What 'treasures' have you found this season?

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Ran into Walmart just to pick up 2 things...no, really JUST 2 things....then thought...hmmmm haven't even been to Lawn and Garden this year...and I "need" some plain ole smelly good purple petunias...and maybe another Provence Lavender. Ok...NO lavenders....sheesh...how sad was that BUT as I continued walking and peeking here and there...my nose caught a scent...oh yeahhhhhh....definitely a JASMINE scent...now mind you they've had jasmines the last 2 years - nice big un's....with absolutely NO scent - THAT should be outlawed in my humble opinion, btw. Ok so back to your regularly scheduled program....THEN I spotted them...FIVE GALLON sambacs....not sure the cultivar (sp?) but ohhhhh yummy - yummy!!! AHHHH life is good.....

Thumbnail by Chantell
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

OOOOHHHHHAAAAAHHHHH, I can smell it from here. LOL

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

plain ole smelly good purple petunias- yeah those are always good. Its again amazing what ends up at 'cheap' places, like the variegated Alstroemeria that rcn found.
DJ Liquidators is one of those resell places but gets some plants. I was very tempted last summer by something in the ' what the truck from FL dropped off" racks.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

I'd be standing there waiting to help them unload it...LOL

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Sally--

Did you know "BJ Liquidators" own "Good Stuff Cheap"????? My fave store.....They are one and the same.....

I even drove down to Joppatown and shopped at BJL's----found a lot of good deals on garden stuff....
Also--a lot of bird seed--even though I hesitated--as the seed can be very old and infested with those "Pantry Moths"....
Then the birds don't really eat it....

It is only 6 miles from my house--I should go there more often......AAAGGGHHHH! Help me!!!!11

Mount Bethel, PA(Zone 6a)

geez chantell, it took me 3 years to get my sambac to that size and it wasn't cheap when i bought it! great find.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.