A Blank Palette for a Wedding Garden - Now What?

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

I've spent the last couple of days digging up all the plants in one area of my yard that is destined to be a "Wedding Garden". I won't actually be hiring it out for weddings, but I do plan to have my own here someday and my close friends and family if they wish. When completed, I may rent it out to photographers to take pre-wedding photos.

The wedding garden will actually cover the entire east side of my yard, from the front of my property to the back. It gets quite a bit of sun almost all day. I will divide it into themed "rooms".

The front-most room will be "Lovers Lane" where I'll put in a small pond with a bench sitting across from it. I want to build the bench with a double-heart shaped back. Then I want to fill this area with plants with a romance theme. I have daylilies called "Smooching Time", "Big Kiss", "Hug Me Big", "Bogie and Bacall", "Love After Dark", etc. I also have a Chaste tree with pale pink-almost white blooms which will sit behind the pond.

I'm going to remove the white arbor you see here. I have an arched arbor with hearts on it that I will refurbish and put here. And there will be wall of something (lattice maybe?) to separate the Lovers Lane from the main Wedding Garden. On the arbor and wall, I plan to grow Passiflora Incarnata (Passion Flower).

This is what the garden looked like at the end of today, after I pulled out most of the plants. Will continue that process tomorrow. This view is what you see as you walk thru the gate. To the right is the porch and patio.

Thumbnail by ButterflyChaser
This thread has 49 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!