New bees chit chat - come on in!! 05/17/2010

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Summer is on it's way! Tell us what's going on in your garden...

Any links you all want me to add to this let me know!

We came from here... http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1092947/

Come on in...

Direction for free seeds for newbies here...
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1010521/

Newbies that get lost and found here...
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1010521/

Lasagna Beds for newbies here...
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1037637/

Thumbnail by locakelly

I think that is why nettie was having so much trouble loading her bog picture. I lost several trying to get it this morning.
Thanks Loca. Is this like yours?

Thumbnail by mekos
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Nope - mine's different. See the pic at the top of the thread. The flowers hang downward so had to lift them to take the pic. It was either that or lay on the ground and look up - lol.

RRM says it does look like some sort of Wandering Jew... So far it's outside and doing well...

Loca, there are 2 different things in my big pot there. One is what you have-on the dirt and the one standing is different with the blooms. Yours is the one like mine laying on the dirt. See the different leaves?

Thumbnail by mekos
Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

Mekos, when you accidently break the stem does it have a slimmy sap? Very pretty plant, my daddy called them " snotweed" i always thought they were pretty. Love the blue on them. I'll get you a pic of those things I sent Loca, they are pretty. they do like the dampness.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Yep mekos - looks like them as babies - lol... Mine were much greener, actually really green, when they were in the peat. Now that I have them in a pot in soil they are more pale green. I think I may have to put them back in some peat. Couldn't leave them with the PPs in my tiny tiny tiny pot bog garden - they were eating the PPs alive - lol...

I know what you mean. They grow all over my yard. I'm not sure how they got in the flower pot with the other things, but wooops and there they be.

Seed must have got n that peat when I weedeated. No telling. They like damp cool areas.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Hmmmmm - then I'll find them a damp cool peaty pot all their own. I bet they green up in no time;o)

Middleton, TN(Zone 7a)

Hey Y'all!
Sharing a few pics..

Beautifil Lily, "Shiraz" that Mindy sent me last year ;-)

Thumbnail by MechelleT
Hornell, NY(Zone 5a)

Nice flower pix Mekos! I'm just getting my camera charged up for more photos tomarrow. I'm way behind you folks, but do have flowers out there. Tomatoes are doing great so far no signs of the dreaded blight that wiped out most of us last year. I'll be ready to plant them in the garden next week, we still have frost warnings here to worry about.

Al

Middleton, TN(Zone 7a)

First Daylily bloom ;-) Don't know the name of this one..

Thumbnail by MechelleT
Middleton, TN(Zone 7a)

Louisiana Iris ;-) Yay they bloomed this year!

Thumbnail by MechelleT

Woo-Hoo, just beautiful, girl! I'm loveing em all.
My daylilies are budded out but none open yet.
Thanks Al. Can't wait to see them.

This message was edited May 17, 2010 6:44 PM

Middleton, TN(Zone 7a)

My lasagna bed vegetable garden

Thumbnail by MechelleT
Middleton, TN(Zone 7a)

Red Hot Poker Lilies.. just don't look at those weeds I need to pull .. hehe

Thumbnail by MechelleT
Middleton, TN(Zone 7a)

Mystery Peony that popped up this year. The blooms already spent but has large seed pods now.

Thumbnail by MechelleT
Middleton, TN(Zone 7a)

Snapping Turtle that was trucking along on our driveway heading for the pond..

Thumbnail by MechelleT

Garden looks good, you made a big one. The plants and the company is pretty. My red hot pokers are about to burst open. They are beginning to. I have the green/ yellow ones and the red/yellow ones.
Really nice girl!

Booneville, AR

mechelle my la iris bloomed like crazy this yearim gona have to try and devide them some this year gona have to do some reading and figure out what i need to do to devide them. i don,t haxe a clue.

Well, nettie, the first thing is get my address and when you divide them, you send me one of each. That will work for me.

Booneville, AR

loca my dh mom near killed me pulling that old weed out of her prim roses she went crazy if she found one piece of that little thing in her flowers she said it starved her plants. i don;t know just tried to keep her happy if you know what i mean.with her and my moma they kept me buisy in early sprong. i tried to be a good dauinlaw and dau. dh has no brothers or sisters so it was just me to do for mrs ruby . i didn;t mind just stayed tirde all the time. just don,t let it get away from you.

Booneville, AR

mekos you bet you id love that.

