look what kind of plant i found walking my dog

Fairfield, CA

does any1 know what kind of plant this is?? LOL!!!!!! i just found 5 of them while walking my dog, my dog backed out her harness and ran off i found her diggn up the plants soil, it took me a few minutes 2 figure out is was weed, they are hidden pretty good theres prickly bushes around them, there was a 25 gallon tupperware hidden on a little hill with feeder lines running 2 each plant, the plants looked very healthy and smelled like pinesole i was going 2 take a branch but left them alone they didnt look done yet, its crasy people put weed anywhere now

Thumbnail by purpleblockhead
Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

Wow! Be careful around there. I've heard of people getting shot at when they stumbled upon operations like that in the woods.

Fairfield, CA

its growing next 2 a park not in the woods thats why i was so shocked!! my dog got out her harness and ran right 2 it, its only 50yards from a parking lot and 25 yards from a trail!! it is hidden good and covered by prickly bushes but its by a busy park. im not the kind of person 2 tell on any1 for a plant im AMI (indian) so i dont mind people smoking for what ever the reason, its just shocking that its where it is and that it looks so healthy!!

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

Ya tah' hey!
Say, purpleblockhead, when I was a kid, and my G.pa used to take me hunting, you could find that weed growing wild, just about anywhere it had access to water. I remember it being over G.pa's head and he was six foot tall. It's been used medicinally for thousands of years.
It's non-addictive, and can be used for a variety of ailments.
Despite all the propaganda you've been indoctrinated with since childhood, it is not a gateway drug.
The only potentially lethal problem to have come up after years of study, is that young men who imbibe a lot of it can come down with a certain kind of testicular cancer.
Me, I am not worried. I got ovaries. LOL!
Even though growing it for personal use with a Dr.'s recommendation is legal, now, in CA. There is still a black market for it.
Don't worry, my NAI friend, it won't be there when it comes time for harvest. Someone else will have stolen it.
GardenSox is right to warn you of the dangers, and I'm generally willing to let people walk the road they want, but be wary. Growing the "weed" in State and National Parks, can get you killed by growers or worse yet, their booby traps. I don't remember how many Law Enforcement Officers were killed tracking the stuff down, or how many were maimed, and civilians just disappear. So do be careful.
The shameful part, is that it ruins good forest habitat, and I for one, would rather hear a Forest Ranger doing the interpretive talks, than having them on patrol because of selfish people growing "weed" illegally on public lands.
Sorry, honey, you hit on one of my pet peeves.
Forgive me, but do be careful. : - )
Before I forget, what NAI Nation do you belong to? I'm both Cherokee (Tsalagi) and Kickapoo.
Feel free to dmail me if you'd like.
Walk In Beauty!
SingingWolf

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.