Morning glory adventures.. August 2010 in Kansas

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Wow, June and July flew out fast.. I came from here.. http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1097280/#new

This message was edited Aug 9, 2010 8:56 PM

Thumbnail by joeswife

This huge white took off pretty fast.. it is in the south corner barrell climbing a tall cane

Thumbnail by joeswife

That one came in a seed pack I purchased from Gardener 2005...

This one also took off blooming its heart out in july..

Thumbnail by joeswife

The backside of it was as pretty as the front side, from my view any way

Thumbnail by joeswife

Knight and Day..

Thumbnail by joeswife

This one was in a mix, and it is still blooming, but this was July 17th here..

Thumbnail by joeswife

I really loved this one, and every bloom left a pod, I cut it back and now it is going again..

Thumbnail by joeswife

Always my favorite, I have these from last year seeds, and they do well for me, rambling on what ever I give them to climb on.

Thumbnail by joeswife

Rebecca likes to climb n the gloriosa daiseys.

Thumbnail by joeswife

Some colours from a Mix

Thumbnail by joeswife

I have had alot of fun so far with these beautiful plants..

Thumbnail by joeswife

A chocolate something..

Thumbnail by joeswife

this one was on another vine this am..

Thumbnail by joeswife

This one was also new to me this am.. it was filled with flying bugs, tho.

Thumbnail by joeswife

I simply adore this one..

Thumbnail by joeswife

Liz's Lavender Beauty is back

Thumbnail by joeswife

So is unknown blue from last year

Thumbnail by joeswife

I thought these were pretty

Thumbnail by joeswife
Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Debra, Love the giant white and the unknown soft blue. Please save
me a sd or two of the soft blue. Beautiful pink.

(Becky) in Sebastian, FL(Zone 10a)

Debra - Your blooms are terrific! So much variety! They look great! I love this one: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=8030382 And that photo of Purple Flaked should be added to PlantFiles. Great close-up shot! :-)

Gautier, MS

Love all your blooms Debra, very pretty!!

Pretoria, South Africa

Beautiful flowers, Debra.

Thanks Guys, I was late for work today trying to get that perfect shot of what greeted me this am..

These were moved to the outside of the fence when the guy next door started spraying his weed and feed stuff.

Thumbnail by joeswife

This one really surprissed me, and the tag is faded, go figure

Thumbnail by joeswife

These just thrilled me, thank you Jackie!

Thumbnail by joeswife

Someone had asked about sunflowers and morning glorys.. here is an example..

Thumbnail by joeswife

This vine had two blooms open, large, very large, with a pinkish center..

Thumbnail by joeswife

here is a frontal view

Thumbnail by joeswife

These also surprised me, I untangeled these vines and had to cut them away from the corner barrell last weekend, and here they went and bloomed.

Thumbnail by joeswife

I will be cutting back a bunch more to re-train them on the new lead strings I have for them.. they are choking each other out..
Here is the second bloom of the large white with pink center, I think I will catch a nap while I wait for it to upload here.. gosh I better copy and paste what I have typed in case this post gets lost ..
DG is very S L O W tonite.( For uploading a post with a picture)

Thumbnail by joeswife

A bit chewed up, but still is lovely..

Thumbnail by joeswife

This is the pink moon vine caudex from Emma, along with the two white blooming mounding plants of seeds from Liz last year I found. Oh and the caladium I forgot I planted in this pot..

Thumbnail by joeswife

I am hoping one of these I. Purps vines is a milky way, and a jaimie lynn, but so far I have been seeing pink , Ronnies lav/blues, Liz's Lav and shibouri.. there are so many seeds planted along this area, will be fun cutting them back this weekend. Then I will use my new ultra fine paint pen on my vine tags.

Thumbnail by joeswife

This is a view from one of my chairs, looking thru the little gloriosa lilly and i purp pot and on, those blue vines are on the other side of the walk way across from the table.I hav built a wall all around me of plants and vines, and is very private now.

Thumbnail by joeswife

Here is my corner inside the patio, the chair looking South.to the left of me is my little water tub, and a bunch of vines, some hibiscus, some other blooming plants, the bean patch that is now a tomatoe and morning glory patch and then the house garden.

Thumbnail by joeswife

Looking to the south on the right side of me, and at the patio table, is my little table garden, of which I have several species seedlings, Karens Crystal willow, Charleens red mg, and the crocomosia or what ever they are called are JUST now bloomig, as well as purple ruffles coleus up from seeds, I have starts of brugs, monardas, some tree seedlings, an argyea wallchii, beach morniing glory, giant green castor bean seedling, celosias from seed, and gosh, alot more on this table. I just love the peek a boo view i get at the yard thru here..
here is to the immediate right of that chair

Thumbnail by joeswife

looking on down at the table top

Thumbnail by joeswife

There is a three teired plant stand at one end of the table next to a plant stand that holds my king coleus starts, earlier when the marine helio trope was blooming it was lovely, and my dark angel dahlias are getting buds in the tub as well, I can't wait for them to bloom.

Thumbnail by joeswife

This is shot from the other side of the table.. I thought it looked neat, I have trimmed those I. Purps since this am..

Thumbnail by joeswife

This USED to be the Potatoe Patch. We are still eating Yukon Golds, yummy. In this mess, you can see the Kansas native Snow on the Mountain in the middle of the transplanted tomatoes, as well as the morning glorys that I have moved to this area in their pots, and a cleome and white four oclocks .. behind it is a small path between the garden and the house which is full of my four o clocks.

Thumbnail by joeswife

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.