Crownsville Nursery open house dates, info

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Judy asked if I would post the info about the Crownsville Nursery open houses. I will refrain from cracking any more jokes about it. (heh) Their address is Strasburg but they're about halfway between Front Royal and Strasburg, off of 55 West. They do have a really nice selection of plants, including quite a few that are hard to find.

This is one I've been lusting after for a while. Note the hardiness notes, but isn't it gorgeous?
http://www.crownsvillenursery.com/store/cart.php?target=product&product_id=795&category_id=118

You are invited to our 2010 Open House!
In response to requests from last year we've expanded our Open House this year to include 2 weekends. From Friday, June 4th through Sunday, June 6th and Friday, June 18th through Sunday, June 20th our nursery will be open from 9AM-5PM for retail sales. It’s the only time of the year we are able to accommodate visitors, so we hope you can attend. There will be numerous sales and specials and a large selection of perennials to choose from, including over 40 varieties of hardy ferns, over 25 ornamental Salvias (Hummingbird favorites), and a host of other seldom seen varieties .. and, of course, a huge selection of Hostas.

We’re not far from the intersection of I-66 and I-81, near Strasburg, VA. If you decide to make it a day in the country, the Northern Shenandoah Valley has many historic and scenic drives amd destinations. Nearby is the Elizabeth Furnace picnic area of the George Washington National Forest and the northern entrance to Skyline Drive in the Shenandoah National Park in Front Royal, VA. Strasburg is known for its large Antique Emporium.

If you plan to attend, we would appreciate it if you would send us an email letting us know what day you plan to arrive. We will respond to your email with detailed directions and other information. Please email me at dave@crownsvillenursery.com or click on Contact Us at the top of each catalog page. thanks for stopping by....dave.
http://www.crownsvillenursery.com/

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Someday I will 'retire' and have time for open houses...for now i'm very lucky for swaps

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.