custom Banner for Daves JM forum

Milford, DE

I still think that the yellow one is the nicest. It shows more of full leaves. Also the one next to the last photo (#8) with the rosey edges, it also shows full leaves.

Melody is it possible to number the pictures so when we respond it will be easier to identify the pictures we are responding to?

Dave

This message was edited Jun 24, 2010 11:22 AM

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Last one for a bit. #10

I'm going to go back through and give them all numbers.

Thumbnail by melody
Milford, DE

Thanks.

Dave

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

10 looks good too - still like the yellow one though - let's folks know there is more than just red.

Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

The pictures all look great but I agree with the above comments that the yellow one seems to make the best looking banner picture.

Springfield, IL(Zone 6a)

That is Calico in early spring .. I do agree...it would be nice to have folks know there is more to Jm life than just red .and I also personally like the #5... which strangly IMHO no one else has mentioned #5 is Ukon .. a fav tree of mine which is also known as Ao yagi... Both these are all different Jms than what 99% of the general public knows exist ( "I want red , red, red...oh did I mention I want RED" ;>0000).. . If I were not to recluse myself I would also vote the Calico #1, or #5 ;>) Davidsan

Norridgewock, ME(Zone 5a)

I vote for #5. The picture (in banner view) has a very oriental feel for it, and the leaves are beautiful!

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

the green branching gives it a bamboo look - i still vote calico and will have to seriously consider it for next year

Springfield, IL(Zone 6a)

You are dating yourself .or your parents as I do .or have watched too many Jerry Lewis movies ( I hope not) ... it is now "Asian" that is "proper" usage not "Oriental"... I confess I use it all the time much to my wife's .chagrin... .my 93 year old mother drove the word Oriental in to me hard for an older person like me to learn new trick.s although you may be a young'in who has an older parent or a non correcting spouse;>) D

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Would you all like to see #1 and another one made up as a banner? It seems there is a lot of interest in #5 as well. I can't ask to have them all made up but if you'll decide on a couple, I'll get those in the works.

Milford, DE

That would be a good idea. I was wondering in the end what ever the banner is going to be if the name of the plant can be superimposed on the banner?

Dave

Springfield, IL(Zone 6a)

Maybe on the banner at bottom right in the green just above the date and time in small letters

Like A.p. Calico
or A.p Ukon ... or A.p Ao yagi ( pronounced Ah-oh-yaah - gee hard g like "good"

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

I'm having a couple made up for you all to take a look at. Since we do not have the cultivars listed on the other banners in their respective forums, I think it would probably be best not to do so here either.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how these turn out. The shots are great and I think whatever you all eventually come up with will be stunning.

Milford, DE

Well Melody just because the names haven't been done in the past does not mean that you can't start doing it now. Just like any magazine or paper they have the names listed under the picture and I think it just shows a little bit of professionalism about the site.

Dave

Springfield, IL(Zone 6a)

I think Dave is correct but certainly don't want to make a big deal of it .. basically all of these trees are established and offer no promotion to any one member .. it would be different if posting were trees or plants developed by a member .. that would be improper basically a free adv. .. and although NONE of the posted jpeg'ed are available at Lowes, Home Depot or Walmart... All are available from multiple sources on the web. I think Dave's point is well taken .. I don't think others thought of it or maybe in some cases it was developed by a member.. I suspect the former ... A great idea is a great idea ...and Dave is correct it would make the banner more scientific/professional as well as unique and beautiful .. Neither Gale or I want credit for the photo but it seems natural to have the cultivar name listed .. it might help Dave's Garden on Google being listed in their images section for that cultivar and as an additional key word when that tree is searched .. not a big deal but not plus although agreeably a small one ..

Davidsan

Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

Any ETA on the new banner? Just curious.

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

I should have images for you to look at by this evening...the design dept is getting these and the Fuschia banners worked up and I'll get them posted as soon as they send them to me.

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

I've started a new thread with the banner images for you all to consider. They are all wonderful!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1114935/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.