My Moranensis is blooming, again!

Poughkeepsie, NY(Zone 6a)

My Moranensis is blooming, again!

Thumbnail by tommyr2006
Tampa, FL(Zone 9b)

Wow! That's so cool! Lucky you. I have the hardest time growing Pings, but I have a few thriving on a windowsill.

This one is under a T12 light. The light is on about 14 hours a day right now.

Tampa, FL(Zone 9b)

It is really beautiful. I would love to see your plants. You seem to having growing conditions down to a science. Most of my plants are looking pretty bedraggled from the summer heat. Soon they will have a nice couple of months.

I learned by trial and error mostly. Reading up on them helps set the trial and error actions. Experimenting is fun!

Tampa, FL(Zone 9b)

Took me two years to give up and bring all my Pings inside. THey are growing relatively well on my windowsill. Even native pings don't grow outside for me. I guess I can't get things just right. I know everyone thinks growing in Florida is easy, but the heat is just as bad as the cold I believe and the lack of rain through the winter doesn't help.

north coast nsw, Australia

My pings blooming to(dont know which it is though), but a bird got in my greenhouse and broke the flower off now(at least thats all it done)hehe!

Thumbnail by breeindy
Tampa, FL(Zone 9b)

I have blooming ping too. Remind me to post a picture tomorrow. I am going to try to pollinate it. Hmmm . . .

Tampa, FL(Zone 9b)

Here's my Ping. I assume it is a Mexican. It is a P. 'Tehuacan'

Thumbnail by starsplitter7
Tampa, FL(Zone 9b)

Out of focus, but a nice color.

Thumbnail by starsplitter7

ohhh you got 2 flowers. ha!

Tampa, FL(Zone 9b)

I was pretty excited about the flowers. I hope it will live afterwards. :)

wonder if you can pollinate them and get seed?

Tampa, FL(Zone 9b)

I have tried. The entry is very narrow and I flicked a pin and out of them a few times. I would love it if they could pollinate.

look my ping from above in this same threat is blooming again, looks like there be more than one flower too. wow look at the size difference..scroll up and see its in the same pot but it had another 2 in with it and now its filling that pot by itself.

This message was edited Sep 2, 2011 9:29 PM

Thumbnail by breeindy

Oooh, VERY nice!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.