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

Great pictures everyone! I'm still too chicken to put anything out yet. Heck, we are so far behind all of you! My cherry trees haven't even bloomed yet.
Spent the day trying to find CP's for my bog garden. No luck, but I have all the nursery peeps thinking I am nuts. Apparently, they don't get requests for them very often. But I am going to try to get to the "big city" later in the week and will check there. Hopefully, someone there will have something!

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Lookin good Mechelle!

But nettie, it's such a pretty weed!

Booneville, AR

got all my african vilots fed dh put shelves in two windows for me sure saces me alot of time keeps them close don;t have them strung all over the house. use milk jugs full of water very handy. need to find some new plants some or these are getting old like me.oh my i think i need to go to bed.rest is good for you dh told me that.love to all talk later

Hornell, NY(Zone 5a)

Planted a few of my "early" tomatoes in large 2 cf containers with potting soil yesterday. I can still move them inside if we get frost warnings, hope to be eating fresh tomatoes by mid July which is early here in NY. I know, you girls are way ahead of me but I can still eat tomatoes in late October.

Al

Good morning everyone.
Hi AL, here is one of my maters.

Thumbnail by mekos

Another one. (BIG Smile)

Thumbnail by mekos

This is the tag along vine, that just came up with some of my coral vines. See I sow seeds and when the patience thingy doesn't work and they a no show, I go put the soil back into the bag and start again with something else.(I don't waste soil, if it aint growing nothing, it gets returned to the bag). So anyway, then after planting something else there is usually a stanger moving in with the others. This would be one of them strangers. Now all the vines I planted that was a no ahow was -Rare and tropical, kinda sorta plants. So would ANYONE have an idea what this is? I seperated it from the Coral vines and gave it it's own pot so I could see what it would do. I sure hope it aint poison oak/ivy! It kinda sorta looks like that and I am highly allergic to that stuff! Help!!

Thumbnail by mekos
Enid, OK

Posion Ivy should have a smooth leaf - no little barbs like this one. Of course, if I knew anything I wouldn't have to ask so many questions! I wouldn't trust me if I were you!!

Dellroy, OH(Zone 6b)

Fantastic pictures everyone!
I have that same spiderwort growing here Mekos. And it has just started to set blooms this year. I love the blue color of that little flower...thought about taking a flower to Lowe's and seeing if they could match the color for paint. I would love to have a blue garden and would like to paint a bench to match.

That vine is not poison ivy or the stems would be red right now and so would part of the leaves. I know I have seen it but just need to think about where.....hmmmmm

YOu all take care today...lots of rain here and need to go make sure some plants don't get flooded

bbl

Hugs all around

Hornell, NY(Zone 5a)

I can taste those southern tomatoes already, except mine have to come from the grocery store, UGH. Thanks Mekos, you're a real inspiration!

Al

Thanks Al. I know your climate is different and yours will grow fast as the sun warms them and turns them loose to grow. I kept mine in pots until a few days ago and needed to get them in ground before they get any bigger. I should have put plant food on them but it was cold out and I was always afraid we'd get another frost and didn't want them to walk out of the pots. Now I can feed them and get my sandwich bread ready!

I posted a picture of the vine on the plant Id forum and they said it wasn't poison ivy/oak either but still don't know what it IS.

hey, I ain't goin nowhere, someone got me a subscription. Don't know who. but I am Secretely so glad. Thank you Some one.
Hugs and mule Nuzzles. donkey nuzzles too. ☺☺☺
Charleen

A close up of the vine? Still no ideas?
Hugs to you and Charley, Charleen. Congrats!

Thumbnail by mekos
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Yeah RRM - glad you'll be staying!

mekos - I don't know what your vine is! Those people are good on the Plant ID Forum - hopefully someone can ID it...

Someone thinks it is not a vine but bush or shrub? I would have sworn it was a vine. We'll see.

There is no telling with all the seeds you grow Mekos. I'm sure it will be beautiful.

Middleton, TN(Zone 7a)

RRM, glad you'll be staying with us! Hi Al, Kelly, Mekos.. Planted all my melons yesterday ;-) I grew watermelon, yellow honeydew, banana melon, sweet passion melon, yum.. can't wait.. lol ..Next will be the tray of peppers and then I think I am gonna do just a few more things and be done! The garden ended up being 50x50x50x50! Don't remember how to break that one down to sf or area so.. yeah.. it is what it is! i am so excited cause I got my new Ronnigers's catalog today! So much great info in there! Have a good night everyone! -M

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.