Jackmanii and Honeysuckle

Jeffersonville, IN(Zone 6b)

I cannot believe I almost didn't see this, but it's been so rainy and gloomy the past week, I haven't paid much attention to my back fence. Anyway, here's my Jackmanni growing happily with honeysuckle. Bummer of it is, most of the blooms are on the other side of the fence where I can't see them. LOL!!

Thumbnail by indiana_lily

and another showing the blooms on the other side of the fence...

and, maybe one more. Love the combination!!

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Beautiful Combination..I would have never thought of combing the two..they are stunning together...well done...Jeanne

Thanks so much, Jeanne! I take that as a huge compliment because of your gorgeous clematis and knowledge of them. Another great combination with honeysuckle is wild roses. Oh my gosh, that's so beautiful and smells out of this world!!

Colleyville, TX(Zone 8a)

That looks fabulous! I bet your neighbor is happy too.

Williamstown, NJ(Zone 6b)

Am I correct when I say that Jackmanni is not a climber persay?

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Ours certainly do climb.

Williamstown, NJ(Zone 6b)

ok, then what I bought must not be a Jackmanni, but I thought the tag said it was.

Harrisburg, PA(Zone 7a)

Inidana Lil - I'm your neighbor. Live in Jeff too. I have a honeysuckle growing with a white clematis on the same trellis but they don't bloom at the same time. Absolutely love yours. Bought 4 Jackmanni this Spring and started them in large wooden pots which sit at either end two arbors. Thought was that the Jackmanni would eventually cover the arbors. Alas, at the rate they are growing, that may occur in 20 years and I'll be under ground by then looking up. I did plant some marigolds in the same pots as a shade producer for the Jackmanni roots but I'm not sure my idea is going to work. Anyway, congrats on a beautiful display.

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Give the Jackmanii another year or two and you'll have your visions come true. Just remember to cut it back quite seriously in March since it only blooms on new growth.

I use compost and bark to cover the roots since I don't want plants taking up water or nutrients meant for the clematises.

Wow! You are in my back yard, aren't you Indianaguy! The honeysuckle and white is a great idea, too. Give it time though, and maybe they will start blooming together, and hopefully it won't take as long as you think. Thanks much!! I kinda lucked out this year. :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.