central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Is it August already?????
Where we came from http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1112574/
What's blooming now?

4 o'clocks

This message was edited Aug 3, 2010 11:45 AM

Thumbnail by flowAjen
Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Thanks for the new thread. I never had a white and yellow 4 O C.

My plumeria took long time to start growing, after having 'black tips' from being put out too early this spring. Its finally growing, but one of three stems is leafing out much better than the other two, it's all unbalanced. Still I think I have time to see a bloom cluster before fall!
This one in the picture was from our trip--rhe plumeria was a backyard tree the size of my big old crabapple. Mine has this color bloom.

Thumbnail by sallyg

Verbena bonariensis- I have finally gotten a picture where the flower color shows up pretty well--previous pictures always seemed washed out. I am liking this one for fitting between the leaves of daylily clumps and putting tall airy stems up over them. Otherwise, the folage is not especially attractive and might as well be hidden.

Thumbnail by sallyg
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

That plumeria is beautiful, worth the wait

Crape Myrtle

Thumbnail by flowAjen
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Lobelia and rudbeckia

Thumbnail by flowAjen
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Coleus in the little strip next to my front stoop

Thumbnail by flowAjen
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

love em all!!!

Laurel, MD(Zone 7a)

Flowerjen, where, oh where did you find such a beautiful 4 o'clock? I have never seen that color and really would love to have some for my garden. It's beautiful!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I got the seeds from fellow dgr luvsgrtdanes, it's called Custard and Cream

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Have to give kudos to the heat and drought tolerant plants......

Here is how my garden is faring through all this....I DO water as often as i can--but, still, these flowers just march on....

Here are the August Lilies Hosta--just opening up to full blooms....

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

The amazing Cleomies!!! They are, by now, so tall I can't stand them, but they keep on blooming and making 100's of seed pods..
I have a mix--All purple--All white--Light purple with darker purple tops--White with lavender tops....
NOT sorting out the seeds. They are all mixed up....

Here's the purple.

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

The all white ones....

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

OK----To post more of some of my flowers and beds......

Too bad my camera does not capture reds too well....but this Dragon Wing begonia is doing amazingly! It is ONE plant--in the Birch bed pot.....Holly--the one with the Purple Fountain Grass.....

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

Gita try taking that last shot again after dusk with the flash... the reds usually scream at night

love the angel wing!!!!

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

First flush of blooms on my unknown, ping Brug.....seems a strong bloomer and grower----so far....

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Onewish---that was a Dragon Wing.......NOT an Angel Wing---I have that too......
I will try again--after disk--as you suggested. My camera is a real "cheapie"......

Here is my front door bed of this and that--but the Cleomies are the most prominent. Sprinkler running.....
NOT gonna plant them here next year! Too our of place---too tall--too taking over.......

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Here is another view------I am picking seeds daily.....

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Unknown pink Brug---second year. This came from Chantelle--but was misidentified....

I do not know her name--but she seems to be a strong grower and bloomer.....

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Purple Shamrock in bloom......Not the best color representation...again---------------I need a new camera......

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Seed pods on a Cleome.....about 30 seeds--or so--in each.....

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

love the brug!!!

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

OK! Here is a better picture of my Birch Tree bed......taken with a better camera....

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

The first bloom of one of my Cannas.....same one some of you got at the Plant Swap....

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

nice!!!... amazing how light makes a difference as well

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Me and Ron--an old friend visiting me from Louisiana....at the Baltimore Science Center at Inner Harbor......
Dwarfed by one of the Dinosaur skeletons.....

We had a nice, tiring day walking all around.....

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

The USSA Constellation, a ship that fought in the 1812 war and is now permanently berthed at the Baltimore Inner harbor....a major tourist attraction.
If you get aboard--and go to the lowest deck--you have to crouch over to walk.
People were so much shorter back then........

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

A view towards the Baltimore Inner Harbor from the Science Center......

OK! I know I am getting off topic---so i will quit........

Thumbnail by Gitagal

Nice Inner Harbor tour, Gita.

Today saw my first blackberry lily bloom--and it was being visited by a hummingbird to boot.He hung there about a minute or two solid, but I was sure if I went for the camera he'd be gone. The seeds came from 'wind' in 2009 labeled 'orange lily'
http://davesgarden.com/guides/articles/view/2866/
That's an article about the blackberry lily--Note I do not get paid by click so doesn't matter if you read that--but I do get two cents worth of self esteem for every 'read' LOL

Mount Bethel, PA(Zone 6a)

I don't have a photo right now, but the ornamental peppers that Wind gave me at the swap are just beautiful!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

lots of pics yesterday

http://picasaweb.google.com/AllisonNJ71/8710?feat=directlink

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Teri, the CARYOPTERIS you gave me doing great even though I got it in the ground kinda late

Thumbnail by flowAjen
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Noid phlox

Thumbnail by flowAjen
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

mini roses

Thumbnail by flowAjen
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Looking up thru rudbeckia to crape myrtle

Thumbnail by flowAjen
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Butterfly on butterfly bush with hydrangea underneath

Thumbnail by flowAjen
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Can't wait for this hibiscus to open!!!!

Thumbnail by flowAjen
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

onewish---
I don't know about others---but you overwhelm ME with your pictures gallery.....I just cannot look at all of them.

How about posting just some that YOU think are special? Like the rest of us do???

Don't mean to offend you.....Your pics are all beautiful!

Gita

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

no offense taken.... don't have time to post each photo... you don't need to look at them then.. and we wonder why people don't come and stay in this forum

Odenton, MD(Zone 7b)

Onewish, I am floored by that first picture, so lush and beautiful, you must have been working hard to keep things watered. I also love the gnome on the swing, he's quite cute.

Odenton, MD(Zone 7b)

The puppies are so cute too!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.