Hanging in there. Part 3

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

I had been away for a week, so am trying to catch up.

Hoping and praying for a great day, LadyG.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Thinking of you Ladyg, Sending healing thoughts from Sunny Fl. Holly

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

The toughest Hang In There kitty needs to rest sometimes.

Thumbnail by sallyg
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Mowing went well. I didn't have to stop and rest. It was a beautiful day too. Cool breeze and partly cloudy. The mosquitos have died down a lot! I am going to dig 3 rhubarb plant this fall and give them to my brother. I'm glad they have a home. He was always partial to rhubarb shortcake.

It's raining!

I dug a few iris yesterday to keep them from creeping into the neighboring iris. I'm glad I did. It was wet, but will be wetter today. No matter how well you tag and take pictures, you miss that one crucial view that would tell you if it was what you thought it was. LOL! I hope to dig, separate and replant some of the iris in a better bed. I need to get the new 7 sisters rose bed figured out. Then maybe I can see if some iris can go with it.

I just need room!! I need more beds! Ouch ouch, (picture husband bopping me on the head. I am.) LOL!

LadyG, I hope your days are restful and quiet, while pink rose petals fall as rain around you and are sweetly scented. May your dreams be good ones.

Take care Chris. (((HUGS)))

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Sally, so adorable! Gorgeous kitty too!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I was thinking what a pretty cat.
Billyporter, sounds like you are getting some good work done.
Big storm here last night lots of lightening and torrential downpours. Might take the loppers outside this morning and cut up more branches. Not like at home where I can just pile it on the burning pit and set it ablaze. Everything much be cut and bundled or put in cans and put out for the trash.
Ladyg, Hope your days get better and you grow stronger.

Crozet, VA

Here is wishing everyone a great weekend. Happy gardening and whatever else you find yourself in.

Falls Church, VA(Zone 7a)

Just a reminder to Chris - YOU will be walking "with" me around DC tomorrow morning at the Global Race for the Cure. We will begin about 8 AM. FLAG!!!!!

This message was edited Jun 4, 2010 8:34 PM

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Chris, Praying for you daily...Sweet dreams tonight.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

LadyG, I hope you aren't having a hard time geting back your strength and well being. I'm trying to get over sinus, so I have a the tiniest feeling of the magnitude you are feeling. It makes me pray harder.

It rained yesterday morning and is raining this morning. I got up around midnight and it was so quiet outside you could have heard someone whisper. There were no cars, in town or on the highway. Not a dog barking, and the bugs were quiet. It was wonderful. I stayed up awhile just looking out the doors and windows at the silence.

I hope you are feeling better. I'll be thinking of you!

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Chris, This being the day of Rose's swap made me think of last year's swap. The Johnson's Blue Geranium you gave me was so large that I split it into two. Both plants are doing very well and make me think of you whenever I see them. They are planted in my one really sunny bed, which often stays very dry. Yet they thrive. When I saw my Mums today, it reminded me that you always say to cut them back by July 4th. They are pretty big already. I don't think I'll wait as late as I did last year to cut them. Now, I'm trying to see if the Glorioso Daisy you gave me is returning.

Be kind to yourself and focus your energy on your well being..

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Stormy--

You can pinch/cut Mums back as much, or as often, as you like--but NOT after July 4th!
After 7/4--they need the time to develop flower buds.....
You can also root the cuttings--I have had them root and grow. Sometimes, I just stick them in the soil next to the mama plant....Mum cuttings root so easily!

Perhaps you just misunderstood what Chris meant....

I had no luck signing up at your new site-----don't know what they want as far as user name and password....
Tried using the same user name as here on DG--why would that be an issue?

W. side of my house......and my Shed--with the S.E.M.--which I finally emptied out....Now I have room to dump all kinds of things in there--again....The round bed is where my Birch tree used to be....Now gone for 3 years already.

Gita

edited to correct-----This is the East side of my house--NOT West.....

This message was edited Jun 5, 2010 8:00 PM

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Stormy. I love those geranium!

Gita, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who has trouble figuring out what a site wants. I love your little shed! You have a nice east yard! My rock garden was where a huge tree was. We do take advantage of open places don't we!

