Shade Cloth - What do you get and Where do you get it?

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

I'm thinking of putting shade cloth on my pergolas and gazebo until I can put a real roof on them. I'm looking at Gemplers. They seem cheap enough I think. What shade cloth do you use and where do you get it? I may eventually let one pergola be a storage area for plants. Since I have no shade in my yard, I definitely need shade cover for my potted plants.

Sparta , TN(Zone 7a)

solex is good
Sarge

Belton, TX

I use International Greenhouse...the quality is good and they have a large selection of pre-cut and bound shade cloths...no waiting for 3 to 4 weeks for special order.

Mechanicsville, VA

I use Aluminet. It may seem more expensive, but if heat is an issue such as in greenhouses, I highly recommend it. The best place is shadeclothstore.com. They have the best prices.
If you just want regular shade cloth, littlegreehouse.com has good prices and you don't have to wait.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

They have it on a huge roll at HD and you buy it by the yard. Cheap.

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Really? I'll have to check that out Lou! Thank you! I have several pergolas I'd like to cover temporarily until I decide what kind of roof I want to put on them. I'll try to swing by HD and see about theirs. If I don't like theirs, I'll check out the other suggestions. It will probably only be a temporary thing here on most pergolas. But I will need something over my potted plants that I sell so maybe HDs stuff will work for me.

Thanks so much for all the suggestions. I've made notes of them so I can check them out when I have more time.

NancyAnn

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

good luck......

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.