Mothers Day Celebrations

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Just got home from our Mothers Day get together. It was at Josh's house and a very nice day. Our GS JR's birthday is tomorrow so we had a Birthday/Mothers Day party. I got presents and cards and a great meal but really the nicest thing of all is that we could all get together. My children all live close and my parents are close, too. That is really what made the day so very special.
I hope you all have had a great day today.
This was taken about 3 years ago. My Mom and my Granddaughter Lily.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Shenandoah Valley, VA

I LOVE that photo, Holly. So sweet. I took some photos of my mom and Joyce today with their Mother's Day presents. I'll post them in a bit after I download them.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I can just see the joy in my Mom's face in that picture. She is a wonderful Mother, Grandmother and GreatGrandMother. I have been so blessed having her.
Yes please download those pics I would love to see them. Hope the pic of your Mother is as good as the one with the Irises & Lilacs that is such a great shot.

Shenandoah Valley, VA

I know. I love the expression on her face. "Look what I've got!" :>)

Here we go. This is Mom with the flowers my sister sent her.

Thumbnail by hart
Shenandoah Valley, VA

I got her this clock. There's a slot for a photo at every hour spot. You can't see them very well, but I had everything from Mom and Daddy's wedding photo at 12 to more recent photos taken in the past couple of weeks.

Thumbnail by hart
Shenandoah Valley, VA

She really liked the balloons I got her and the hummingbird feeder that attaches to her window with suctions cups. With the regular birdfeeder and suet holder with suction cups, she has quite a collection now for her birdwatching.

Thumbnail by hart
Shenandoah Valley, VA

We got Joyce this pretty necklace and the pink thing around her neck, which is one of those things you can heat in the microwave or cool in the freezer for neck pain.

I don't know what the stones are in the necklace but they're really pretty - lavender, purple, tan, brown and off white.

Thumbnail by hart
Shenandoah Valley, VA

Mom and a couple of the girls who work at Greenfield. She's saying, "These girls are so good to me." Awwwwww.

Thumbnail by hart
Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Wonderful pictures! Happiness! Neat clock-. My MIL has a days of the week clock; frankly I could use that one now!.
We didn't take any pictures (what's wrong with me?} but had a nice dinner with my mom over. I gave her a mature tomato plant from the nursery. it should survive on the patio for awhile and be fun to pick from and too big for the chipmunk to dig up! We got her a digital pic frame for Xmas and she really likes it . I was afraid she'd look at it once and put it away forever but she's viewed it a number of times and wants a new batch of pictures. So to start my work choosing new pics for her, here's a pic of an old pic, me and Mom in younger days

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

OOPS! Ric

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

My kids got me a bouquet of flowers and a gift card to a spa.

The first Mother's Day without my mom, it was kinda tough.
Here's me, my 1 sister, my grandma and my mom 1987 at my grandma's house in Edmonton

Thumbnail by flowAjen
Shenandoah Valley, VA

Oh, Jen! I'm so sorry. I know how hard holidays were the first year after my dad died. It's hard to believe, but it does get less painful as time goes by. What a wonderful photo of all of you. I'm sending you big hugs.

One thing nice about that clock, besides the photos, is that it's huge and it's a lot easier for Mom to see with her vision problems. She was actually able to tell the time on it. She had so much fun with the photos, going around and around naming the people in each photo. As you can see, we have tons of photos on the wall in her room and I used some of the same ones in the clock, but she still enjoyed them. In her words, "This clock is so cool!" That's my hipster mom. LOL

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Wonderful photos of beautiful moms. Yes, Jen, it is hard but does get better with time.

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Oops there it is

a hug for you ( jen)

Thumbnail by sallyg
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Jen so sorry it must be very hard for you. That picture is wonderful. I am very blessed that both my parents are still here and in good health. We had a bit of a scare with Dad a few months ago but he is doing just fine now.
Sally, Wow do you look like your Mom. LOL
Hart, What great pics you got. Both of them look so happy. I have one of those things you can heat or cool. I think it is filled with rice hulls or something like that. It works great.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Thanks everyone!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.