New bees chit chat - come on in!! 07/17/2010

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

It's summertime and it's hot... What's going on in your garden?

This is the place to chat and hang out and share with friends - new and old...

Any links you all want me to add to this let me know!

We came from here... http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1112730/

Come on in...

Direction for free seeds for newbies here...
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1010521/

Newbies that get lost and found here...
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1010521/

Lasagna Beds for newbies here...
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1037637/

Thumbnail by locakelly
Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

Mekos, still praying for you and your family, and hope the surgery went well. Hope everyone else is having a good weekend and having nice weather. Kelly, sure am glad we don't have it as hot as you do! Thanks everyone for all the wonderful birthday wishes. Had a wonderful day, we (DH & I) spent most of it with my DD, DSIL, and our awesome grandbabies!

Hornell, NY(Zone 5a)

You're right Kelly, it's hot even in New York. Garden is growing great, we're eating the early tomatoes already with more to come later. Looks like it's going to be a good year, hopefully free of the dreaded blight of last year.

It's been a busy week here. We're cleaning out Gramp's farm house for our final estate sale in about two weeks. Our son Richie is moving into the house and wants to move in some of his own furniture so a lot of the old stuff will have to be sold. I love yard sales but they are a lot of work to organize. Richie recently got rehired at Corning Glass (makers of Pyrex, Corelleware, TV glass, and many other things) which is only 7 miles from where he lives. He will be making new ceramic mufflers designed for future cars an trucks. Gramps was a mechanical engineer at the same company nearly 50 years ago.

I did get to the airshow last Friday, but we had to fly around a thundercloud in order to get there (such fun!). Made it in by late afternoon, wife followed up later in the car. Over 170 airplanes there for the show on Saturday and Sunday though I didn't get to fly during the performances, just watch.

Busy busy week, I'll send some garden pictures soon.

Al

Thumbnail by lycodad
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Glad you had a great birthday Sandi! This is the time of year I wish I lived in Wyoming - lol - anywhere but Phoenix.

Al - I can't believe how hot New York and most of the east coast has been. Sweltering! Especially when you're not used to it. This time of year is our monsoon season, though we haven't gotten any rain, but the humidity is high. We're not used to that. When it's 115° and 25%+ humiduty it's stifiling. Glad your garden is going well. I still have a few 'maters ripening and the cherries are still setting fruit - even in this heat. Eggplant. okra, sweet taters, peppers and melons of all kinds going gangbusters. Oh and Basil. Everything else is limping through...

I think it's great your son is moving into Gramps' house - how neat! Good luck with the sale and all.

Booneville, AR

mekos hope your son is doing good let us know how he is will keep him and you in our prayers love and hugs nettie,

Hi everyone. Thanks to all for the prayers and good thoughts. He seems better today, we got a great dr. who actually started treating him for spider bite and just in the nick of time. He may not lose his finger or hand. But it has damaged his kidneys, so please continue to pray for his kidneys. Some # is suppose to be 1.3 or lower, and his is 3.6 and riseing. Very dangerous so I'm very worried. Take care everyone. HUGS!

Hornell, NY(Zone 5a)

Serious stuff Mekos - hope he's feeling better. Prayers for you both.

Al

Booneville, AR

mekos im praying he will be fine. you rest and take care love and hugs we will keep praying for him .

Booneville, AR

skell happy birthday im always late wirh every thing even birthdays. love and hugs nettie,

Booneville, AR

mekos sure hop and pray the son is better. love and hugs take care of your self nettie

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

mekos, your son and yourself will stay in my prayers. Keep us informed and take care of yourself also.

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

Poor young man is lucky he is still alive. We will pray Mekos.
Hey, do you all have any idea what this is????

Thumbnail by ridesredmule
Rushville, IN(Zone 5b)

is this where i can post my flowers sissy70

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Mekos - that is good news about the hand! Praying no problems with the kidneys remain!

RRM - looks like my Duranta repens - Sapphire Showers. I sent mekos a cutting last year that took me forever to get it to root. And it made it through her winter greenhouse disaster!

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/66647/

sissy70 - post away! We like pictures!

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

I found this morning glory today in a field a couple of miles from my house. Its just growing wild in the field. I'm going back to see if I can dig up one or find seeds.

It has a very large flower, almost the size of palm of my hand.

Thumbnail by marti001

Hello everyone. I'm back for a bit. Marti that is a wild moonvine, I think. They grow wild around here too. I have several outside.They are pretty and usually if you dig them up and move them,they die, but seeds will grow more. They are real common in our fields and roadsides.
Yep, RRM, that looks just like the one Loca rooted for me and it bloomed and has been so pretty. I love it.
Thanks nettie. He seems to be better just having the problem with the kidneys and it is common for spider bites but very dangerous.
Love to see the flowers Sissy70.
Need a little cheer. Here is my little flower.