Chris, I hope you are quietly gathering strength, reading books, nibbling on fruit, and enjoying the days. It looks to be a gorgeous day here, but it seems Sunday's always are. Sunday's, the wind quits, the birds are the only noise out there and it's just plain peaceful!

My sinus is still hanging on. Everyday I think it's the last day. I guess two weeks rather than ten days is more the healing process. So, next Thursday I better be done!! I mean it!

I really need to take a few new pictures. I really need to name and put the old ones in their folders. I'm getting behind on a lot of things this year.

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Gita, Last year I had so many chores that I didn't cut my Mums back until July 21st. They still bloomed very well, but it was a delayed bloom. A few of them are quite large now, but I'm not sure that I want to cut them this early. Thanks for the info about cuttings. I hadn't thought about that.

Yesterday, DSO bought me a gauge for my grill. Yippee. I owe him an apology. Apparently, he did refill my weed dragon gas tank, but somehow it must have leaked.

Spent some time today feeding the beds with liquid kelp through the hose sprayer. I wish we'd get a good soaking rain and not brief thunderstorms. They are not penetrating my tree cover.

Chris, hope you are having a relaxing day and that you are enjoying looking at your beds from your porch glider.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Stormy do you like your Weed Dragon? I keep thinking of getting one. Holly

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Holly, it really is a flame thrower, so you have to be really careful where & how you use it. They sell the dragon separately from whatever tank size and tank carrier you are going to use. They sell a backpack for either the large or small propane tank, or a wheel along dolly. I have the wheel along dolly. I don't think anyone should walk around with propane strapped to their back. The hose that runs to the dolly is quite long, so you can operate the dragon a good distance from the gas tank.

It's good to use early in the season before a lot of perennial foliage is up. It's also good to use at the end of the season, when the plants are going dormant. I used to use it a lot on my roadside bed outside of the tree line along the sidewalk. But now that I've planted that area, I don't use it there. I also use it in the area where my big bed butts up against my neighbor's weed factory. This year I may use it as an alternative to Roundup in all of the cracks in my drive and sidewalk and also to edge the sidewalk. So far, I haven't found that it kills perennial weed roots, but it sure does make quick work of controlling them, especially on hard surfaces.

If you use it in the beds, you have to be sure not to concentrate it in one area too long, or you might set mulch ablaze. And of course, you have to watch out for the surrounding plants. It's great to use for between pavers and bricks and around edges of structures, again not concentrating it in one spot for too long. It would be really great for things like controlling IVY on masonry. People do use them on vegetable beds in between seasons and around the edges.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Propane strapped to their back. Oh dear!

I think I'm on the last day of sinus. I feel much better and slept well. I better be, because I have to mow. It was so quiet this morning. Now the town is waking up. Machinery across the road, a dog barking. DH in the bathroom. He 's been doing most of my work outside and has worn himself out too.

Chris, I hope you are kicking back and just feeling the energy move back in. It's nearing the end of treatments isn't it? I imagine it's really caught up with you now.

(((((A BIG HUG)))))

Prayers for strength!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Happy Monday, LadyG. Praying for a good day!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Thanks Stormy, I was thinking it would be good for the patio, walks & driveway.
BillyPorter, Glad you are feeling better, my allergies are kicking up a bit.
Ladyg Sending sunshine and good thoughts. I think of you everyday and pray you will come through this soon. Holly

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Just checking in to see how you're doing, Chris..keeping you in my prayers

Crozet, VA

Good thoughts being sent to Lady G from Virginia too.

Ruby

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Chris, Our prayers are with you and Paul. You are one brave lady. Ric

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Chris, I never got the time to show you any of my tulips this year. Maybe now they will bring a bright spot to your day.

Thumbnail by stormyla
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

LadyG, seeing you smiling face at the beginning makes me feel good. I hope you are feeling OK. We miss you, but take your time and do what you need to do. We'll be here :o)

HollyAnn, you have my sympathy. I hope they don't flare up too bad.

Stormy, what a cheerful picture!

Roses for the Lady!!

Thumbnail by billyporter
Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

Thinking of you Chris..........

early_bloomer

Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

LadyG, I hope you are feeling ok!

I'm two weeks in trying to get over my sinus. I'm almost there, then I wake up and it's gained a litle. I've been drinking a lot of orange juice and eating apples and yogurt. I can imagine how bad you must be feeling and hope you are just going with it. Lay low. I just hope you can get your life back to normal soon.

