Tigers

New Matamoras, OH(Zone 6a)

Crit;
Ah good, glad the second one made it.. Might want to put them in the frig for a few weeks.. Not sure if those need stratified or not.

Sheila;.
To funny, I thought about that to.

Don;,
Send me a dmail with your address.. I still have some left I can send..

Dave

Hanover Twp., PA(Zone 6a)

What's up with the butterflies this year. Here is another Monarch flying around looking for food October 26th? Has anyone else noticed butterflies around this late. I live in zone 5B.

Thumbnail by mgarr
Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

You guys have had unseasonably warm temps up there haven't you? The mid west is getting some cold fronts right now and it is pushing the Monarchs down in droves!

Hanover Twp., PA(Zone 6a)

Usually they start heading south by the beginning of Sept.

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

Send them my way,,, although it will be cold here too this weekend....

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

I was in the back of the yard working in the shade yesterday when I was buzzed by a Brazillian Skipper....I watched it for a moment and it appeared to lay eggs. Sure enough I looked at the canna leaf and saw the egg! I don't know when they quit weather wise, but seems it won't be too long and the food source will be gone. I found one that had made it's pupa and took it to my emerging cage to see how long it would take to eclose. I got a picture but it is somewhere on a disc and not on the computer yet.
This is an old cracked birdbath I painted, the sun was shinning on it really pretty. Didn't realize it also had a Red Admiral sunning itself too.

Thumbnail by Sheila_FW
Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

I had a garden full of Monarchs, Queens, Am Ladies (3), Sulphur, and more skippers than I could count. I couldn't get it the sun to take pictures so had to be content to stay on the deck and watch them. They were all over the asters and W TX Mistflower. A few stopped on the Frostweed and zinnas too. They were having a feeding freenzy!
I got a couple thanks to long lens cameras.

Thumbnail by Sheila_FW
Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

I also got this one of a open winged skipper.....maybe a common checker. I haven't looked it up to id for sure yet.

Thumbnail by Sheila_FW
Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

ooopps! I thought I was on the daily bf thread....sorry for rambling.

Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK(Zone 7a)

I see a lot of mention of the W. TX Mistflower. Does anyone have any seed or starts they could send my way?

THX!

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Dmail me your addy Crit, and I will send you some. They are making seeds now. I will also include some plant roots too that may survive and take hold. You might go ahead and set them out and sow some seeds now and in the spring. Once you get them going they will reseed themselves. They tend to flop, so don't plant them along on a walkway.

Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK(Zone 7a)

THANK YOU Sheila. Sending you a dmail now.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.