Want to try composting. Head spinning. Help!

River Vale, NJ

Thanks. Good luck to you! :)

Mid-Cape, MA(Zone 7a)

Quoting:
And it feels pretty good knowing I'm keeping totally useful organic material out of the landfill.

Wait till you start eyeing other people's garbage-bins for suspiciously-wet looking trash. . . then you begin casting covetous looks at the food dinner-conpanions have left on their plates. . . . then you offer to "help" by carrying off your neighbor's bagged leaves. . .
One bin is not going to be enough! ;-)

(edited for typos)

This message was edited May 25, 2010 12:57 PM

Indianapolis, IN(Zone 4b)

Then you'll find yourself visiting coffee shops for used coffee grounds, and looking forward to junk mail because you can shred it and use it as a free carbon booster for your compost.

Hi. My name is Alo, and I'm a compostaholic.

Algonquin, IL(Zone 5a)

Hey, CapeCodGardener & PuddlePirate, that sounds like a great idea for a new thread!

Indianapolis, IN(Zone 4b)

Something like "You might be a compost addict if..." or somesuch?

Algonquin, IL(Zone 5a)

Sounds pretty good to me, but I'm a "newbie".

SE Houston (Hobby), TX(Zone 9a)

Hi, Puddlepirate.

My name is Linda, and I'm "compostholic."

Mine is a religion, rather than an addiction, and I'm one of the practicing "faithful".

Anyway, "Thanks for sharing!"

TEE HEE HEE!!!!

This message was edited May 26, 2010 10:57 AM

Mid-Cape, MA(Zone 7a)

Quoting:
My name is Linda, and I'm "compostholic."

Me too, Linda, but I haven't figured out why I love the composting process so much, not to mention reading about it on the Soil and Composting Forum. But it is definitely addictive.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

Pay no attention to Linda. She also worships at the church of wintersowing

Karen

kqcrna,

LOL!

AND YOU DON'T KNOW HOW I WISH I COULD UP THAT "LOL" FONT TO ABOUT 105 PT!!! Good thing I wasn't sipping the coffee just then!

Moscow, ID(Zone 5a)

=:0) very clean monitor, here...

TOO, FUNNY! I'm still laughing out loud!

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

I actually have my neighbors giving me their kitchen green garbage. I gave them a container to collect. Good luck. The next thing you will do is start growing worms for vericomposting.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.