Thumbnail by mekos

I told Sissy, this was the place to show her flowers. Welcome Sissy.
Loca, that is what it is. thank you. It is pretty , isn't it?/ I guess it is a houseplant isn't it???
Thank you for the name.
Mekos, that baby is the prettiest flower of them all....((()))

Rushville, IN(Zone 5b)

boy she is beatiful how old is she

Rushville, IN(Zone 5b)

I have lots of flowers is there anyway you can post more than one at a time sissy

Booneville, AR

sissy i tried to post more than one and my pictures went somewhere but it wasn,t where i told them to go. good luck you might ask mekos she may have it figured out. love nettie

Kaylee is 4 months old right now. (3 months old in the pictures). I just got them back last week when my son got spider bit. I haven't found a way to show more than one picture at a time here.

Thumbnail by mekos

I won't drive you all batty with her pictures but thought I'd show you how big she has got. Good night all. Hugs.

Thumbnail by mekos
Rushville, IN(Zone 5b)

here are some of my flowers this may not have worked
it did work

This message was edited Jul 19, 2010 8:55 PM

Thumbnail by sissy70
Rushville, IN(Zone 5b)

here are the rest

Thumbnail by sissy70

Now those are just gorgeous! Love the hollyhocks. Especially the black colored one. Now how did you do the multiple picture thing? I tried but coldn't get it to work. Tell us the secret.

Booneville, AR

sissy just start loading them picturrs we don,t care how many you have the more the merryer bring them on. nettie

Rushville, IN(Zone 5b)

I use my scanner and camera wizard I use the scanner dont ask me what it does im not certian sissy

Booneville, AR

how did you do that that is great i have trouble just loading one at a time.trll us please tell. love nettie. mekos i will be gone to the dr. tomorrow my yearly check up to be sure im not growing anything new. i feel fine just tirde alot of the time.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Nice pics sissy!

RRM - the Duranta is a tender perennial. It will survive outside in the ground here but may need to be potted where you are at or at least in a protected spot. Jan's survived her big freeze in the greenhouse with flying colors.

I think mine is about to croak;o( It blew down last winter in a big storm and the big pot shattered. I cut it back and repotted it but it's not doing so well. Could be the heat too. I'm crossingmy fingers it survives the summer. If it does it will go in the ground. They can get several feet tall here in ground!

Booneville, AR

mekos if that little girl gets any prettier her dad will need a ball bat by the time she is 16 or just lock her in her room.give her a kiss and a big hug for me love nettie, good night have a good day today.

Monticello, KY(Zone 6b)

HI Everyone
Welcome Sissy post all the pictures you want here we don't mind.
The multiple one looks like you did a collage then posted it.

I'm killing time waiting to call the eye surgery place again. Called yesterday got runaround on one lady I wanted to talk to other lady whom I need to talk to for sure decided to leave early without returning my calll. grrrrr I do not like that place's office staff much good thing I like the dr or I would say the heck with it.

Loca, Thank you so much if you want me to try to start you one, let me know. I will be glad to.
Sissy, Told you they would love your gorgeous pictures. Welcome ,
Isn't Mekos G'daughter a pretty little thing?? Love her. Yes, Nettie, he is going to need a BIG ballbat.

Good morning everyone. Danny got to come home from the hospital today. Shocked me to death. He called me at 6:00am and asked me to come get him, and he had begged the dr. to let him come home and just see his dr. at home. He didn't want to be so far away from everyone. So I just got back from getting him and taking him home. His kidneys are still not doing well, but the dr. said he could be treated just as well at home so I hope he is right. Anyway, I sure can use the rest.
Nettie, hope your check up is good. You don't be growing anything except flowers now.
Sissy the flowers are just beautiful.
RRM, that plant needs to come in for winter. Mine was in the greenhouse and when the power went off that night, it got bit a little but survived because the power came back on in the next day. If it had been longer without heat, it would have croaked too.
Mine is in a pot and growing great.
Got to go do some needed cleaning, so you all have a great day and thank you all for the prayers. HUGS my friends!

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Morning buddies!

Mekos - sooooooo glad to hear Danny is home! Still praying for a speedy and total recovery...

RRM - I might take you up on that offer if this one croaks. I will be so sad as I've had it for years. It is a little difficult to root the cuttings depending on the time of year you try. I find them hard all the time - lol... Of all the ones I tried to root last year one made it - the one I sent mekos - lol. Many rooted but didn't make it when transplanted. It's a picky plant.

Maybe I'll just try to root it in sand. that works well sometimes.

Booneville, AR

mekos my check up went well dr. ina was pleased as punch i had gained 4lbs im happy for me and daniel hope he gets better every day he will do better at home its good to have your family around you, now you rest and take cxre os yourself. everyone counts on moma no getting around that if you ever been a moma you know it. love nettie

Thanks nettie, big hugs. Glad you are doing great! You have a wonderful day.

Rushville, IN(Zone 5b)

good morning guys
here is one of my most beautiful flowers named Jade she is now 1 year old and one of nana's pride of the 23 great's that I have
sissy70

Thumbnail by sissy70

That is a pretty baby. Big dark eyes. Beautiful.

Rushville, IN(Zone 5b)

thank you she is a real pill

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.