to my black thumb.....the same thing happened last year and most of those were cuttings from my plants.

Anybody else having better luck?

Broxton, GA(Zone 8b)

Mine are gone also, I have a greenhouse and I tried to maintain 40 degrees but they didn't make it. I have ordered a few from Gebhardts' and RD though and I will start again. Sharon Broxton, Ga zone 8

Jupiter, FL

Yes , they are doing fine . I got about 43 and 35 are coming next month . Normally here in zone 10 we can overwinter coleuses. They may be tall , lanky and in bad shape , but they survive. Last year we had a devastating winter , and poof... all of my plants were gone. So I figured since all of you take the time to overwinter them , I could do the same. Well this winters weather was equally as bad.

What a struggle to keep them going. I have a new found respect on the effort that you people in the north tundra go through !

When we have overnight temps in the upper 60 ° and the day time highs @ 75° I put them outside.So I have been doing the in and out thing LOL ! But we were so cold in December and January the they were in the house
for over a month . Boy did they start to look sickly. They don’t like to be in temperature below 60° - 65° do they .

No, they don't. They prefer warmer temperatures.

The frozen tundra around here is melting fast today, most thankfully.

Jupiter, FL

Yes , we are warming up also. Plants are starting to leaf out . Wont be long :)

We have quite awhile before the "leafing out" happens here!

Ordering cuttings annually is probably the best way for me to go too. When our greenhouses reopen, they'll still only have a smidgen of the selections found online. Mine looked so healthy, but then so did cuttings from my garden Christmas before last. That was before I had the bright idea to take more cuttings since they were large enough, and sadly lost every one within a week. It's good to know it wasn't because I don't have a greenhouse, which is something I desperately want and one day will have. Along with a gazebo with a hot tub...lol Nothing like dreaming when it's still a dreary Winter day.

Mount Laurel, NJ

Most of my cuttings are doing well. It's not only the warm temperature they want, but plenty of light. I had a problem with mealy bugs, and do still see one now and then, but I"ve been spraying about every other day with 1/2 water and 1/2 alcohol mixture. I want to get a sytemic but not sure what to get for the potted plants. I've also sprayed a little with sevin, but I think that's kind of hard on the plants. I've got over 300 plants. About half will be put in the garden club plant sale, the only half into my yard. Some were plants I brought in last fall, and they take up way too much room!

Thumbnail by coleuslover123
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

This is my coleus cutting spot for 2011.
Compare with the completely full window of 2010.
Yes I even had them in the bathroom ( photo far right)

This message was edited Feb 18, 2011 5:30 AM

Thumbnail by ge1836

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.