Summer 2010 Blooms

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Today is the first official day of summer . I want to see some blooms other than mine, so start posting!!

Thumbnail by Desertdenial5
Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Crinums blooming.

Thumbnail by Desertdenial5
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Hey Marie - what are the first flowers you posted? They're gorgeous!

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Cactus flowas :o)

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

I've got to get my camera fixed - although I don't have much to take pictures of right now...

Rio Rancho, NM(Zone 7a)

The flowers change color on this Dianthus.

Thumbnail by NM_gardener_guy
Rio Rancho, NM(Zone 7a)

Here's a new dwarf hollyhock.

Rio Rancho, NM(Zone 7a)

This is a type of perennial Salvia. It looks alot like celosia or astilbe.

Sun Lakes, AZ(Zone 9b)

A zinnia that sprouted itself!

Thumbnail by NancySLAZ
Rio Rancho, NM(Zone 7a)

Here are dwarf goldenrod on left, African daisies and pink lace monarda on right.

Sun Lakes, AZ(Zone 9b)

My first sunflower I grew from seed

Thumbnail by NancySLAZ
Sun Lakes, AZ(Zone 9b)

My neighbor's Echinopsis 'Dutchman's Gold'

Thumbnail by NancySLAZ
Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

NM_gardener_guy those are great pictures. I like the dwarf goldenrod!!

I want zinnia like that to show up at my place!!

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Awesome pictures! I've never seen a Salvia like that one - very cool...

I have Zinnias I started from seed I'm waiting for them to bloom. I also see a couple popping up where I didn't plant them, so I'm thinking the birdies were feasting on my Zinnia sees last year - lol.

Mesa, AZ

Here is my water hibiscus (Hibiscus coccineas) these flowers are huge, about 8" across. The plant has not topped out yet and is already over 7 ft tall.

Thumbnail by Birdlady_Susie
Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Wow that is a beauty!!

Mesa, AZ

I have several different color gerbera daisies

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

nmguy, I like that dianthus, and the salvia, too! Oh, and that zinnia, Nancy!

Mesa, AZ

and red...

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Are those perennial for you Susie?

Mesa, AZ

and orange

Sun Lakes, AZ(Zone 9b)

I just don't understand why I can't grow any variety of hibiscus when so many people have beautiful ones like yours.

Mesa, AZ

I have 3 that make it through the winter and the summer, but they are in fairly protected areas. I have one this is a 'spider' type gerbera, it has huge (not blooming today) blooms that are not flat, but reminiscent of carnations. It is a mango color. I have had it out for 3 years now and it has done fairly well.

Here is a Billbergia nutans - Queen's Tears- this bromeliad can get away from you...

This message was edited Jun 21, 2010 11:56 AM

Sun Lakes, AZ(Zone 9b)

My dark orange zinnia is about 3 inches across and the plant has branched out all on its own with lots of side buds. I am so happy with it because it grew in a perfect spot too. I'm going to try to save some seeds but I hope it self seeds again!

Mesa, AZ

Dicliptera suberecta- really liking this plant!

Mesa, AZ

Turks Cap

Mesa, AZ

Some kind of yucca - I thought it was soap yucca, but the flower is different- from my visit last week to Boyce Thompson. This flower part of this plant was about 6'x6' it was huge!

Mesa, AZ

A cute little Anna's hummer female who likes to sit and eat, regardless of the setting...

This message was edited Jun 21, 2010 11:57 AM

Mesa, AZ

One of the oxalis from when we all ordered a couple years ago. It is forming little bulbs on the flower stalks after the bloom is finished. Do you think I could plant those?

Cyrtanthus Brachysoyphus

Mesa, AZ

Here are some of this years stargazer lillies

Mesa, AZ

I love dragonflies.. there are 4 of them and each has their own territory and pond, with 2 of them being more willing to share one of the ponds.

Mesa, AZ

This epi is getting a little large, sure hopes it blooms this year.

Mesa, AZ

snapdragon vine- sorry can't get a good pic of flowers!

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Love the Cyrtanthus Brachysoyphus. I need tol ook that one up. I would think you can plant the little bubils. Has your epi ever bloomed?

Mesa, AZ

various epis and various hoyas. These guys stay outside year around and do quite well.

Mesa, AZ

Here is a flower from the Barbados Cherry

Yes Marie- it has bloomed, several of them have actually. I was ecstatic!! Unfortunately I don't have photos, that was around the time I dropped the camera in Big Lake and was not able to buy one for a while... Oops! There is an epi society I used to belong to http://www.epiphyllumsociety.org/index.html that has great info on when and what to feed for blooms.

Mesa, AZ

and here is a cherry from the Barbados Cherry tree. They are very tasty and must be eaten quickly, as they do not last long off (or on) the tree. They have a VERY strong cherry flavor- almost like cough syrup!

Phoenix, AZ

Here's a nice, simple, bee-lovin pumpkin flower!

Thumbnail by meisgreen
Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Susie maybe I do not want one of those as much as I thought. I do not like cherry cough syrup at all.

Love the pumpkin bloom. I need to get some planted asap!!

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Yeah for pumpkin blooms! I have some Sugar Pie pumpkins that are slowly ripening - can you say pumpkin pie - lol?!?!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.