WOW .....My tallest lily yet ...72 inches

Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

My husband bought this lily for me last year at a local nursery and I was really smitten by it.It is blooming right now and I can't believe HOW tall it is.72 inches and it also has a baby coming.It is a orienpet and called "Albany"
LOVE it !!

Thumbnail by Eglantyne
Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

This is simular in color but a lot shorter.
This is "SOPHIE " first year blooms.Came from Andy's co-op this spring.Extremely happy with this lily.

Thumbnail by Eglantyne
Newfield, NY

very nice.wish i had one.putting that on my want list>

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Beautiful! You did a great job of raising them.

Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

Thanks,
I am so smitten with lilies and always have.I don't have as many as I would like to have right now and that's why I was pretty disappointed not to have the lily co-op here at Dave's.

On some lily thread people spoke about virused lilies they got from some co-op but I don't know which one it was. Glad I escaped it!

Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

How do I tell if they have a virus ?

There is no way to tell. People have found out after the lilies have been in the ground after a year and up to a few years. The virus can spread so the lilies must be destroyed and not composted.

Here's a whole Google page showing the lily virus:
http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&source=imghp&q=lily+virus&btnG=Search+Images&gbv=2&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

Upper Saint Clair, PA(Zone 6a)

Oh gosh, I have to get Sophie.... my daughter is Sophie!

Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

Thanks pirl,I have to inform myself more.I never heard of a lily virus before but will look into it some more.
linjasar,
you definately should :-) ....this one I am so very pleased with.Just planted them a few months ago.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Eglantyne I grew Sophie this year too. It looks as tho it should be taller than it is. My tallest in the group was 36 inches.That about the best it will do I guess.
Its just so special with dark burgandies,soft salmons and bright orange.
Sophie,Sophie,Sophie

Thumbnail by ge1836
Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

nicely tinted lilies...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.