Opinions about greenhouse windows

Bayville, NJ

This is not about windows IN a greenhouse... but rather a greenhouse-type window for the house.

We are remodeling our kitchen and may need to replace the window over the sink. I was thinking of maybe getting a greenhouse window.
If anyone has one, and/or can share opinions, comments, prices, etc. that would be really helpful.

Thanks!
Cindi

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

I had one at my old house--can't help you on prices since it came with the house, but I enjoyed having it for my houseplants.

Greeley, CO(Zone 5b)

Have you looked at the book "how to build your own gh"? You might check your library. There are detailed instructions on how to build one. It may be more cost effective that way.

DeLand/Deleon Spring, FL(Zone 8b)

I'd like to know more about these also. We looked into some pre-made one's at Lowe's at one point, but they didn't have them in the store would have to order and I wanted to "see" it first. Couldn't find any place locally that had them in stock where we could actually see it first.

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Here's a picture of my old house from the outside showing mine--it wasn't the focal point of the photo so all you can see is a corner of it:

Thumbnail by ecrane3
Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

And here it is seen from inside (this was when my house was staged for sale so the huge houseplant collection has been cleared out)

Thumbnail by ecrane3

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.