What do you consider Mid-Atlantic area?

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

I have pondered this and would love your idea.
Lavina

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

LavinaMae, This is always a matter of opinion. Different encyclopedias define it differently. Originally, it was defined in the US as NY, NJ, DE, and PA. Then as the government started redistricting different parts of the country, it was expanded to include VA & MD & DC. Everyone is welcome to post here in this forum. The nice thing about the Mid Atlantic is that our plant choices often include those grown in the regions to the North, South & west of us so we have lots of common ground to chat about.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Hi Lavina, I see Stormy has answered you. We have had that discussion before. I had always thought of myself as living in the Northeast. I'm in south central Pa. So when I first joined DG I started out in the NE Forum. There is a nice group of interesting people up there and they grow many of the same plants I do. But I soon found out that the Mid-Atlantic Forum was really more similar to my area for growing. Sometimes the guys just south of me Zone7 can get my Zone Envy going though. LOL

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Here in central Maryland it seems like there is a "Mid Atlantic" group office of every medical specialty I ever heard of

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.