Big hugs and prayers!

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Chris, You are ever in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you are having a good day today & I hope you have an even better one tomorrow.

Love ya honey.

Thumbnail by music2keep
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

I hope today is a turning point for the better. Dang ole treatments anyway!

BIG HUGS, BIG PRAYERS!

I'll check in later.

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Hope today is finding you feeling stronger and better, Chris. We're your cheering squad.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Cheering you on and adding my prayers today, as always.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Even the tiny things matter.

I hope you are feeling better!

We got the Grandkids last night so I'll be pressed for time the next couple of days.

Take care and get well!

(((((HUGS)))))

Thumbnail by billyporter
Odenton, MD(Zone 7b)

Hope you are getting the rest you need and checking in now and then to catch up on the well wishes.
This is the little hydrangea you gave me at the plant swap at Holly and Ric's last year, it is coming along well, as I hope you are.

Thumbnail by Catbird423
Crozet, VA

Thank you to everyone who is including such beautiful flower pictures. Isn't it a grand time of year with all of the beauties that are growing and blessing our eye sight and also the wonderful fragrances to be enjoyed by some.

Catbird......I love the Hydrangea. I am a bit partial to those plants. I have both blue and pink ones.

A good weekend wish to each of you.

Ruby

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Good morning LadyG! It's raining. Nichols is having a town wide garage sale today so I hope it's over soon. I am not in it, nor will I buy anything! I thought it would be fun to walk the boys around, but this has brought out the mosquitos. Dang it anyway!

It is a good storm. The lightning strikes on the web page are too many to count and the thunder keeps on rolling. I won't have to do any watering today!

I can't believe the beautiful weather we had yesterday. DH filled two big tub and the boys sat in them all afternoon. I got out squirt guns and they were in boy Heaven! "Grandma, come here, I have something to show you, grin grin." I went and got squirted, because I filled them with warm water first, LOL!

Hey Grandma!

Thumbnail by billyporter
Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

LOL @ "Hey Grandma!"

LadyG, you're in my thoughts this morning, praying that your treatment is going well and that you're feeling just a little stronger each day. I'm finally feeling the teeniest bit better after a rough reaction to my first treatment, so I've got some notion of what you may have been dealing with lately... I'm just continuing to lift you up in prayer.

I wish I could share a Joyanna cuddle with you! When somebody comes into the room, she sticks her hands up in the air, wrinkles up her nose in her best grin, and just starts dancing and bouncing in anticipation of being picked up and loved on.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

We are home, so great to be home. Looks like a jungle here we will be very busy for quite awhile. Jamie has been keeping up with the mowing but with the rains we have been having couldn't quite get the trimming done, too. So it is still pretty shaggy in some areas. Flower beds aren't too weedy but they are so over grown and a lot of flowers need staking. The Veggie garden is solid green with weeds so high you can't find the broccoli and half the Veggies never did get planted.
BillyPorter, Those boys do look like they are having a great time. I think I might have been shot with a watergun a time or too. That "Hey Grams" line works pretty good. LOL
Critter, so sorry to hear your bad reaction to the treatments. How hard it must be for both you and Ladyg. You are so right Joyanna hugs are so wonderful she is a real joyful child. You couldn't have picked a more perfect name for her.
Ladyg, You are much in my thoughts hope you will be well and back with us soon. Holly

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Jill, she's pure love and is already something special!

HollyAnn, I gave Preen an honest try this year. I've used it, but this year I managed to get it on just before all the rains. I don't seem to have any new weeds and the weeds that didn't get pulled, but seeded out, are not growing any green sprouts. I am thrilled!

I like big weeds because when they get pulled it opens up a nice big area and you actually think you'll get it done, LOL!

It IS so good to get home isn't it! Everything looks so different!

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Chris, We are all here sending our good thoughts and wishes to you. We hope our photos and chatter are bringing happiness to you. Please enjoy them, rest and when you are feeling better, we'll pick up where we left off! You are always in our hearts and prayers.

Thumbnail by stormyla
Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

What she said

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Yeah, ditto! The boys are stirring, so my minutes are numbered here, LOL. They go home sometime today. I hope we can play outside before the rain!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.